Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

picture upload

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:12 AM
68 l89
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default picture upload

I have made several attempts to upload pictures both through my browser and the album and I am still unable to do so. Would you please advise me further. This is my first time posting a thread. Thank you.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:20 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please follow the instructions in the following link:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...-pictures.html

If that does not help, in order to assist we need more information as to exactly what is occurring and any error messages.

Originally Posted by 68 l89
I have made several attempts to upload pictures both through my browser and the album and I am still unable to do so. Would you please advise me further. This is my first time posting a thread. Thank you.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:36 PM
68 l89
Advanced

Default upload pictures

I have followed the directions on the link. I am not receiving an error message.

When I download the pictures from my computer, I am able to open my file, choose the files I want to add. The upload progression is shown. The pictures are shown but there is no "done" button or "exit" button to click to complete the process. Therefore the pictures are never downloaded to your website and never attached to my thread.

I am not that computer savvy but I think the resolution is 2048 x 1536 of each of the pictures I am trying to submit. Thanks.

Originally Posted by J T

If that does not help, in order to assist we need more information as to exactly what is occurring and any error messages.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by J T

J T......when I attempt to drag and drop a pic from my computer into the box the pic will not stay and will disappear when I move my mouse away.

I will admit that I have never attempted to post a pic in this manner. I simply use tinypic.com to host my pics or I use the Manage Attachments button in the Additional Options box below the Reply to Thread box.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:09 PM
J T
IB Staff

That's why it doesn't work for you as described in my link above. The process you're using is the old legacy Attachment feature and does not support drag-and-drop. You need to use the process outlined in the link I provided above by first clicking on the "mountain" icon in the WYSIWYG editor.

Originally Posted by Tact
I use the Manage Attachments button in the Additional Options box below the Reply to Thread box.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:11 PM
J T
IB Staff

Try reducing the file size of the image by cropping the image and/or reducing the resolution. Image resolution is only part of the story as there's also file size. Your file may be over the allowed 5MB file size.

I have followed the directions on the link. I am not receiving an error message.

When I download the pictures from my computer, I am able to open my file, choose the files I want to add. The upload progression is shown. The pictures are shown but there is no "done" button or "exit" button to click to complete the process. Therefore the pictures are never downloaded to your website and never attached to my thread.

I am not that computer savvy but I think the resolution is 2048 x 1536 of each of the pictures I am trying to submit. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by J T
That's why it doesn't work for you as described in my link above. The process you're using is the old legacy Attachment feature and does not support drag-and-drop. You need to use the process outlined in the link I provided above by first clicking on the "mountain" icon in the WYSIWYG editor.
I got it to work by double clicking the pic instead of dragging and dropping the pic.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:18 PM
68 l89
Advanced

Default upload pictures

once again I went to the help forum and reread the directions. I followed your suggestion and decreased my file side to 250 x 180 pixels (less than 3 KB per picture). I then tried to add images again by clicking on the mountain or insert image button. I was not able to drop and drag at all. However I was able to click on my pictures and upload. Once completed I once again never received the "insert" button to complete the installation process. I then exited and reentered trying to upload just one picture which would have only been 3 KB. Once again, I did not receive the "insert" button. Please advise as I am becoming very frustrated.

Originally Posted by J T
Try reducing the file size of the image by cropping the image and/or reducing the resolution. Image resolution is only part of the story as there's also file size. Your file may be over the allowed 5MB file size.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:06 PM
J T
IB Staff

What browser, browser version and add-ons are you using? That you can't drag and drop and that there isn't an Insert button suggest to me something with your browser is not allowing the process to working normally.

once again I went to the help forum and reread the directions. I followed your suggestion and decreased my file side to 250 x 180 pixels (less than 3 KB per picture). I then tried to add images again by clicking on the mountain or insert image button. I was not able to drop and drag at all. However I was able to click on my pictures and upload. Once completed I once again never received the "insert" button to complete the installation process. I then exited and reentered trying to upload just one picture which would have only been 3 KB. Once again, I did not receive the "insert" button. Please advise as I am becoming very frustrated.

Get notified of new replies

To picture upload

Quick Reply: picture upload