CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - Official Thread - August 22-24, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 02:01 PM
GentlemanVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
if you are thinking about Al Knoch...I think you might be too late ..he usually is booked months in advance....but its worth a try to give him a call asap
I emailed them months ago but no response. I called them earlier this week. Turns out they don't do c6s. Bummed out, cause it looked like they do great work. Soooo, I look forward to the vendor list.(btw...a running list would be nice). Patrick from gmpartshouse can get the products. But has no one to install. We're arriving Wednesday so we can enjoy the entire event. We look forward to seeing all of the corvette family-Yol Bolsun
Old 07-25-2014, 02:05 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Check out Corvette America. They manufacture seats and covers in their Reedsville plant just outside of State College. You may be able to purchase the covers for a discount at Carlisle then swing by their plant for install. I'm not sure, but it's worth a try.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Mark H
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

First time Carlisle here!! I'm only doing Saturday do to work, but will arrive early in the am to take in as much as one can in a day. So, where do I purchase my tickets to get in and park? Thanks!!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:38 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Gate 3 for general Corvette parking
Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Mark H
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Gate 3 for general Corvette parking
Thank you!!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:24 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Mark H
First time Carlisle here!! I'm only doing Saturday do to work, but will arrive early in the am to take in as much as one can in a day. So, where do I purchase my tickets to get in and park? Thanks!!
Mark,

You can also come in Gate 1 and Gate 5 as well as Gate 3. Depending on the time you want to depart, I'd recommend considering parking outside of Gate 1 (non-Corvette) parking - easy to walk in and out of the facility.

Sorry you can't make the entire event, but at least you're able to make one day!

Cheers,

Lance
Old 07-26-2014, 10:26 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by GentlemanVette
I emailed them months ago but no response. I called them earlier this week. Turns out they don't do c6s. Bummed out, cause it looked like they do great work. Soooo, I look forward to the vendor list.(btw...a running list would be nice). Patrick from gmpartshouse can get the products. But has no one to install. We're arriving Wednesday so we can enjoy the entire event. We look forward to seeing all of the corvette family-Yol Bolsun
Visit: Corvette America.

Cheers,

Lance
Old 07-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Puzzled
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there Fri-Sun. I believe this is my fourth or fifth year attending CAC. This year I entered the fun field simply because it was less than two three day passes and parking. Use to get season passes but still got dinged for parking.

Looking to see who is doing installs this year. Outside of the exhaust guys I swear the list is getting shorter each year.

Looking for a Halo light install, side vent grills, ????....
Old 07-28-2014, 07:39 AM
GForensic
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by racelance
I don't know the exact colors that will be coming to the event. Not to worry there will be plenty of Z06's at the event! If I find out more details regarding colors & etc. I'll be sure to update everyone here.

Life is good,

Lance

Hey Lance,

Thanks for the response!

C'Mon Sunrise Orange!! Lol.....

See you there!

Thanks!!
Steve
Old 07-28-2014, 08:27 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Puzzled
I'll be there Fri-Sun. I believe this is my fourth or fifth year attending CAC. This year I entered the fun field simply because it was less than two three day passes and parking. Use to get season passes but still got dinged for parking.

Looking to see who is doing installs this year. Outside of the exhaust guys I swear the list is getting shorter each year.

Looking for a Halo light install, side vent grills, ????....
Here's a list of installers:
  • A&A (Keystone)
  • Corsa
  • Magnaflow
  • East Coast Supercharging
  • Billy Boat
  • Kooks Headers
  • American Racing Headers
  • Borla
  • Mid America Motorworks

I hope this helps you!

Cheers,

Lance
Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

• A&A (Keystone)
  • Corsa
  • Magnaflow
  • Billy Boat
  • Kooks Headers
  • Borla
  • Mid America Motorworks

I hope this helps you!

Cheers,

Lance
Nice... thank you Lance... this list will be used ...
Old 07-29-2014, 07:09 PM
apredvette
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 60th 427s

Corvettes at Carlisle August 22-24, 2014

Below are a few links and descriptions regarding the upcoming 2014 Corvettes at Carlisle event:

1. Corvettes at Carlisle Website – be sure to check back frequently; we're continually updating our website to reflect any new activities!

2. Registering your Corvette for the Fun Field Sponsored by Corvette America. When you register you'll receive parking within the Fun Field area, a goody bag full of awesome goodies and a commemorative Corvettes at Carlisle T-Shirt.

--> 1964 Corvette Reunion - It's the 50th year celebration for the 1964 Corvette so we plan on making a big splash about it!

--> Corvette Race Reunion - Don't miss this awesome display of incredible Corvette race cars.

--> Corvette Challenge Car Reunion - The famous Corvette Challenge Cars that races from 1988-1989 will be showcased along with the beautiful race reunion area, this will be a great display!

3. Directions to/from Carlisle, PA

4. Event details for the weekend - We'll update this frequently so be sure to check back often.

5. Hotel Information & Contact List

6. Weather in Carlisle, PA

7. Saturday @ NOON - August 23, 2014 - REV YOUR ENGINES for 15 seconds & follow with a moment of silence. A tribute for my father, Chip Miller, who passed away from amyloidosis (more info: ChipMiller.org). This rev is for every Corvette hobbyist who lost a loved one or dear friend – let them hear and feel the rumble!

8. Chip's Choice is a special invitation-only display inside of Building T that highlights one aspect of the Corvette hobby. This year's theme will focus on the story behind the car. We're seeking Corvettes that honor relationships related to the vehicle. Such as a bonding experience through a restoration, or perhaps a love story that turned into marriage and etc.

10. We’re delighted to have the Chevrolet Team during Corvettes at Carlisle. This year expect to see a large number of Engineers and other GM team members sharing their knowledge on the all new Corvette. This will be something every Corvette enthusiast won’t want to miss!

If you have any questions, please feel free posting them here & I'll be happy to answer them for you. I'm looking forward to another incredible year; we appreciate your support!

If anyone has anything else that would be helpful to add - please feel free posting it here.

Again, I'm looking forward to another wonderful year of Corvettes at Carlisle!

Life is good,

Lance Miller

PS To get the latest up to date information sign up for our ENEWSLETTER - CLICK HERE!
Many of us on the forum are wondering if you would consider having a 60th Anniversary 427 convertible section on the fun field. In years past you've set these up for ZR1s, ZO6s, etc. It would be cool to get as many of these limited production cars in one place as possible.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:13 PM
apredvette
Instructor

Mark, we're glad to have you attend Corvettes at Carlisle for the first time! We'll do our best to make sure you have a great time and have you mark your calendar for future years!

We do not have a one day pass for sale online, if you are coming for the day I'd recommend just purchasing a ticket at the gate upon your arrival - parking is available on-grounds for a small fee (for Corvettes only) and there is plenty of parking all around the facility by neighboring properties.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate asking them here. We look forward to having you!

Sincerely,

Lance

PS Sorry for the slow response, I'm in FL preparing for another event we're hosting this coming weekend.
Many of us on the forum are wondering if you would consider having a 60th Anniversary 427 convertible section on the fun field. In years past you've set these up for ZR1s, ZO6s, etc. It would be cool to get as many of these limited production cars in one place as possible.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:39 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by apredvette
AGREED! That would be appropriate and appreciated. We know it's not possible this year, but next year maybe?
Old 07-30-2014, 04:25 PM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

• A&A (Keystone)
  • Corsa
  • Magnaflow
  • Billy Boat
  • Kooks Headers
  • Borla
  • Mid America Motorworks

I hope this helps you!

Cheers,

Lance
Lance you should start a " thread " of list of vendors - installing for all of us to see...No doubt people are missing this !!!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:56 PM
apredvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by USA1 427
AGREED! That would be appropriate and appreciated. We know it's not possible this year, but next year maybe?
Maybe if enough of us "pester" Lance enough he can set something up one year. The last of C6s is actually a hell of a car when you think about it. It should not go under appreciated
Old 07-31-2014, 08:44 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by apredvette
Maybe if enough of us "pester" Lance enough he can set something up one year. The last of C6s is actually a hell of a car when you think about it. It should not go under appreciated
Please remember the events are all about YOU, the attendees. With this in mind, I often am thrown ideas and frequently we implement if the ideas work for the masses. There's no need to 'pester' me I'm happy to carry out what people are looking to accomplish. The themed displays such as the 50th Anniversary cars ('64s this year), the Challenge Car display & etc. all have anniversaries (Challenge Car is 25 years young). Next year we plan on producing the American Flag and honoring Vets

Let me know how you feel the 427 theme would fit and what you envision - either PM me, place it here or hit me up via email: lancem<AT SIGN>carlisleevents.com.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Lance

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - Official Thread - August 22-24, 2014

Old 07-31-2014, 08:52 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

I think we all just want to park together like you did for the Z06's a few years ago, or like you do for the Grand Sports, the Carlisle blues, the Callaways, etc. These are 1 year cars and, not to sound snobbish, I think we deserve some recognition as well.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Witmer
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts

Next year we plan on producing the American Flag and honoring Vets

Lance
So how does one get his red, white or blue car in the flag photo in 2015? Will it be an option to select when completing on-line fun field registration?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:04 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Question for Lance. Got my sticker in the mail today and was reading over the letter. Noticed that it had a warning in it about reserving spaces with ropes, security tape, chairs, etc. and that they will be removed by security staff. What about our pop up canopies? We always leave ours there, but don't use chairs or tape, etc. We just make sure we're there plenty early so as to have our car parked before the rush. Will that be okay as usual this year? We always either drop it to the ground or take the top off in case of bad weather.
I certainly understand your message about the tape and chairs. It was out of control last year and kept a lot of people who came early from finding places to park, while those who had their area taped off didn't show up till after noon.
I'd appreciate your answer. To be honest, if we have to take down the shade canopy each night, this will most likely be the last year for us as we're older and it's a real chore for us to take it down and put it up. But I will respect whatever your rules are.

Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - Official Thread - August 22-24, 2014