Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

38th Annual vettes on the Rockies

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:27 AM
729GKU
Heel & Toe

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 38th Annual vettes on the Rockies

It is that time of year again. Vettes on the Rockies is August 4th - 7th this year, again in Breckenridge, CO.

Visit the Looking Glass Corvette Association website http://www.lgcacorvette.org/ for registration information. Pricing has been reduced this year for both the full registration and the Sunday Only package. For those of you who would like to participate in the autocross on Saturday but do not want to pay the full registration to do so we now offer a autocross only package. Check it out! On-line registration closes in early July!

See you in the Rockies!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 AM
729GKU
Heel & Toe

On-line registration for this years event will close July 16th. You will still be able download a registration form to mail in, or register at the event at the Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Cobotr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have not attended the "Vettes on the Rockies" event before as we are relatively new to Vette ownership. We want to come up on Sunday (have to work all the others) to view all the other Vettes/owners and wouldn't mind being a part of the overall experience but are not interested in competing in some beauty contest. The Sunday Show 'N Shine, is that a competitive beauty contest or is it more of a display lineup for the great poster shots that we see?

Does the Sunday registration fee put you in a contest or just allow you to be a part of the photo op? If we come up but don't pay a registration fee, do we park on the side streets? Are the Vettes in the poster shots only in the shot because they are in the Show 'N Shine ? or is it all vettes line the street and only those registered for the Show 'N Shine are being judged?

Sorry if these seems like dumb questions but as I said this would be our first and would like to come up with some idea of what we're doing.

Sundays' event starts at 9:00a.m., main street Frisco is that correct?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
69mussl
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11
Default Vettes on the Rockies

I'll try to answer your questions ...
Last year was my first year to attend the event. I was a judge last year and will again be a judge this year. Last year I was between Corvettes and didn't have a Corvette for the show. This year I have a 2007 that is registered for the modified class.

The show and shine registration permits you to park on Frisco's main street. Without a car registration form, that is placed in the front window and that you receive as part of registration, you're not permitted to park on main street.

Cars are parked diagonally along main street. The center of main street is reserved for Looking Glass Corvette Club member cars. The poster shots you mention are of those cars parked on main street, which are registered for the show. One can register their car, park it on main street, but not have it judged. Unless the hood is up, the car is not judged. Last year as a judge, I noticed several cars with hoods closed. Spoke to one owner who wanted her car to be part of the show, but not to be judged. The hood of her car was closed.

There is plenty of off main street parking available.

It's a fun event (all of it, not just the show). Frisco is a great location for the show. Hope you decide to make the trip. It's great to see and share so many beautiful Corvettes.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:17 PM
34RedRage
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why register, just show up and enjoy the show. that what i do....
Old 07-25-2011, 08:48 PM
729GKU
Heel & Toe

69mussl got it right. If you want to park on Main Street you have to be registered. If all you want to do is the Show-N-Shine the cost is $25 and you can register at the event. Parking starts at 7:00 AM and ends at 9:00 AM. The cars at the first block of the photo are those that lined up early, and volunteers who show up at 6:00 AM to set things up. The cars in the very front are invited, or are guests who come to the event with a special car such as the GTR and GT2 that were in front of the line up last year. This year the 50th AE is the feature car and the front row will be all 50th AE's.

Lots of folks drive their vette up on Sunday and park on the side streets and walk through those parked on Main Street. However you do it I am sure you will enjoy the Sunday show. It is a neat sight to see 300 Vettes on Frisco's Main Street.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Cobotr
Intermediate

Thanks for the great answers and information. It tells me all I needed to know and I'll plan accordingly. It's always fun to look at other vettes and to admire what others have done to their rides.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:07 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

i was talking to a few members in my corvette club..and they were saying that the vettes on the rockies could be coming to a end in the next few years? any truth to that?
Old 07-29-2011, 09:45 PM
729GKU
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by momo20
i was talking to a few members in my corvette club..and they were saying that the vettes on the rockies could be coming to a end in the next few years? any truth to that?
Probably not coming to an end because of the national following the event has generated but it definitely is going to change. One of the biggest complaints from folks the past three years is that the event has become stale and is always the same. The other complaint, especially from Front Range vette owners is the cost.

One thing is for sure and that this is the last year for Vettes on the Rockies in Summit County. We are currently working on a contract to move the event to Winter Park Resort for 2012 and 2013, and if things work out the way it appears they will we will be in that venue for several years.

Look for information on the new Vettes on the Rockies this fall on our website http://www.lgcacorvette.org/ after this years event has been put to rest. We are pretty excited about the opportunities to re-invent the event at the Winter Park Resort.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Imola2001
Racer

Received 420 Likes on 113 Posts

I will be there Friday and Saturday
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

soo whats going on saturday? i am up here ...but not sure where to go to meet anyone?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Nothertoy
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by momo20
soo whats going on saturday? i am up here ...but not sure where to go to meet anyone?
Check at Looking Glass headquarters at Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge. They will have a table set up in the lobby.
I will be going up for the show.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:39 AM
colanut
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My wife and I were parked in the Rockies Nat. Park today and saw 6 or 8 of you drive buy. We were in our black C6Z. Did I say I hate chip/seal. They should fix the roads in the winter when it's snowing.
Mike

Last edited by colanut; 08-12-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Imola2001
Racer

Received 420 Likes on 113 Posts

I had a great time & was there Sunday as well

On display up at Beaver Run:

Lots of Vettes lined the streets:

Driving around Breck:

Old 08-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 794 Likes on 538 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Spent the day up there on Sunday, loads of fun, same as last year. It is moving to Winterpark next year...see you there!

Get notified of new replies

To 38th Annual vettes on the Rockies

Quick Reply: 38th Annual vettes on the Rockies