Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

attaching/inserting pictures from an anroid

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 03:32 PM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

Default attaching/inserting pictures from an anroid

can this be done? I tried and they failed.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:58 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. I have an S3 and can use the new Thread Uploader using the full-desktop theme as outlined here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...-pictures.html

And the official App from Google Play Store also works with its own system for uploading.

There's not enough information in your post to really help beyond answering your question.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:26 AM
rsparks64
Drifting

Originally Posted by J T
Yes. I have an S3 and can use the new Thread Uploader using the full-desktop theme as outlined here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...-pictures.html

And the official App from Google Play Store also works with its own system for uploading.

There's not enough information in your post to really help beyond answering your question.
would not work in mobil b/c there was no option to download. in full site it would download to 99% and then say attachment failed. did this multiple times. the phone is a galaxy s5 and the photos were taken on the phone. I have not checked the size of the images.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:49 PM
J T
IB Staff

What do you mean download option? You want the Attachment option. Y don't download pictures when you use the Attachment system as you upload them.

Yes, you can upload images in the mobile app as Attachments. When you create a new thread there is an Attachment button. That's what you would use to upload pictures. This is available in the IB Auto Group app that is the official mobile app. Unless you're using the Mobile Theme, which is entirely different and is indeed minimal.

It could be the size of images. Please check the size of the images and also please note the exact error. The error message should not be a download error because you're not downloading the images to the server you're uploading them.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:43 AM
rsparks64
Drifting

Originally Posted by J T
What do you mean download option? You want the Attachment option. Y don't download pictures when you use the Attachment system as you upload them.

Yes, you can upload images in the mobile app as Attachments. When you create a new thread there is an Attachment button. That's what you would use to upload pictures. This is available in the IB Auto Group app that is the official mobile app. Unless you're using the Mobile Theme, which is entirely different and is indeed minimal.

It could be the size of images. Please check the size of the images and also please note the exact error. The error message should not be a download error because you're not downloading the images to the server you're uploading them.
I checked and a the pictures were about 7.5 mb each. I took them with my cell phone. By download I meant upload/attach from the gallery in my phone. I will have to find a smaller one to test from my phone.

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:01 PM
J T
IB Staff

7.5mb each will be the issue. With a default install on vBulletin and PHP, the maximum is typically just 2mb unless overridden by server admins.

Originally Posted by rsparks64
I checked and a the pictures were about 7.5 mb each. I took them with my cell phone. By download I meant upload/attach from the gallery in my phone. I will have to find a smaller one to test from my phone.

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To attaching/inserting pictures from an anroid

Quick Reply: attaching/inserting pictures from an anroid