60 For 60 Corvette Anniversary Rev-Off

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Xtreme67
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60 For 60 Corvette Anniversary Rev-Off

I'm Skip, President of the Las Vegas Corvettes Association. Several months ago I began putting together a local event to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the first Corvettes to roll off the assembly line. I'm calling it the 60 For 60 Corvette Anniversary Rev-Off to highlight the signature activity of the event... at 12 Noon PDT, all Corvettes present will fire up their engines and rev them for 60 seconds! Kinda like having our cars sing happy birthday to each other. Well, I decided to spread the word, and it's catching on across the country.

It's intended to be a simple gathering of the tribes. Here in Southern Nevada all the local Corvette clubs are gathering in various parts of the city, then parading to one of our regional parks for a car display, food/drink, games and a general gab fest. ALL Corvettes are being invited... club affiliated or not. Imagine the scene... the sounds... the memories!

So if you've got something going on Sunday, June 30th, I'm hoping you'll consider the 60 for 60 Rev-off to be one of the event's activities. If you haven't made any plans yet, it's not too late. Something as simple as a casual club gathering anywhere at all, or even a proud, lone Corvette owner stepping out into his garage at noon on that Sunday, and letting the horses roar for one little minute. (You know the neighbors have heard it before) We're talking 60 seconds of Corvette owners unified around the world, celebrating their passion!

If you're participating, please let me know where you are and what you have in mind. And also, let's all video the event and put it on Youtube, etc. for all to see...and hear!

I hope to hear from you,

Skip Kelley
President, Las Vegas Corvettes Association

Old 06-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Xtreme67
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off to the Rev-Off here in Las Vegas. So what are YOU and YOUR club doing at Noon today?

Don't forget to post your "60 for 60 Corvette Anniversary Rev-Off" videos on YouTube when it's over! Looking forward to seeing them!

Skip

Quick Reply: 60 For 60 Corvette Anniversary Rev-Off