CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 23-25, 2013 : Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Z06RL
So if we've already registered for Fun Field, will be still be able to get in on the discount for GM?
Absolutely, please call our main office: 717-243-7855 and ask for Diane. She's aware of your calling.

Thanks!

Lance
Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by moserbe
Lance, are you offering a discount again this year when registering for both the GM Nationals and Corvettes at Carlisle events?
It's live on our website, you can now order the GM/Corvette combo - FYI.

Thanks,

Lance
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by racelance
Absolutely, please call our main office: 717-243-7855 and ask for Diane. She's aware of your calling.

Thanks!

Lance
Fantastic! Thank you.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Want to see a very special Corvette this summer? Join us to witness the Asteroid Corvette, a special '63 that was designed in part by the legendary George Barris. See this car as it was 50 years ago and see it at Carlisle!

More information can be found here: CLICK ME!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Very Cool.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

That's some serious metalflake! Can't wait to see it...........and the C7............and all the Corvettes at Carlisle!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:36 PM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

The Holiday Inn at I83 and PA Turnpike exit 242, is now a Clarion. If you have already made a reservation, I suggest you call them and double check dates as myself and a friend both had screwed up dates via a letter. Maybe it was the reservation changeover to Clarion system?
I'm moving to the Best Western Plus, 1/4 mile across the street. Approx. $311 for Thursday thru Sunday (3 nights), full hot breakfast, etc.

Last edited by jimmymack; 02-18-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 AM
c6tech
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

My son is getting married on the 24th I hope they take a lot of pictures.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by c6tech
My son is getting married on the 24th I hope they take a lot of pictures.
Congrats! We'll take plenty of pictures for you...

Life is good,

Lance
Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 PM
RPI Designs
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 102 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16 -'17

Lance, see you this year on the Midway again!

4000+ C5/C6/C7 Parts & accessories - Forum members get 10% off with SS2007 coupon at checkout

Like us on www.facebook.com/rpidesigns and you might win $100.

Our brand new C7 Corvette Z06 Style Side Skirts come painted in Carbon Flash Metallic, see them here!

email: rpi.designs.customerservice@gmail.com Web: www.rpidesigns.com
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 PM
H&R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Lance,
Has Ron Fellows ever gone to Carlisle ?? Hint Hint
Howie (Sissy)
If any one can pull that off, u can..LOL
Old 03-09-2013, 08:11 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by RPI Designs
Lance, see you this year on the Midway again!
Awesome! Thank you very much for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 03-09-2013, 08:11 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by H&R
Hey Lance,
Has Ron Fellows ever gone to Carlisle ?? Hint Hint
Howie (Sissy)
If any one can pull that off, u can..LOL
Howie-

I'll work on him...

Cheers,

Lance
Old 03-09-2013, 08:12 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

G. Gordon Libby will be attending in his C4 ZR-1 Lingenfelter Corvette - nice addition to the event.

Cheers,

Lance

Last edited by racelance; 03-09-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Jmhornz71
Drifting

Received 476 Likes on 308 Posts

Reservations made and entrance tickets bought during the holidays. Cant wait to go there it will be our first time at Carlisle. Got a good rate on a hotel too
Old 03-19-2013, 09:08 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Jmhornz71
Reservations made and entrance tickets bought during the holidays. Cant wait to go there it will be our first time at Carlisle. Got a good rate on a hotel too
Life is good!

Looking forward to having you.

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 03-26-2013, 10:01 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,578 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Hey all,

This is going to be my first Corvettes at Carlisle and I am looking forward to showing my 2012 Carlisle Blue coupe. After looking all over town for an available hotel room, I finally found a room at the America's Best Value Inn, Carlisle, PA. Does anyone know if this is decent hotel? Is my Corvette going to be safe there parked overnight? I did try to get a reservation at one of the "Bed & Breakfasts", but of course they are booked solid like nearly everything else...

Okay, obviously I get pretty worried about taking my "baby" out of town and that is why I almost never take my 'Vette to events such as this one. But how can I not take a Carlisle Blue Corvette to Carlisle at least once?..

Anyway, any feedback I can get regarding places to stay, security for my car, etc, would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks...

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 23-25, 2013 : Official Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverblue
Hey all,

This is going to be my first Corvettes at Carlisle and I am looking forward to showing my 2012 Carlisle Blue coupe. After looking all over town for an available hotel room, I finally found a room at the America's Best Value Inn, Carlisle, PA. Does anyone know if this is decent hotel? Is my Corvette going to be safe there parked overnight? I did try to get a reservation at one of the "Bed & Breakfasts", but of course they are booked solid like nearly everything else...

Okay, obviously I get pretty worried about taking my "baby" out of town and that is why I almost never take my 'Vette to events such as this one. But how can I not take a Carlisle Blue Corvette to Carlisle at least once?..

Anyway, any feedback I can get regarding places to stay, security for my car, etc, would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks...
If there's any place that is safe for Corvettes, it's Corvettes at Carlisle! Every hotel parking lot is full of Corvettes. We have been attending for 15 years and have never had an issue at all.

You have a Corvette...start participating in some of the events and shows that are held in your area and beyond. What is the fun of having one if you just cruise around your own town??

I don't know about America's Best Value, but I'm sure someone will jump in about that one.

You've got a room, and I hope you've already registered for the Fun Field, so settle down and start reading all about Corvette at Carlisle. It is a MUST event for every Corvette owner at least once in their life...and, like my husband and me, it's a must every single year!!

Elaine
Old 03-27-2013, 05:31 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,578 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by GS Diva
If there's any place that is safe for Corvettes, it's Corvettes at Carlisle! Every hotel parking lot is full of Corvettes. We have been attending for 15 years and have never had an issue at all.

You have a Corvette...start participating in some of the events and shows that are held in your area and beyond. What is the fun of having one if you just cruise around your own town??

I don't know about America's Best Value, but I'm sure someone will jump in about that one.

You've got a room, and I hope you've already registered for the Fun Field, so settle down and start reading all about Corvette at Carlisle. It is a MUST event for every Corvette owner at least once in their life...and, like my husband and me, it's a must every single year!!

Elaine
Elaine,

Thanks for the reassurance. Just so happens there was a cancellation at one of the local Bed & Breakfasts, so I was able to jump on it (They even have a place I can handwash my 'Vette before I take it out to the field). I own a Carlisle Blue coupe, so I called in to get my free admission and was assured a package with all the stuff I need would be coming in the mail. My wife has agreed to come along, but I think she is a bit unsure of the whole thing. She made me promise not to speed on the way there (not much anyway) and I don't think that she believes she is going to have a good time. I am pretty sure she will change her mind when she gets there. Can't wait..
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverblue
Elaine,

Thanks for the reassurance. Just so happens there was a cancellation at one of the local Bed & Breakfasts, so I was able to jump on it (They even have a place I can handwash my 'Vette before I take it out to the field). I own a Carlisle Blue coupe, so I called in to get my free admission and was assured a package with all the stuff I need would be coming in the mail. My wife has agreed to come along, but I think she is a bit unsure of the whole thing. She made me promise not to speed on the way there (not much anyway) and I don't think that she believes she is going to have a good time. I am pretty sure she will change her mind when she gets there. Can't wait..
I also hope your wife enjoys herself, but it's not always cut out for the women unless they are real Corvette lovers. A couple of facts that she (and you) need to know. First, it will more than likely be hot and humid with no A/C anywhere on the field except inside your Corvette. Secondly, we will probably have precipitation of some kind. Thirdly, it can be dusty and dirty. Given all those negatives, I wouldn't miss it for the world! Bring a couple of folding chairs, umbrellas, sun screen, lots of water, lots of money and comfortable walking shoes. They do have some events and seminars for the ladies that she might enjoy. Keep reading about Corvettes at Carlisle and pick up on the many hints that folks will give you.

Elaine

Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 23-25, 2013 : Official Thread