Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me GS in Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 03:59 PM
OKGS
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me GS in Oklahoma

Finally talked wife into letting by a vette after building her dream home. At first she gave me a budget of 25K, I looked for two weeks every day from Autotrader, craigslist (every major city) to Ebay. A lot of vettes in that price range but usually with lots of miles on them. So, I presented to her what I found and expalined I would be better off to get a solid, clean used one with low mileage so that when I go to sale it in a few years (to purchase a solid, clean low mileage C7), it would have decent resale value. Great, she bumped the budget to 30K. Back to looking.

Well, I found a lot of great vettes in that price range with decent mileage but just could not find "The One". So, yesterday wife tells me that she wants to order custom window treatments and draperies for the new home and the cost is $9,500 "So, if you find "The One" go ahead and get it".

Yee Haw! back to Autotrader and input all the parameters to find a solid, clean, low mileage GS. Low and behold found one in Houston area that sung to me the moment I laid eyes on it. It's a 2010 with 22K on the clock, Cyber Gray with Black wheels and fully loaded minus Navi. Original owner is going to pick me up at the airport tomorrow morning at 10:35 am and I hope to be driving home in my new GS by noon. Little does my wife know I am exceeding the budget by about 10K. Wow! I have not been this excited since, wellllllllll, it's been a looooong time.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Eric ray
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and congrats on your new G/S.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:42 PM
427 Pilot
Safety Car

Welcome to CF
Old 01-31-2014, 07:27 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

welcome to the forum!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

What a great give and take story! Welcome to the forum from Indy!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 685 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by OKGS
Finally talked wife into letting by a vette after building her dream home. At first she gave me a budget of 25K, I looked for two weeks every day from Autotrader, craigslist (every major city) to Ebay. A lot of vettes in that price range but usually with lots of miles on them. So, I presented to her what I found and expalined I would be better off to get a solid, clean used one with low mileage so that when I go to sale it in a few years (to purchase a solid, clean low mileage C7), it would have decent resale value. Great, she bumped the budget to 30K. Back to looking.

Well, I found a lot of great vettes in that price range with decent mileage but just could not find "The One". So, yesterday wife tells me that she wants to order custom window treatments and draperies for the new home and the cost is $9,500 "So, if you find "The One" go ahead and get it".

Yee Haw! back to Autotrader and input all the parameters to find a solid, clean, low mileage GS. Low and behold found one in Houston area that sung to me the moment I laid eyes on it. It's a 2010 with 22K on the clock, Cyber Gray with Black wheels and fully loaded minus Navi. Original owner is going to pick me up at the airport tomorrow morning at 10:35 am and I hope to be driving home in my new GS by noon. Little does my wife know I am exceeding the budget by about 10K. Wow! I have not been this excited since, wellllllllll, it's been a looooong time.
Wow,

What an awesome story! Congrats and thanks for joining us. Please report back on how well the initial pickup goes.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-01-2014, 01:29 AM
2010BlueGS
Melting Slicks

Welcome to the forum from So Cal !!!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:27 AM
mrmtrtrnd
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your GS.

Good luck when your wife finds out your 10K over budget
Old 02-03-2014, 07:19 AM
kedwin
Melting Slicks

Welcome to the forum and Congratulations.

Get notified of new replies

To New to me GS in Oklahoma