Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

What happened?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 02:21 AM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Default What happened?

I can't post smileys here. If I want to post one I hav eto copy and paste it. Clicking does nothing.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:58 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That function relies on javascript with your browser. You likely have it disabled or you're filtering it with some 3rd party plugin. Using a browser (IE, Firefox and Chrome) without modifications shows they work normally.

Originally Posted by Aerovette
I can't post smileys here. If I want to post one I hav eto copy and paste it. Clicking does nothing.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
That function relies on javascript with your browser. You likely have it disabled or you're filtering it with some 3rd party plugin. Using a browser (IE, Firefox and Chrome) without modifications shows they work normally.

I can post them on other forums though.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:07 AM
J T
IB Staff

Sounds like you're using a 3rd party addon in a browser to filter javascript. There is no known issue on CF and they're working correctly for me and, apparently, most other members.

I can post them on other forums though.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
Sounds like you're using a 3rd party addon in a browser to filter javascript. There is no known issue on CF and they're working correctly for me and, apparently, most other members.

Ok, admitting my ignorance, I don't really know what that means or how to do that. I do know that last week and every day before then, I could and now I can't unless I am at my office. What is the fix on my end?
Old 04-25-2014, 02:52 PM
J T
IB Staff

What browser are you using?

It means that using any major browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE) without modifications, the smilies are working normally. We are limited with the support we can provide when 3rd party software is used to alter the functionality and/or appearance of the website.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
What browser are you using?

It means that using any major browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE) without modifications, the smilies are working normally. We are limited with the support we can provide when 3rd party software is used to alter the functionality and/or appearance of the website.

Internet Explorer. Same laptop I have used for years. I don't know what 3rd party software you are speaking of, but it would seem odd that a) I would have it and not know it and b) it would only impact this forum.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 PM
J T
IB Staff

Any major browser, without modifications, will allow the smilies to work. Reason why it may work on other sites is because those sites have their own javascript file that enables them. For some reason, your browser or computer is blocking CorvetteForum's.

What version of IE?

Something must have changed on your computer to disable them.

Internet Explorer. Same laptop I have used for years. I don't know what 3rd party software you are speaking of, but it would seem odd that a) I would have it and not know it and b) it would only impact this forum.

Get notified of new replies

To What happened?

Quick Reply: What happened?