CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 27-29, 2010 - Registration open -->

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Jim Martley2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
Jim,
Did she say to take the Turnpike by Clarks Sumimt, or is the problem closer to Carlilse?
She was about 100 miles outside of Carlisle when I called her. I believe she said she was on I-81 in stopped/stop & go traffic for about 45 minutes. She said that traffic was starting to move faster and that she was up to 70. I told her to hang up and drive!! Just the "normal" I-81 construction slow down.

Jim
Old 08-25-2010, 04:06 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 728 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticcatmatt
$14 per person per day to walk around? $10 per day to park your car in the grounds for people to look at?

Sounds like the perfect way to weed out the "wanna be's".
Old 08-25-2010, 04:08 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6spdC6
Now that you mention it I really hate that, perhaps after 14 years I should stay home and twiddle my thumbs.

Not only that it cost a lot in gas to get here and go back home, and then you got to pay for motel and food.

The Prius forum is looking for people like you!
You only live once. To me its worth the money. If its not for you - then its simple don't go. One hell of a show!!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:20 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by LOUSVETTE
You only live once. To me its worth the money. If its not for you - then its simple don't go. One hell of a show!!!!

All packed as I type this. Leaving way upstate NY around 10 tomorrow morning. Depending on 81s usual holdups should arrive around 5.

Everyone have a safe nice drive.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Tims94
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question:

Can you come into the showfield Thursday night and set up your canopy or do gates open Friday period. I willl be there at 5:45 either way but would be nice to set up the canopy Thursday night.

Also, We have always stayed in Gettysburg but this year we will be staying in Chambersburg. Does anyone know the exit number to get off for Carlisle? I know there is a Home Depot right there at the exit.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 08-26-2010, 12:37 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 728 Likes on 463 Posts

As long as you have your showfield sticker on your windshield you can enter the fairgrounds 24 hours a day. We set up on Thursday too.

We're staying in Chambersburg too. Normally we get off 81 at exit 44, up 465N to 11 and take 11 E into the fairgrounds, but I understand there is construction at that exit so there could be some tie ups. Lance suggested getting off at exit 47/Hanover St exit and take that straight into the grounds.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:13 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by AntonioZ06
Lance,

I have an unfortunate question. My vette had an issue pop up this week . I had purchased a weekend fun field pass and was wondering if I could still park in the "vette only" fun field area with my daily driver. It saddens me, but unless my engine builder calls me with some miracle news, looks like the vette will be missing my first carlisle year

Thanks
Antonio
Antonio-

I shot you a PM - hope you & your Corvette can make it!

Cheers,

Lance
Old 08-26-2010, 06:21 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

$14 per person per day to walk around? $10 per day to park your car in the grounds for people to look at?

Arcticcatmatt-

I say the same thing to my wife at times when we go to the movies... Sometimes I sit through it and am blown away by the movie and wouldn't ever think about the money spent. Other times I wonder why we spent a dollar to see it, however I do understand good, bad or indifferent the movie costs money to produce - there's always a risk in any business. But you can be rest assured you have my personal commitment at producing the best Corvette event in the country. My goal is to ensure everyone that enters our facility get the best experience for their money & hopefully with this said, someone WILL end up winning a 2003 Corvette Z06 at 3pm on Sunday - but hey... if you don't attend, you'll never know

On a very serious note, if you do indeed decide to attend and "walk around" and don't have a good time please email me and let me know how we can improve your experience: lancem@carlisleevents.com. I hope to see you at the event; if not... have a great weekend at whatever you decide doing.

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 08-26-2010, 06:25 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Tims94
Question:

Can you come into the showfield Thursday night and set up your canopy or do gates open Friday period. I willl be there at 5:45 either way but would be nice to set up the canopy Thursday night.

Also, We have always stayed in Gettysburg but this year we will be staying in Chambersburg. Does anyone know the exit number to get off for Carlisle? I know there is a Home Depot right there at the exit.

Thanks,

Tim
You're good to go... although I ask people don't "reserve" their spaces on the Fun Field - first come first serve to provide a fair playing field. However people tend to do it anyway. I always tell my parkers - fill the space as need be. With this said - if you have your fun field sticker you can certainly enter the gates at will 24/7.

Looking forward to a BEAUTIFUL & SUNNY Corvette weekend!

Life is good,

Lance
Old 08-26-2010, 07:34 AM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Can't wait to get there on Saturday AM... we're leaving the Pittsburgh area EARLY that morning so we should be there by 8 I think. GREAT Weather in store for everyone!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
69mako
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Well put Lance-

Originally Posted by racelance
Arcticcatmatt-

I say the same thing to my wife at times when we go to the movies... Sometimes I sit through it and am blown away by the movie and wouldn't ever think about the money spent. Other times I wonder why we spent a dollar to see it, however I do understand good, bad or indifferent the movie costs money to produce - there's always a risk in any business. But you can be rest assured you have my personal commitment at producing the best Corvette event in the country. My goal is to ensure everyone that enters our facility get the best experience for their money & hopefully with this said, someone WILL end up winning a 2003 Corvette Z06 at 3pm on Sunday - but hey... if you don't attend, you'll never know

On a very serious note, if you do indeed decide to attend and "walk around" and don't have a good time please email me and let me know how we can improve your experience: lancem@carlisleevents.com. I hope to see you at the event; if not... have a great weekend at whatever you decide doing.

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 08-26-2010, 11:19 AM
arcticcatmatt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racelance
Arcticcatmatt-

Sincerely,

Lance
My group and I have been going to carlisle since 1993ish sleeping in tents every year. Two years ago we quit going. I am not bashing you, carlisle, or anyone that goes there by any means. I am just relaying the message that our circle of people that always used to go doesn't go anymore because (These are all just an FYI) A. Camping is gone- B. Price- C. Waaaay too many almost new vettes (not our personal preference).
Heck I remember camping up by the bathrooms/showers long ago.
Nobody needs to dive bomb me, we are all in different situations and all love the same vehicle

I know you encourage feedback Lance and that is a good thing.. the bad thing is when someone gives it they get lectured by the gang. So anyone reading this that has "feedback" should really email you and not post up.

Great luck wished to you and all at the show

Last edited by arcticcatmatt; 08-26-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:11 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

My group and I have been going to carlisle since 1993ish sleeping in tents every year. Two years ago we quit going. I am not bashing you, carlisle, or anyone that goes there by any means. I am just relaying the message that our circle of people that always used to go doesn't go anymore because (These are all just an FYI) A. Camping is gone- B. Price- C. Waaaay too many almost new vettes (not our personal preference).
Heck I remember camping up by the bathrooms/showers long ago.
Nobody needs to dive bomb me, we are all in different situations and all love the same vehicle

I know you encourage feedback Lance and that is a good thing.. the bad thing is when someone gives it they get lectured by the gang. So anyone reading this that has "feedback" should really email you and not post up.

Great luck wished to you and all at the show
Life is good! Thanks for replying...

I also hope to see you sometime soon (hopefully at one of our events!). That was a while back, the event has grown through the years, we currently don't have room for camping on-grounds. With this said we DO have camping available right across the street by Gate 1 - it's a beautiful setting and works nicely for our events. We're thrilled to have this addition for the first time this year and plenty of years to follow. The '60 reunion has over 30 entered - a beautiful display! The NCRS Gallery is breathtaking and there's the Solid Axle Corvette Club that brings plenty of incredible cars & of course the 63-67' registry will have a special "fan" display this year. There will be plenty of incredible Corvettes to look at of all generations. Sorry... I don't want to make this completely turn into a sales pitch, but I guess it did

Hope to see you return to Corvettes at Carlisle sometime in the future. If not, perhaps I'll see you at another event...

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 PM
4THTOY
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lance, Friday's weather great, overall first day was super, one downside was goodie bag pick up, it's a real mess, here's some suggestions, break the names up into more than 2, try 4 groups, use more people, three people trying to process more than 1,000+ people dosn't work, I only stood in line for 20 minutes and that was at 715AM, I saw some stand in line a lot longer,
Old 08-27-2010, 08:29 PM
G00SEiv
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to get a goody bag around 6:30pm (i got in a little late today), but it was closed.. Schedule says it was supposed to be open until 7pm today... What happened?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:40 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looked to me the the goody bag line died down after the initial morning rush (which lasted until after noon) Maybe it was so long because it seems like today was more crowded then any Fridays I've been to in the past. Just my 2 cents
Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 3rdtoy
Lance, Friday's weather great, overall first day was super, one downside was goodie bag pick up, it's a real mess, here's some suggestions, break the names up into more than 2, try 4 groups, use more people, three people trying to process more than 1,000+ people dosn't work, I only stood in line for 20 minutes and that was at 715AM, I saw some stand in line a lot longer,
No doubt, the weather was (and still is!) amazing. This is a first year we've used the "Goody Bag Garage" and I personally feel it's a real winner. Thank you very much for your recommendation regarding breaking it up into 4 lines. That's how we improve - feedback, feedback, feedback. I appreciate your taking the time to provide it.

Sincerely,

Lance

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 27-29, 2010 - Registration open -->

Old 08-28-2010, 08:47 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by G00SEiv
I tried to get a goody bag around 6:30pm (i got in a little late today), but it was closed.. Schedule says it was supposed to be open until 7pm today... What happened?
It was supposed to be open until 7pm. I was unaware it was closed early, thanks for the heads up. I'll find out why it shut down early and make sure it doesn't occur again. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 08-28-2010, 08:49 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by LOUSVETTE
It looked to me the the goody bag line died down after the initial morning rush (which lasted until after noon) Maybe it was so long because it seems like today was more crowded then any Fridays I've been to in the past. Just my 2 cents
It was crowded! The weather really was on our side this year (we were due!). I can't get over how beautiful it is outside right now. Absolutely amazing for August!

Life is good,

Lance
Old 08-28-2010, 08:53 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 27-29, 2010 - Registration open -->