Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my Dream Car!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Recon_Joe
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Finally got my Dream Car!

Hello All. Recon Joe here. I just joined the forums for a very good reason ... I just obtained my dream car and want to stayed plugged inas much as possible. That's right my 1998 Torch Red Vert with Black interior has been my desire since they hit the streets. I have also loved Vettes and growing up I remember seeing '77 and '78 C3's and dreaming of owning a Vette when I got big. As the years when on and I began to drive my dad and I looked for my first car. Vettes were a bit more then we could afford so we opt'ed for a '66 Stang Coupe that we pulled from a junkyard. We actually pulled three out of two seperate yards and went to work rebulding one. Back then it was a bit harder because you couldn't troll the internet for parts or use forums like this one to figure out how to do something. You ordered your Chiltons, your shop manuals and any other reference material you could get your hands on. You searched junkyards and talk to machanics and most of the things you did were trial and error. It taught me a lot about cars. It also gave me and my father a great deal of true quality time together which I have cherished my whole life since. I loved my car so much that years later I bought another '66 coupe and have been working on it with my son. I did (still do as a matter of fact) love that Mustang, but my heart never stopped yarning for that Vette. I was not a big fan of the C4's, but in 1997 when the C5 was introduced my heart stopped and a year later when the C5 Verts hit the streets I just had to have one. Problem was, back then, I could not afford the $50K it took to have one. So I just surrendered my desire to a dream that may never come true. Well fast forward to present day and I find myself in a much better position. I can afford a Vette as a toy for me and my wife. It's a luxury and we debated the issue for quite a while. There are much more practical things to spend; now $85K, on then a third vehicle. Impracticallity won out ... mainly because we aren't getting any younger and if we are going to own such a toy; we want to be able to enjoy it. So out I went in search of my dream car. I looked at the C6's and drove them and debated what I really wanted. Everytime I was close to a decision something stopped me. As I reflected as to why I could not commit I realized ... the C6 did not fulfill my dream. I wanted that Tourch Red 1998 Corvette Convertible with Black Interior that I first saw all those years ago. So that's when my search turned from a new C6 to finding my dream car. And I found her. She was at Corvette World in Dallas, Texas. She had 30K miles on her and she looked like she had just rolled of the line in Bowling Green. I went up and took her for a test drive and fell in love all over again. There was no doublt, no hesitation ... everything felt right this time. My wife laughs and says that she can deal with this mistress coming into our life after all these years.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:42 AM
kedwin
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,508 Likes on 820 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Welcome to the Forum!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Congratulations! Welcome and nice intro too.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Eric ray
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and congrats.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:02 PM
427 Pilot
Safety Car

Welcome to CF
Old 02-17-2014, 04:54 PM
jimsragtop
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 13 Posts
Default hello

Congrats on your Vette!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:27 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

welcome to the forum!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 AM
guappy
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum
Old 02-19-2014, 01:16 AM
2010BlueGS
Melting Slicks

Welcome to the forum from So Cal !!!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 685 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Recon_Joe
Hello All. Recon Joe here. I just joined the forums for a very good reason ... I just obtained my dream car and want to stayed plugged inas much as possible. That's right my 1998 Torch Red Vert with Black interior has been my desire since they hit the streets. I have also loved Vettes and growing up I remember seeing '77 and '78 C3's and dreaming of owning a Vette when I got big. As the years when on and I began to drive my dad and I looked for my first car. Vettes were a bit more then we could afford so we opt'ed for a '66 Stang Coupe that we pulled from a junkyard. We actually pulled three out of two seperate yards and went to work rebulding one. Back then it was a bit harder because you couldn't troll the internet for parts or use forums like this one to figure out how to do something. You ordered your Chiltons, your shop manuals and any other reference material you could get your hands on. You searched junkyards and talk to machanics and most of the things you did were trial and error. It taught me a lot about cars. It also gave me and my father a great deal of true quality time together which I have cherished my whole life since. I loved my car so much that years later I bought another '66 coupe and have been working on it with my son. I did (still do as a matter of fact) love that Mustang, but my heart never stopped yarning for that Vette. I was not a big fan of the C4's, but in 1997 when the C5 was introduced my heart stopped and a year later when the C5 Verts hit the streets I just had to have one. Problem was, back then, I could not afford the $50K it took to have one. So I just surrendered my desire to a dream that may never come true. Well fast forward to present day and I find myself in a much better position. I can afford a Vette as a toy for me and my wife. It's a luxury and we debated the issue for quite a while. There are much more practical things to spend; now $85K, on then a third vehicle. Impracticallity won out ... mainly because we aren't getting any younger and if we are going to own such a toy; we want to be able to enjoy it. So out I went in search of my dream car. I looked at the C6's and drove them and debated what I really wanted. Everytime I was close to a decision something stopped me. As I reflected as to why I could not commit I realized ... the C6 did not fulfill my dream. I wanted that Tourch Red 1998 Corvette Convertible with Black Interior that I first saw all those years ago. So that's when my search turned from a new C6 to finding my dream car. And I found her. She was at Corvette World in Dallas, Texas. She had 30K miles on her and she looked like she had just rolled of the line in Bowling Green. I went up and took her for a test drive and fell in love all over again. There was no doublt, no hesitation ... everything felt right this time. My wife laughs and says that she can deal with this mistress coming into our life after all these years.
Joe,

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your 'Vette .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To Finally got my Dream Car!

Quick Reply: Finally got my Dream Car!