Corvettes at Carlisle Pics PLEASE !

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 06:02 PM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Corvettes at Carlisle Pics PLEASE !

I went last year, had the time of my life. We were suppose to go this year and had to cancel at the last minute. PLEASE keep the pics coming to hold me over until next year ! I'm already counting down for next year .
Old 08-24-2013, 10:46 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Just got back. I'll post them up as soon as I can..............like tomorrow.
Let's just say that they were a few cars short of a record today. The place was JAMMED! A great time as always.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Czarvette
Safety Car

Received 154 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Just got back. I'll post them up as soon as I can..............like tomorrow.
Let's just say that they were a few cars short of a record today. The place was JAMMED! A great time as always.
Just got back to where were staying in M'burg after a long, long day, am totally bushed. They didnt set a record today? Inconceivable! Weather was utterly perfect, and new Stingray was a big draw. Turnout for parade, both entrants and spectators, seemed biggest ever.

Will post pix tomorrow nite after we get back home
Old 08-25-2013, 02:56 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

I heard that on Saturday at 3 p.m. they announced that they missed the record by 40 cars......so that's pretty darn close. One thing I noticed is that by 3:30 on Saturday MANY people had packed up and left. Even when we checked out of our hotel on Saturday morning, the desk clerk commented to me about "why is everyone checking out today? We always have people till Sunday! But not this year." With no car giveaway, I think that really hurt the Sunday attendance. Heck, I even saw plenty of vendors in the swap meet area packing up on Saturday. There's really no draw to keep people there one more night.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Czarvette
Safety Car

Received 154 Likes on 54 Posts

I second your observation about people packing up and bugging out by 3:30-4:00 on Saturday, even some swap meet vendors. We were the only ones from our local Corvette clubs who stayed for the parade, for example, out of about dozen or so attendees. And neither we nor they were back on Sunday. For us, Saturday's parade is the capstone of the event.

We're planning to be there around noontime on Thursday next year... I suspect those wanting to make the show a 3-day attendance are increasingly opting for showing up on Thursday rather than staying Sunday as a way of easing into the show.

I suspect that for many, like ourselves, Sunday is "return and recuperate" day... easier to bug out from work earlier the week before than make Monday the R&R day.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Czarvette
I second your observation about people packing up and bugging out by 3:30-4:00 on Saturday, even some swap meet vendors. We were the only ones from our local Corvette clubs who stayed for the parade, for example, out of about dozen or so attendees. And neither we nor they were back on Sunday. For us, Saturday's parade is the capstone of the event.

We're planning to be there around noontime on Thursday next year... I suspect those wanting to make the show a 3-day attendance are increasingly opting for showing up on Thursday rather than staying Sunday as a way of easing into the show.

I suspect that for many, like ourselves, Sunday is "return and recuperate" day... easier to bug out from work earlier the week before than make Monday the R&R day.
I was there Sunday and it was like a Ghost Town, MANY vendors especially in the inside area (near the fun field) packed and left. Not only does the car giveaway have something to do with this, I strongly believe the economey in general has much more to do with this. With the price of gas, food, and lodging so high, people have to trim something so Sunday is the day they cut. Its funny I was there Thursday, and Thursday has now become like Friday use to be many years ago, Friday has now turned into a Saturday, and Saturday is the strongest of all, with Sunday being the day that suffered the most....

Old 08-26-2013, 01:40 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

You got it right EBVette.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:54 PM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

We always make a weekend of it and we actually stayed LONGER this year than normal. Usually, we show up early Saturday and spend the entire day and then head to Gettysburg and spend the night there.... tour the battlefield and then head back to the Burgh.
This year, we met in Carlisle Friday AM... spent the day there and had a place reserved in Mech's burg. Country Inn & Suites was a great stay BTW. Food and shopping was only 5 minutes away.. went to tx roadhouse and saw tons more Vettes there.

We left about 3 I think on Saturday. I know for US... we left "early" because of how bad traffic was getting out of there on Friday @ 5.... that was insane ( and I'm used to that here ). Had a nice drive to Gettysburg, stopping @ a nice country market peace stand... a bunch of others ended up there too, so it was another Car show

Took a nice leisurely drive back to SW PA yesterday stopping all along 30 including flight 93 site.

So while we didn't stay all 3 days, we DID stay longer than we have in the past.

I'll get some pics up on PB and link them here soon.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:00 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

We left Sunday about noon. Would have stayed longer had there been a Corvette give away car this year.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:05 PM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Pics... sorry if they come out too big in advance

Last edited by AverageVetteNut; 08-26-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 PM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

I'll say this... I'm NOT a fan of bright red cars.... and I DID like the C7 in Torch red.

Kim is not a fan of green and I've never heard her comment about wanting a yellow car, but she commented that if she was buying one today, it would either be a yellow or Green one.

in person and sitting in one, the cars are just amazingly better. The brownstone interior is very classy and all of the colors looked good, not cheap ( IMO )
Old 08-29-2013, 05:48 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks to all that posted!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes at Carlisle Pics PLEASE !

Quick Reply: Corvettes at Carlisle Pics PLEASE !