Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Why do some links only appear when you open them in another window?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 09:43 AM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Why do some links only appear when you open them in another window?

I love the political meme thread, but over the last few months I'm having to open about half the links in another window in order to read them. How do I fix that?

Bonus question: This goes back years and no one seemed to have a fix for it - when someone posts video with sound, it'll play but I won't be able to hear it unless I click the YouTube option. Makes no sense.

TIA for all helpful replies.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:30 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PartTimeGenius
I love the political meme thread, but over the last few months I'm having to open about half the links in another window in order to read them. How do I fix that?

Bonus question: This goes back years and no one seemed to have a fix for it - when someone posts video with sound, it'll play but I won't be able to hear it unless I click the YouTube option. Makes no sense.

TIA for all helpful replies.
Your issue is not descriptive enough. Having to open links in a new window to read them doesn't tell me what exactly the issue is? An example to a specific post, when describing the issue, will also be of help. Please don't link to a 10 page thread but, instead, please link to a specific post number when referencing the issue you're reporting so that we know the exact post in question that generated your issue.

Regarding the YouTube issue, I'm not aware of that issue. Sound and video are both provided by YouTube directly and not CorvetteForum. CorvetteForum merely "embeds" the content, which tells your browser to load the content from YouTube and display in within the post. The YouTube video player works correctly for me in the major browsers. You're either using an extension that is altering the code or you've got a browser setting that may be disallowing the content.

Quick Reply: Why do some links only appear when you open them in another window?