Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Can't post pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 12:01 AM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Default Can't post pictures.

For some reason I can no longer post pics. I am doing the exact same thing I have done forever. Get the Photobucket link and select the picture icon on CF. Suddenly it quit working. Can do it from my phone which is really strange. Any ideas?
Old 10-03-2015, 03:13 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The button activates the advanced Uploader feature custom to CorvetteForum and other Internet Brands owned sites. This has been the case for atleast several months. So for whatever reason the new uploader isn't working for your computer. You'd need to supply information, such as your browser, version, and what plugins you're using.

If you're simply copy/pasting photos from Photobucket, you just have to copy/paste the URL inside a set of IMG tags.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
The button activates the advanced Uploader feature custom to CorvetteForum and other Internet Brands owned sites. This has been the case for atleast several months. So for whatever reason the new uploader isn't working for your computer. You'd need to supply information, such as your browser, version, and what plugins you're using.

If you're simply copy/pasting photos from Photobucket, you just have to copy/paste the URL inside a set of IMG tags.

I understand how it works. Like I said, I have done it as recently as maybe last week (?) It just recently does not work. I also cannot click on a smiley. I have to copy and paste it.

IE11 - Where do I find "plug ins"?
Old 10-04-2015, 02:50 PM
J T
IB Staff

Go to UserCP, Edit Options and change the Message Editor Interface to Standard Editor. You show to be using Enhanced and there may be a browser issue with it.

Originally Posted by Aerovette
I understand how it works. Like I said, I have done it as recently as maybe last week (?) It just recently does not work. I also cannot click on a smiley. I have to copy and paste it.

IE11 - Where do I find "plug ins"?
Old 10-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
Go to UserCP, Edit Options and change the Message Editor Interface to Standard Editor. You show to be using Enhanced and there may be a browser issue with it.

Ok and this changed somehow?
Old 10-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Old 10-27-2015, 09:23 PM
STL_Hokie
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
I'm unable to post pictures now and I've tried from an iPhone, iPad using Safari and Chrome, and two different laptops in addition changing the editor. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2015, 09:38 PM
J T
IB Staff

In order to assist, we need more information. What exactly is the issue? Error messages or the point of failure might help.

Have you read the sticky covering how to post pictures:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pictures.html

Originally Posted by STL_Hokie
I'm unable to post pictures now and I've tried from an iPhone, iPad using Safari and Chrome, and two different laptops in addition changing the editor. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2015, 09:53 PM
STL_Hokie
Instructor

Originally Posted by J T
In order to assist, we need more information. What exactly is the issue? Error messages or the point of failure might help.

Have you read the sticky covering how to post pictures:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pictures.html
I apologize. I should have mentioned that when I hit the buttong to attach and image in a PM, I get prompted to enter a URL instead of the upload window. I am able to post pictures in forum posts.

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2015, 09:59 PM
J T
IB Staff

Understood. The forum has never allowed direct uploading of content in the PM system - only link inserts. This has been a limitation with the commercial software and not any setting by CorvetteForum.

Originally Posted by STL_Hokie
I apologize. I should have mentioned that when I hit the buttong to attach and image in a PM, I get prompted to enter a URL instead of the upload window. I am able to post pictures in forum posts.

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2015, 10:11 PM
STL_Hokie
Instructor

Originally Posted by J T
Understood. The forum has never allowed direct uploading of content in the PM system - only link inserts. This has been a limitation with the commercial software and not any setting by CorvetteForum.
I am relatively new to the forum and was unaware of that nuance. Thank you very much for the clarification and the quick replies!

Get notified of new replies

To Can't post pictures.

Quick Reply: Can't post pictures.