My Cousin walking Coast To Coast to raise awareness of MS

Old 03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
shua1269
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Cousin walking Coast To Coast to raise awareness of MS

He started his journey Sunday morning at 9am. Here is my cousin's story, His name is Drew Blondeaux and is a Navy Veteran with 3 combat tours in Afghanistan. He has come across a family in need, whom he has never met. You can visit www.walkforliz.com or check my cousin out on facebook.

If Nothing else please help spread the word. Thank you.

Here is the story from my cousin.

########IMPORTANT######### Please read, like, share and comment. this is a real post by me, Drew Blondeaux. I am asking for your help. Not for me, but for a young family who has just had a huge curve ball thrown into their life. When Liz Estes was 13 years old she was diagnosed with Leukemia. She has since beaten her cancer into remission, and has started a family with her husband Jeremy. They have a 20 month old daughter named Ashley. Jeremy and Liz were both attending school and working in an attempt at improving their lives and their young daughter's life when about a month ago Liz's body was not feeling right. She was rushed to a different city where she learned that she had Multiple Sclerosis. She has now advanced to not being able to play with her daughter unless they are sat on the ground next to each other, she loses her sight throughout the day and Jeremy has had to drop his full-time student status where he was attempting to become a nurse in order to be there for his wife and child. I also want you to know that I have never met this young family, but I am going to walk across America for them. So far I have spent over $2,500 on the equipment I will need and I took the rest of my cash a total of $300 and some change and put it into a donation account I started for them. I am not asking you to do anything crazy like that, I am just asking that maybe you drink one less beer on any given night, or instead of going to the red box tonight donate that tiny bit of money to this family who needs our help. You can do that by calling your bank or going in and telling them that you would like to transfer X amount of funds to Wells Fargo account # 8872047421. Keep your receipts also because all of what you donate is tax deductible. Thank you all so much for your help and curiosity. Keep an eye out for our site walkforliz.com it will be up within the next couple of days and will provide further instructions on how you can help this young family. Thanks again for your time. Drew
Old 03-30-2013, 07:46 PM
shua1269
Instructor

Ttt
Old 04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
shua1269
Instructor

One week ago, Yesterday, Drew Blondeaux started his expedition across the United States in a Random Act of Kindness for Elizabeth Estes and her family. 140 miles, two news articles, 255 FB fans, more than 1,700 website visits, and over $1,000 donated. See www.walkforliz.com for Elizabeth's story and how Drew and Elizabeth were introduced.
Share this heart warming story of kindness with your friends, family, and coworkers by Facebook, word of mouth, smoke signals, and any other means necessary.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 AM
shua1269
Instructor

Hi all,
I am here to update on the progress of my cousin, who is walking across the United States to help raise money and awareness for MS(Multiple Sclerosis) A very needy 21 year old girl who is married and has 2 kids, beat leukemia, and was now diagnosed with MS.
My cousin is now just about 40 miles from the Nebraska border and has raised nearly $10,000. He and the needy girl need all the help and support they can get! My cousin just had a radio interview in Colorado. It’s a 9 minute interview.
http://www.walkforliz.com/#!the-news/c1qvk
Please take the time to listen to it and if you can please help spread the word. If you have the ability to donate or buy a T-shirt, any little bit helps. If you check out the map of his route and know anyone in the area, please spread the word! He has been getting a lot more news coverage and we hope to get a lot more!

Thank you all for your time!

Get notified of new replies

To My Cousin walking Coast To Coast to raise awareness of MS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Cousin walking Coast To Coast to raise awareness of MS