In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Harvey T. Gluck

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 11:40 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Default Harvey T. Gluck

Corvette Nation Has Lost a Legend : Harvey GluckThis is Matthew Gluck. It’s with a heavy heart that I must inform you that my father, Harvey Gluck, has passed away due to complications of Pancreatic Cancer.

Harvey loved three things. His wife, his children, and his Corvettes. He owned somewhere just north or south of 90 Corvettes over the years.

My dad loved these forums, he loved the Corvette museums, the bashes,and he loved telling people news of information that he’d learn from the factory.

I spent several hours last night reading his old posts. There was nothing more “him” than replying in “ALL CAPS”. And he loved to sign his name even though everyone knew who he was. He’d always do the same on FaceBook. What dad lacked in technology and prose, he made up with heart.

I’d like to thank everybody on the board. While
I know he loved being part of your community, it gave him great joy just to be able to participate. Dad went through some tough years caring for my mom…and Corvettes were always a great diversion. He loved that few minutes a day where he could focus on his hobby.

Sometime around February, which is around when he stopped posting, he told me to cancel his new, silver C8 Convertible. The plan had been to trade in his rapid blue C8 convertible and take delivery of the new silver one. I knew dad was dying. I knew he’d never drive again. I also knew that cancelling the new C8 was probably the one dying wish that I should rightfully ignore. I was OK allowing my dad to die…I was ok with him going to be with my mom…but I wasn’t ok letting it happen without a Corvette in the garage.

So when the day came to head to the dealer and Swap the Rapid Blue for the silver, I realized two things quickly. One, dad will never drive this last C8….and two…Holy Sh-t, this thing is awesome.

Dad didn’t know I was making the swap. He was under the impression I was just selling the Rapid Blue. He couldn’t come with me, he was too weak to walk. Though he trusted my brother and I implicitly with absolutely anything in his life….the Corvettes were the only thing we couldn’t touch. I understood quickly driving the C8 that day why he was hooked.

After that day dads health continued to decline quickly. He never even saw the new car which had been sitting in the garage. Last week, knowing the end was near, I conspired with his nurses to get him into the car. I had to give him one last ride and I did. That photo is below. He didn’t smile much these past few months but he did that day. It was well worth it.

Having a Corvette never dawned on me. It wasn’t my thing. And my wife has threatened divorce if I ever even broached the subject. That stance has softened the last few days. And my interest has piqued. Keeping a Corvette would in some small way keep my dad with me.

Truth be told, I thought the Rapid Blue C8 was way sharper than the current silver C8 in that photo. So I just may order a new one. So for those interested, sometime soon, one last Harvey Gluck corvette will become available for sale.

Thank you to everybody on this forum. Day to day it might just be a group of people talking about cars. But to some…like my dad…it was so much more.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:23 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Matthew, my condolences. I read Harvey’s posts through the years. I never met him in person but his posts clearly showed that he was passionate about his Corvettes. May memories of your Dad always bring sweet thoughts to you.

Last edited by acrace; 05-03-2021 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:19 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Matthew,

I will miss HARVEY GLUCK and his phone calls very much. I could talk to him for hours on end but usually only had 10-15 minutes as life is pretty busy as you know.

Thank you for your heart felt note/post and will remember your Father always. A true Corvette guy and family man for sure.

MIKE FURMAN (typed in caps for Harvey)
Old 05-03-2021, 02:53 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,219 Likes on 830 Posts

Very sorry to hear...I enjoyed his posts and reading what Corvette would be next.. Very sad day indeed. Cancer does suck and that is a particularly cruel way to go as well. He can at least enjoy everything all again now. RIP sir.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:45 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

My Condolences Sir.

He was a very fine man. I was on the C5 group almost from its inception and read a hell of a lot of the posts he made. He sure went through a hell of a lot of cars. I even had the opportunity to talk with him many years back.

Dave!
Old 05-04-2021, 02:47 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 794 Likes on 538 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Very sorry to hear this, RIP HARVEY T. GLUCK.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:56 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 661 Likes on 443 Posts

Wow Matthew - a tear comes to the eye (Lost my Dad in 2014).

Your Dad had the means to express his passion for these cars, which is great - he was a special guy.

My condolences to you and your entire family; a legend has earned his wings.

Old 05-04-2021, 03:54 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Having also lost my Dad in 2014 it's a sad day to read this. However the tribute from Father to Son is beautiful.

When my Father passed someone on here told me that he would be in my life in some way and i would realize it was him, not sure those were the exact words, but i got the meaning of it and it turned out to be TRUE.

Matthew, i can only wish the same for you and your brothers as well. Harvey seemed like a really swell guy and he owned more Corvettes than some dealerships will ever sell, i guess there is something to be said for living a full life and living it well. Seems like he did the best he could on all accounts. We'll miss him around these parts, but i trust he is in a better place now.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:12 PM
Bob Holinski
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

So VERY sorry for your loss Matthew. While I never met your Dad I feel that I came to know him through my early online involvement on this forum and the C5 Registry. I was always happy to hear of his new cars and the excitement he got from each one of them. Your tribute brought tears to my eyes and hope you extend his Corvette legacy and continue in his footsteps as you build your own presence in this brotherhood and sisterhood of the Corvette family.
Rest In Peace HARVEY - you will be missed.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:58 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Old 05-23-2021, 11:07 PM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

My condolences to you & your family.

I always enjoyed reading your Dad's posts on Vettes.

Invariably there'd be someone yapping about this or that (i.e., having read about it, but not owning one) and your Dad would usually retort with something along the lines of setting that individual in their place, demonstrating ACTUAL ownership experience.

He was a Vette fan through and through.

So sorry for your loss.

Last edited by SLO VETTE; 05-23-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:35 AM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Condolences. Harvey, you were never boring. I always liked your spirit! Spend some good time with you along your life’s past. Thank you. I will never forget sitting with you in the motorcoaches going to the C7 reveal. From the spy shots/renderings, you were quite vocal about not liking their taillights. Did not matter to you that you were in the minority (another thing I liked about you). I chuckled on the way back to the hotel when you said you had changed your mind and liked them on the actual car. Again you always spoke your peace (thank you).

Rest in peace!

Get notified of new replies

To Harvey T. Gluck

Quick Reply: Harvey T. Gluck