Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Has anyone shipped a Vette from US to Europe recently?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 12:52 AM
Jim__H
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Has anyone shipped a Vette from US to Europe recently?

Editing out irrelevant post, sorry 'bout that...

Last edited by Jim__H; 08-24-2022 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:55 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim__H
In late May I sold my '77 restomod to a guy who lives in Belgium. He really seems to be a good guy and he put a huge amount of faith in me because he paid me in full before arranging for shipping.

I live in San Jose, California. The car shipped out on June 2 via American Freight Line, S.E. Inc. A transport loaded the car and headed for Ft. Lauderdale, FL where it was then to be loaded onto a boat to Antwerp, Belgium.

It is now late August and the car has not arrived. The buyer, bless his heart, says he is patient but me being the consummate pessimist, well I am fearing that something is amiss.

Anyone have any experience with something like this? I realize, and hope, that worldwide shipping and supply chains have been messed up for a couple of year because of the pandemic, etc. I hope that is the explanation for the delay and the car will eventually end up in the buyer's garage.

This is the last I saw of my car
This Help section is for Help with the CorvetteForum website (account issues, etc.,) and is not the place to post technical questions about Corvettes. Instead, please find the correct section, based on the generation of the Corvette.

Go back to the main forum page:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/

Now start to slowly scroll down until you see your generation of Corvette listed. C3 (1968 - 1982):
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-1968-1982-5/

Note each section has a General section for more general topics, if not specifically technical.

We encourage new members to take some time to browse around the site and read the Announcements and Stickies as they contain important and frequently asked information.

Thank-you
Old 08-24-2022, 05:13 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

My vehicle shipped out of Atlanta and took approx 35 days to reach Bremerhaven, Germany if that helps a timeline at all.

Then it gets unloaded and takes another day or two for the monkeys at the port to get their **** together after doing donuts in the parking lot.

Roll on/Roll off don't accumulate 7 miles!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone shipped a Vette from US to Europe recently?

Quick Reply: Has anyone shipped a Vette from US to Europe recently?