Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

July 4th proposal

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 03:31 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default July 4th proposal

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=205167
Old 12-23-2001, 05:28 PM
Husker Vette
Le Mans Master

Default Re: July 4th proposal (AlwaysWave)

This is a great opportunity for everyone to get involved, and show our country how we feel.....

Read the thread on this.....
Old 12-24-2001, 02:54 PM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

If the route makes it to I-80 anywhere from Lincoln to Des Monies, I'll participate.
Old 01-05-2002, 07:33 AM
Husker Vette
Le Mans Master

Currently from what I have seen, there have only been 4 people from Colorado, and two from Nebraska that have signed up to participate in the stars and stripes across america.....

This is a great opportunity for us to show what we as Corvette owners are all about........

Help us out - the more people we have involved the better it will be.......

Just click on the link above for more information.......

Right now it looks like the route will go through Colorado and Nebraska, and then cut back to Oklahoma city......... There is plenty of opportunity to participate...... Just let us know.......
Old 01-12-2002, 11:03 PM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: July 4th proposal (JJU)

JJU and Husker Vette,

If the route that goes through your area does not work out for you guys, maybe you guys could start the Minnesota route in your areas and bring it to Des Moines and I'll take it from there to Minnesota.

Let me know if that could work out.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=217074
Old 01-13-2002, 11:52 AM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: July 4th proposal (Rich's75)

I'm going to be pretty busy this year organizing events for the car club. I was hoping to just be a participant this time around.

If we could get a Minneapolis person to deliver the flag to you and then you take it to a location somewhere on I-80 or in Des Moines, I or Husker Vette can pick it up closer to Omaha and get it to Lincoln to follow the latest route on the map down to Oklahoma City. I suppose going east to Chicago could be another possibility starting from the Sioux Falls or Sioux City members.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get a few more people before February.
Old 01-13-2002, 10:44 PM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the offer, JJU.

I was in contact with Husker Vette and he stated that the flag coming from Colorado will get to Omaha and he is going to participate in that route. If you want to contact him, you can participate in that route, or I would be glad to have you start the Northern Flag in Omaha, bring it to up to me- just yourself, or others join in here- and I'll take it up to Minnesota - RBVette said he is willing to meet me and take it from there for a while, and others then on to Chicago via Wisconsin( others please join in here).

If anybody wants to make an addition, please let me know. I am willing to do all the organizing for this extension to make more people fit in.

Sorry, if I am stepping on any toes here by trying to help out, but the WTC event is VERY personal to me- I have been a Professional Firefighter for the past 18 years and have a deep devotion for the 300+ Fallen Brothers and Sisters lost in the WTC disaster.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:42 PM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

I will contact Husker Vette via EMAIL. I would like to participate in that route as opposed to starting a new route. :yesnod:

I would be glad to split the route up going east to Omaha possibly starting in Lincoln or taking the handoff in Omaha to go east on I-80 or south on I-29. I would prefer NOT to go all the way to Kansas City if the direction is south out of Omaha. That is about a 3 hour drive one way. Somewhere around the Missouri border would be acceptable.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:10 PM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

No problem, Jack.
If you can get in with that group for a shorter trip, that sounds like it would work out better for you.

Keep me in mind though if you, or anybody else that way, would want to start a flag over there and I would meet you (them) in Des Moines, or Carroll, IA., or where ever and take it up to Minnesota (anybody North of Omaha and I can include them before you, or them straght to me if your out-I'm in Northwest IA.).
I will do all the organizing for the route. Just need peolpe to speak up and join in. Drive for ten minutes or ten hours- your choice.

I will probably go along all the way to Bowling Green ( always wanted to go there, now I got an excuse) to fill in where we need drivers.

Just keep me posted later on.

Thanks again
Rich

[Modified by Rich's75, 7:12 PM 1/14/2002]
Old 01-18-2002, 03:16 AM
robiferretti
Drifting

:cheers:
Old 01-18-2002, 05:28 AM
C5_PIG
Melting Slicks

Default Re: July 4th proposal (robiferretti)

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To July 4th proposal

Quick Reply: July 4th proposal