Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 03:47 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats

Ken or Parts Bob I need your help, and so far I'm not having any luck.

I want to upgrade my interior from all black to some form of a modified Torch Red combo. I want to start with the seats. In addition to Sport Seat covers I'm told the seat frames are all the same and all I'd need to convert to RPO AQ9 seats are new pieces of cushion foam.

Can you assemble all the necessary internal foam piece to allow me to rebuild my seats into Sport Seats. I'm not interested in the bladders etc. In addition can you include the cost of a set of OEM Sport Seat covers?

I'm sure there are many folks with base seats (Z06 owners will jump on this I bet) that would love to do this mod and replace their old worn hides with something new and better looking. For me I'm going Torch Red, with my Arctic White body I'll have the classic color combination of all time.

If you could assemble a kit, I bet they would fly off the shelves and worth the time it would take to do the research. I have a parts manual and I believe I have all the required part numbers. If you want I can provide them, I'm just not sure I'm 100% correct and ready to order stuff w/o an experts sanity check.

Tom

Old 02-16-2004, 10:50 PM
CorvettePartsBob
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats (AFVETTE)

Tom,

Your are correct, the frames are the same. You need the three foam pads for each seat and the new covers. We have sold many sets of the foam and covers, and the actual change is not that difficult. Email me at parts@fichtnerchevrolet.com and I will get you the complete breakdown with prices. Or if you wish give me a call whichever you prefer. I am also sending you an IM.

Bob :chevy :flag
Old 02-17-2004, 06:57 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Default Re: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats (AFVETTE)

I responded to your IM. But just in case here's my e-mail tomjacques@charter.net

Can't wait to get going on this project. My dream since I bought my Arctic White coupe has been to upgrade the seats to the Sports and add some spice by changing the all black interior to Torch Red.

Tom
Old 02-19-2004, 05:42 AM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats

I'm interested in turning my Z06 seats into sport seats. How about listing some prices to do this.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats (Shylor)

I will advise Robert to do the following this week:

Post an ALL NEW newsletter that will include:
1) NEW Weekly specials
2) A NEW seat option section:
a) A complete package to change the standard Coupe/Convertible seats to sport seats
b) A complete package to change the standard Z06 seats to sport seats
Said package to include the foam and leather covering with a separate listing of the bladders/pumps/motors to add power and lumbar.

Ken Fichtner
Old 02-19-2004, 07:44 PM
CorvettePartsBob
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats (Shylor)

This is Bob,

Shylor I sent you an IM and will get the info to you.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats (CorvettePartsBob)

Bob,
We will all look forward to your posting of the following this week

Post an ALL NEW newsletter that will include:
1) NEW Weekly specials
2) A NEW seat option section:
a) A complete package to change the standard Coupe/Convertible seats to sport seats
b) A complete package to change the standard Z06 seats to sport seats
Said package to include the foam and leather covering with a separate listing of the bladders/pumps/motors to add power and lumbar.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:39 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Bob, thanks for putting together my order. I can't wait to get it and get started.

You be the first to get some before, during and after photo's.

You folks sure know how to take care of your customers. More like family.

Tom
USAF Retired
Old 02-24-2004, 04:15 PM
JakeL
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

e-mail sent on the cover and cushion Part numbers :)

Thanks!

-Jake
Old 02-26-2004, 02:43 AM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats

Bob, I'm still waiting.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:45 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Hey Bob,
Someone here is needing you and it looks like guys are waiting for your special package promo!
Ken
Old 02-26-2004, 01:52 PM
CorvettePartsBob
Melting Slicks

This is Bob, I will also send another IM to you. I need to know the year and color as the prices vary depending on both. This is not a cut and dry conversion. You can call me at 406-628-4618 or email me at parts@fichtnerchevrolet.com
I am working on about 4 different sets for people now, three of the four come out a different price. This is because GM does not use straight across the board pricing.

Bob :flag
Old 02-27-2004, 05:27 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Bob thanks for letting me know my parts have shipped. You have one anxious puppy waiting for the box.

Off all my mods this one has me the most excited. My car is going to POP and folks are going to drop in their tracks.

Ken and Bob your gonna make a lot of vette owners very happy, I am.

Cheers

Tom

Old 02-27-2004, 06:52 PM
CorvettePartsBob
Melting Slicks

Tom,

I'm glad you are happy! I would love to see a picture when you are done. Have a great weekend!

Old 03-02-2004, 08:42 PM
BA2
Pro

Default Re: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats (CorvettePartsBob)

Bob,

I have been watching this thread. I too am interested in changing my seats. Can you e-mail me the info. I have a 1998 coupe with black interior. I could actually handle torch red seats.

Thanks.

e-mail address is nhodgson@earthlink.net
Old 03-03-2004, 12:15 PM
CorvettePartsBob
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats (BA2)

I'm sending you an IM as I have a couple of questions for you. If you don't get it email me at parts@fichtnerchevrolet.com or call me at 406-628-4618

Old 03-05-2004, 08:00 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Bob, your seat covers arrived yesterday. Weather permitting I tackle the project this weekend.

Any word on the floor mats? Also I want to go to the next level with this project, can you price out the following parts and send me an e-mail at tomjacques@charter.net

Both door panels in Torch Red mod (black upper, red lower)
Glove box door in Torch Red
Drivers knee pad in Torch Red

Tom

[Modified by AFVETTE, 9:08 AM 3/5/2004]
Old 03-05-2004, 07:41 PM
CorvettePartsBob
Melting Slicks

Tom,

Your mats shipped out today! We will give you a call on the door panels and bolster and glove box. We have sold quite a few of them, and they look great !

Get notified of new replies

To Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats

Quick Reply: Ken or Parts Bob - Need parts required to upgrade base seats to Sport Seats