Going back to NCRS show in 2000:Two Rotor Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 PM
HistoryBuff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going back to NCRS show in 2000:Two Rotor Corvette

Can't find a category for prototypes & concepts so I'll ask my questions here about a one off concept car. I understand that back in the year 2000 at the NCRS national convention a bloke showed the privately owned Two Rotor Corvette. I was wondering if anyone talked to him and heard his explanation of how he got the car? I heard two versions already. Also I have an old Petersen Publishing Corvette special magazine, orange-ish color on the cover, that glosses over in one paragraph the fact it had a Porsche chassis. I can't find the date on the magazine, I think those pages were missing when printed, it was published sometime in the late '70s. I was wondering if anybody else out there has a US magazine from the '70s that "outs" this car as a disguised Porsche.

Also I knew one of the designers, Kip Wasenko , but it's harder to find the other GM designer credited with the design. Anybody remember his name?

Finally there's pictures of it on the net in red with tan interior but I also see pictures of it in silver with silver interior in books so I am wondering if they changed the color on the red car or there were two made? If so, if the red one is in the UK, where's the silver one?

Thanks for any info--this car has always fascinated me.

Quick Reply: Going back to NCRS show in 2000:Two Rotor Corvette