In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

miss you little brother

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:49 AM
typhoon186
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default miss you little brother

In loving memory of my little brother, Kenny Longwith, 4/23/1967 - 8/20/2012. Kenny was a real car enthusiast and loved Corvettes, especially yellow ones. His Purple and Yellow Indy Pace Car was one of his favorites. A heart attack at age 45 sent him to the big car show in the sky. He's probably got a yellow convertible Vette parked on a street of gold right now.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:48 PM
got-20z
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sad to hear of your loss. He died a young man for sure.

RIP
Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 AM
familyman's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

My condolences on the loss of your brother.

The title struck me hard, that's what my older brother calls me all the time, "little brother".
Old 06-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Burken01
Instructor

Originally Posted by typhoon186
In loving memory of my little brother, Kenny Longwith, 4/23/1967 - 8/20/2012. Kenny was a real car enthusiast and loved Corvettes, especially yellow ones. His Purple and Yellow Indy Pace Car was one of his favorites. A heart attack at age 45 sent him to the big car show in the sky. He's probably got a yellow convertible Vette parked on a street of gold right now.
Sorry about your loss..

If you don't mind me asking was it just a random out of the blue heart attack or was his health declining over the years? Any signs?
Old 06-24-2014, 09:11 PM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

Sorry for your loss.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:14 AM
typhoon186
Instructor

Originally Posted by Burken01
Sorry about your loss..

If you don't mind me asking was it just a random out of the blue heart attack or was his health declining over the years? Any signs?
Thanks for all the thoughts and comments. Kenny was a big, strong young man. He was definitely overweight but he was just plain big. He looked like a white Shaq in a way. He was 6'-3" and about 300 lb. and loved to play basketball. He never, ever drank, smoked or did any drugs. His diet was not good though. It was a lot of fast food, fried food and soft drinks. Other than he had high blood pressure, he was not showing any signs of trouble. Unfortunately he ignored his doctor's recommendations about diet, weight and blood pressure.

He was just sitting on his sofa with his laptop when he had his heart attack. He looked like he just laid his head back and went to sleep. The autopsy indicated his arteries were all very blocked. It also indicated he had suffered a very mild heart attack just a few days earlier but I guess he did not recognize or admit the symptoms.

I guess the blessing is, if you have to go, that's about as good as it gets.

I hope others can learn from his passing: Eat healthy, exercise, listen to you doctor, don't ignore possible signs or warnings of a heart attack.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:20 PM
SuperBuickGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 380 Likes on 267 Posts

Thanks for all the thoughts and comments. Kenny was a big, strong young man. He was definitely overweight but he was just plain big. He looked like a white Shaq in a way. He was 6'-3" and about 300 lb. and loved to play basketball. He never, ever drank, smoked or did any drugs. His diet was not good though. It was a lot of fast food, fried food and soft drinks. Other than he had high blood pressure, he was not showing any signs of trouble. Unfortunately he ignored his doctor's recommendations about diet, weight and blood pressure.

He was just sitting on his sofa with his laptop when he had his heart attack. He looked like he just laid his head back and went to sleep. The autopsy indicated his arteries were all very blocked. It also indicated he had suffered a very mild heart attack just a few days earlier but I guess he did not recognize or admit the symptoms.

I guess the blessing is, if you have to go, that's about as good as it gets.

I hope others can learn from his passing: Eat healthy, exercise, listen to you doctor, don't ignore possible signs or warnings of a heart attack.
I'm sorry for your loss, I lost my brother too and know it's not easy.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

My sincere condolences to you and your family.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:05 AM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry for your loss.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:17 PM
EBZ0602
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '05-'10

Sorry about your loss
Lost my "Little Brother" 3yrs ago, so I know how hard it can be.

Get notified of new replies

To miss you little brother

Quick Reply: miss you little brother