Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first American car and what a car it is

Old 04-20-2014, 07:33 PM
SavageLand
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My first American car and what a car it is

I have a pretty long history with cars , I have shot documentaries, created sound for race video games (Anyone played NASCAR, Need for Speed Underground or Pro Street?) , and photograph for automotive events and recently RM auctions. I have owned some fun cars from Toyota, Honda, Mazda & BMW. So after a two year hiatus from owning a sports car I started searching for the biggest bang for the buck. I originally was after a Lotus Elise but out of curiosity did some research on Corvettes as it was my favorite car as a kid (those early 70’s Corvettes wow!) I was highly impressed with the communities, reviews and support for these automobiles.

A long story short after many months I finally found a 2001 C5 that just stopped me in my tracks while in Daytona Florida; A beautiful red interior/exterior, low mileage, garage queen. I took the leap of faith and I have to say in the month or so I have owned this C5 I have become more and more impressed with it. The wide stance, the 70’s throwback fender humps, the interior layout, the power, the handling…it feels like so many great cars rolled into one.

Driving the C5 with the roof off on a curvy road is just heaven …I am blown away. After all these years lost in import cars…it was the Corvette, the car that started my interest in cars as a kid that won me over. I am very excited to be here.

In talking a good friend of mine who is a long time automotive journalist…he said I indeed found the biggest bang for the buck, in all his years writing the Corvette has always been on his favorite list.

Here she is:
Attached Images    

Last edited by SavageLand; 04-24-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:42 PM
2010BlueGS
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum from So Cal !!!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:11 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats and welcome aboard!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Eric ray
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, nice pics!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 05:47 PM
427 Pilot
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to CF
Old 04-22-2014, 07:25 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Congratulations and welcome!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 AM
SavageLand
Advanced

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:35 AM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrats on the 2001 C5! I have had a yellow '01. It was awesome! Now that you have a C5, the Corvette will grow on you and will want to get multiple Vettes. I have had every generation except for C4,6-7. I have had plenty of classics, but have sold plenty just to keep the Vettes in my garage. Nothing like a Vette! Glad you found what you were longing for!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:26 PM
ManuelCarrillo3
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OPTIMA Presents Corvette of the Week: Red C5 in the Right Light

"SavageLand", the owner of this Corvette of the Week, knows how to photograph automobiles. The guy has shot documentaries, and he has also photographed for RM Auctions. Up until now, he's owned cars manufactured outside of the United States. This 2001 Chevrolet Corvette is his ticket into the American car market, and I highly rate the quality of his ticket choice.

The C5 Corvette offers the best bang for the buck of any car out there. It's fast, comfortable and it has relatively modern technology, all for about $18,000. If I had to choose between spending 18 large on a brand-new Chevy Cruze, or the same amount on a 13-year-old Corvette, nine times out of 10, I would choose the Corvette. If choosing the Cruze meant the end to being given a swirly, then that would mark the one time out of 10 I'd choose the Cruze.

More on the Corvette Forum blog.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:34 PM
SavageLand
Advanced

Wow, what a wonderful surprise; thank you so much!

I have been having an absolute blast with the Corvette C5 in the few months I have owned it.

The things I like most about it:
  • So far very easy to work on (thanks largely to the info on this forum)
  • Corvette owners always wave on the road
  • My kid loves being the only one getting dropped off in a Corvette at school (in a sea of minivans)
  • There is no day so bad that a cruise down a curvy road with the roof off can't make me smile.
  • Parking attendants actually treat me good and offer nice spots
  • Basting by German cars on the highway and saying "Yep, and a quarter the price!"

A Corvette is not a car...it's an experience.

Thank again for the feature, that made my whole week.

Originally Posted by ManuelCarrillo3

"SavageLand", the owner of this Corvette of the Week, knows how to photograph automobiles. The guy has shot documentaries, and he has also photographed for RM Auctions. Up until now, he's owned cars manufactured outside of the United States. This 2001 Chevrolet Corvette is his ticket into the American car market, and I highly rate the quality of his ticket choice.

The C5 Corvette offers the best bang for the buck of any car out there. It's fast, comfortable and it has relatively modern technology, all for about $18,000. If I had to choose between spending 18 large on a brand-new Chevy Cruze, or the same amount on a 13-year-old Corvette, nine times out of 10, I would choose the Corvette. If choosing the Cruze meant the end to being given a swirly, then that would mark the one time out of 10 I'd choose the Cruze.

More on the Corvette Forum blog.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:21 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Your c5 is stunning and truly a wonderful corvette to own.

I loved both my 1999 torch red z51 coupe and my c5 z06.

I miss them both as they were truly great sports cars.

Thanks for posting up such beautiful photos that highlight the c5 design attributes so well.

Get notified of new replies

To My first American car and what a car it is

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My first American car and what a car it is