Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Posting Pictures of FS items?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 01:28 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

Default Posting Pictures of FS items?

I'm going to post some FS items real soon...I've seen pictures at times that are either too large or too small...
How do resize pictures if i they show up to large when i post them...

Thanks
Old 05-02-2021, 02:24 PM
AkrHack
Drifting

Received 261 Likes on 184 Posts

I would try changing the setting on your camera or phone so the resolution is lower before you take the photos. If you do that, you won't have to resize them before you upload them.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:35 PM
andrew1182
Racer

Received 297 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 66jack
I'm going to post some FS items real soon...I've seen pictures at times that are either too large or too small...
How do resize pictures if i they show up to large when i post them...

Thanks
If you upload them to an image hosting service like imgur and then post the link they will be automatically resized for you.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:36 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by AkrHack
I would try changing the setting on your camera or phone so the resolution is lower before you take the photos. If you do that, you won't have to resize them before you upload them.

What if they are already taken, can they be resized before i try and post them?

Test...the top was resized by half...the bottom one is the original...so, i hope i don't have to resize them all....

Last edited by 66jack; 05-02-2021 at 02:45 PM. Reason: test photo
Old 05-02-2021, 04:52 PM
waynec
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

What if they are already taken, can they be resized before i try and post them?

Test...the top was resized by half...the bottom one is the original...so, i hope i don't have to resize them all...

**************************************** **************************************** *************************************

I will assume you use a Windows computer... There are numerous ways:
Here is a free photo resizer you can use: https://icecreamapps.com/Image-Resizer/
photos have a pixel count (width & height)... using the Image-Resizer desktop icon, you can set it for the largest pixel count (longest side) you want the photo to be, then drag&drop the photo onto the resizer and it will return the photo in that size to a sub-folder
Another method would be to use a photo editor like PhotoScape, which has a function to resize photos
Another method would be to view your photo on your computer, resize the window to the size you want by pulling a corner of the photo toward the opposite/far corner, then use a screenshot program to snapshot the now-reduced-size photo

Last edited by waynec; 05-02-2021 at 05:07 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-02-2021, 05:36 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CorvetteForum attempts to resize the displayed pictures to fit the display within the browser to reduce things like left-right scroll bars. Unless the pictures are very high resolution, with multiple pictures, I'm not sure you need to adjust them. There is a file size limit per file, so if your images are very high resolution they may exceed that file size limit and may require resizing with your photo program. That said, your test image is only 1080 x 810 and I wouldn't recommend resizing as it's not necessary not considered high detailed nor large.

If the pictures are already taken and you want to scale them down, you can use a free image editor on Windows called IrfanView:
https://www.irfanview.com/

With IrfanView, you can batch edit by selecting multiple images and apply the same settings - such as resizing - instead of doing it manually for each image individually. For help using IrfanView, please see their documentation and website.

For additional testing, please use the Test section:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/testing-68/

Get notified of new replies

To Posting Pictures of FS items?

Quick Reply: Posting Pictures of FS items?