Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Profile page photo gallery picture

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 06:05 PM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 624 Likes on 486 Posts

Default Profile page photo gallery picture

Recently the forum changed the photo galleries and since then the photo that appears on my profile page is not the one I want.

How do I select which picture will be displayed there?

Thanks.

Edit Update:
I tried a few things and the star icon on the picture being displayed was yellow. I tried clicking on the star on the picture that I wanted displayed and it turned yellow. The previous one that was yellow turned white. However, the picture did not change on my profile page (even after reloading it several times). I also tried changing the order of the pictures so the one I wanted was first (without any changes to the one being displayed on the profile page).

Today the profile page has the picture I tried for. Does the order of the pictures, or the color of the star icon cause the picture to display on the profile page? Also does it take some time (like an overnight refresh or something) to occur before changes take effect?

Edit Update 2:
Interesting that there is a help forum that no one responds to. Not much help I guess.

Edit Update 3:
Well, the picture I want is not being displayed on my profile page any more.
Again, it is interesting that there is a help forum that no one responds to. Not much help I guess.

Last edited by QCVette; 07-03-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Does anyone help in a help forum?
Old 07-07-2014, 11:08 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure if the functionality currently exists to define the picture displayed. I don't have an official answer at this time.

Originally Posted by QCVette
Edit Update 2:
Interesting that there is a help forum that no one responds to. Not much help I guess.

Edit Update 3:
Well, the picture I want is not being displayed on my profile page any more.
Again, it is interesting that there is a help forum that no one responds to. Not much help I guess.
It is interesting that you believe no one responds in the Help forum. I don't believe that to be completely accurate or fair and can be supported by the activity of assistance that is found in this forum. Unfortunately, not every answer is going to be a good answer but that doesn't take away that this section is monitored and frequently receives replies of assistance or answers.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:59 PM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by J T
I'm not sure if the functionality currently exists to define the picture displayed. I don't have an official answer at this time.

It is interesting that you believe no one responds in the Help forum. I don't believe that to be completely accurate or fair and can be supported by the activity of assistance that is found in this forum. Unfortunately, not every answer is going to be a good answer but that doesn't take away that this section is monitored and frequently receives replies of assistance or answers.
Sorry for expressing my concerns with the help forum. There may be a lot of good help given here. This was my first experience with it, so my view was pretty limited to asking a question and no one responding.

The Corvette forum is a good one with a lot of good info and help here. I am most familiar with the C4 and C5 sections, but they have helped me a lot.

Get notified of new replies

To Profile page photo gallery picture

Quick Reply: Profile page photo gallery picture