Thanks for the info!!
Fred
Old 04-23-2023, 11:09 PM
FRED HAMBLE
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 80 Posts

Just book room at Best Western
500 for 2 nights!! Inflation sucks.
I am goin g with my three adult kids. Can u pre register walk ins??
See everyone in August.
Fred
Old 04-24-2023, 07:36 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by FRED HAMBLE
Just book room at Best Western
500 for 2 nights!! Inflation sucks.
I am goin g with my three adult kids. Can u pre register walk ins??
See everyone in August.
Fred
Are you taking your Corvette or one vehicle for all?
Old 04-24-2023, 11:23 AM
FRED HAMBLE
Melting Slicks

HA HA Corvette plus 1
Old 04-24-2023, 02:48 PM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

HA HA Corvette plus 1
Funfield pass for the Corvette gets you and a passenger in.
Other 2 adult kids & vehicle see here: ClickNTix - 2023 Corvettes at Carlisle

Old 04-24-2023, 11:04 PM
FRED HAMBLE
Melting Slicks

Does any one know if ARH is going to be there installing their headers?? and tunes??
Old 04-27-2023, 02:19 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Im going and always have fun when I go
The following users liked this post:
CTYANK2 (04-27-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 08:46 PM
ICONIC7
Pro

Received 531 Likes on 279 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Registered for the fun field a few weeks ago. Going to do the parade this year since I couldn't do it last year.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:33 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Does any one know if ARH is going to be there installing their headers?? and tunes??
As I recall they are not too far from you. Give them a call?
Old 04-30-2023, 12:43 PM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

I called them to ask the same, they don't attend Carlisle anymore and just recently moved to North Carolina
Old 04-30-2023, 04:54 PM
FRED HAMBLE
Melting Slicks

Just as I thought as the web site has the NC address. Great p[product!!
Old 05-09-2023, 01:32 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Carlisle Newbie here, never been, likely because of somewhat of a hike from Louisiana.

On the bucket list and all reports say you must go.

Would appreciate any suggestions for a first timer. We are taking our 2016 Long Beach Red.

Much thanks!
Old 05-09-2023, 02:58 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by 20mercury
Carlisle Newbie here, never been, likely because of somewhat of a hike from Louisiana.

Would appreciate any suggestions for a first timer. We are taking our 2016 Long Beach Red.

Much thanks!
It can get very hot. Bring a cooler with your choice of beverages. You can buy drinks there too. Bring money, You can get breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the fairgrounds, A hat and sunglasses and sunscreen are all a must. If you do not bring a canopy with you, make friends with the people parked near you that have one Bring a bag chair also.
When you get there and parked, head to the customer service building to pick up your goodie bag (you'll get a letter in the mail with your sticker). d. And be sure to wear the most comfortable shoes you own because you'll walk MILES. Make sure you grab your letter from the registration to grab your Goodie bag.
The parade Saturday night through downtown Carlisle. You Need to plan to be there to line up early
Update, dont waste your time with a goody bag
Look for hotels now, most are already filled, but check back/get on their cancellation list.
The Brewery is a good place to eat lunch outside gate 1 that is air conditioned as a break from the heat

Stop by the 63-67 Registry and say Hi

Tom M
20mercury (05-10-2023)
Old 05-09-2023, 08:28 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Default Much Thanks for taking time to respond!

Originally Posted by 67's
It can get very hot. Bring a cooler with your choice of beverages. You can buy drinks there too. Bring money, You can get breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the fairgrounds, A hat and sunglasses and sunscreen are all a must. If you do not bring a canopy with you, make friends with the people parked near you that have one Bring a bag chair also.
When you get there and parked, head to the customer service building to pick up your goodie bag (you'll get a letter in the mail with your sticker). d. And be sure to wear the most comfortable shoes you own because you'll walk MILES. Make sure you grab your letter from the registration to grab your Goodie bag.
The parade Saturday night through downtown Carlisle. You Need to plan to be there to line up early
Update, dont waste your time with a goody bag
Look for hotels now, most are already filled, but check back/get on their cancellation list.
The Brewery is a good place to eat lunch outside gate 1 that is air conditioned as a break from the heat

Stop by the 63-67 Registry and say Hi

Tom M
Hi Tom,

Much Thanks for taking time to respond!

And will try to swing by and thank you in person too.

Hope to see you there!
Old 05-09-2023, 08:33 PM
ICONIC7
Pro

Received 531 Likes on 279 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Much thanks!
Solid advise above. If you can't find a hotel right in Carlisle, I would check Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, and Harrisburg in that order. Harrisburg is about a half hour away
The following 2 users liked this post by ICONIC7:
20mercury (05-10-2023), ladder13 (05-29-2023)
Old 05-09-2023, 11:40 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 728 Likes on 463 Posts

Much thanks!
First of all, get registered for the Fun Field. If you're not on the Fun Field, then you're up on the hill in general Corvette Parking and if it's 100* or more, that's a bitch to walk up. Plus the Fun Field gives you parking where all of the action is. It's not a guarantee that you'll get the same spot every day, but it's better than general parking or street parking.
There are small canopies out there that take up no more room than a camping chair in your car, so get one of those. There is NO shade, and believe me when I say, not everyone appreciates or wants their strange neighbor camped out under their tent. The sun moves, most people like to move their chairs under their tent to stay out of the sun. So try and bring your own. One like this, at least two people will be comfortable under it.:
Amazon Amazon
And bring 2 camping (fold up bag chairs) chairs because there's no place to sit except the grandstand.
Bring hats, comfortable shoes, a cooler (I have a collapsible one that I fill up with ice at the hotel in the mornings), and a lot of money. You can always buy a case of water or soda when you get into Carlisle to fill your cooler each day. And bring and use sunscreen.
Get there EARLY! When I say early, I mean between 6 and 8 a.m. each day, especially Friday and Saturday if the weather is good. Food booths are open on the fairgrounds for breakfast, so you won't starve by lunchtime. Stolfutz's under the grandstand (that's where the foodcourt is) makes great sandwiches, pastries, and soup. But you'll find just about any kind of food you're hungry for. And there are food vendors all over the fairgrounds who sell everything from barbeque to beer.
As for hotels.....try hotels.com, choicehotels.com, or any of the larger names directly. You're going to get sticker shock for most of the closer hotels, some are even over $300 a night with a 3 night minimum. Nearby towns mentioned above, or you could head out 81 to Chambersburg and find some decent places for about 1/3 the cost, but a half hour drive. Shippensburg isn't that far either.
I know you don't think that your car will hold everything, but I have a C6 convertible, and had an 02 Z06, and every year, this is what I get in the trunk : a normal size 10x10 pop up tent, two camping chairs. a folding table, a cooler, luggage, my detail bag, a case of soda, stakes for the tent (BE SURE TO BRING STAKES AND A HAMMER!), and probably some other stuff, and then on the way home, I manage to get what I bought in there too. They hold a lot! A GPS or Nav system helps if there's not one in your ride. Plenty of restaurants around town. We usually stay in south Carisle, and the Walnut Bottom Diner, Hoss's Steak House, Chili's and Cracker Barrel are all within 5 minutes of our hotel. Hotels in that area are the Fairfield Inn, Country Inn and Suites, Super 8 South,and the Holiday Inn Express.
But if you've already decided you're going, you best get on the stick. Oh, and if you need a mobility scooter, they have them available, but you have to reserve them ahead of time and pay for them. Cost was $90 a day last year. You can find the info on that on Carlisle's website.
Best of luck to you and hope you can make it. Everyone who loves Corvettes should go at least once.
The following 2 users liked this post by USA1 427:
20mercury (05-10-2023), jimmymack (05-19-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 12:45 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Great list! Much Thanks!

" One like this, at least two people will be comfortable under it.:
Amazon Amazon
<b>Amazon""</b> Amazon""
Sounds like $90 for a pop up wll be looking very cheep about 3pm in the afternoon, Ha!

"Best of luck to you and hope you can make it. Everyone who loves Corvettes should go at least once."
That is what I understand from talking to others that have been.

Thanks to everyone for all of the info and taking time to respond.

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 24-26, 2023

Old 05-29-2023, 10:39 AM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 798 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by ICONIC7
Solid advise above. If you can't find a hotel right in Carlisle, I would check Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, and Harrisburg in that order. Harrisburg is about a half hour away
We stay in Mechanicsburg on Ritter road. Hampton Inn (for many many years) or Homewood Suites. Easy, scenic drive into Carlisle. We spent many years up in Camp Hill also.
Hotel prices have really escalated recently to over 300 a night, but we always book
after the event ends so we get a really good rate.
Didn't attend last year, first time in decades, as we both got Covid just before the show.
jimmymack (06-07-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 03:10 PM
Czarvette
Safety Car

Received 154 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ladder13
We stay in Mechanicsburg on Ritter road. Hampton Inn (for many many years) or Homewood Suites. Easy, scenic drive into Carlisle. We spent many years up in Camp Hill also.
Hotel prices have really escalated recently to over 300 a night, but we always book
after the event ends so we get a really good rate.
Didn't attend last year, first time in decades, as we both got Covid just before the show.
I'll add that Gettysburg is not too far away either with a variety of hotels. I stayed there about 5 years ago; it's about 30 minutes away and the drive in (using back roads) was very enjoyable with the sun just rising and misty fog in dips in the farm fields.

Hotel prices have gotten insane everywhere, not just for Carlisle. I'm finding that hotels are asking about 50% higher than what they charged last year even in very competitive urban markets. Hard to find a hotel room in downtown Boston under $500, for example.
Old 06-23-2023, 11:14 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 728 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by ladder13
Sorry to hear that Rich. IE will not be the same.
Leaving with a bitter taste in my mouth about this but let's clear the air. Long story short, our reserved spot (year 5) was basically taken from us by a club who wanted our spot. We moved over one spot to accomodate them last year, but this year they flat out wanted us out, or we were given the option to sit WITH them. Strangers. No thanks. We were offered only ONE other spot which happened to be across from the guest relations building on gravel by the grandstands, which was unacceptable. No other options. That was it. Sit with the club....or take that crappy spot. We had reregisterd and paid before we left the show in 2022, so they couldn't say we didn't reserve in time. It was OUR spot, bought and paid for and the club should have been told that. Go the other direction. But no. Too much $$ to be made from a large club that rents a huge tent from the fairgrounds. Pretty soon, the whole reserved area will be for clubs only as they keep putting up bigger and bigger tents and taking up more and more property. The response I got from Lance was "I'm sorry. Sometimes thing happen beyond our control". How was this out of your control? Anyhow, no matter how they may come back and sugar coat what happened. Carlisle is off my list of must go to shows after over 20 years. But I look at it this way....for what I spent at Carlisle, I'll book an ocean cruise instead.
ladder13 (06-27-2023)

Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 24-26, 2023