Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Style chooser

Old 04-22-2014, 10:10 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Default Style chooser

And as long as I'm looking for help, I set the style for Default 2014 as instructed and when I then select C6, the page reloads but nothing changes. I still have the C7 logo that has been there since the cars disappeared (the cars were nicer ).
Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like you may have reviewed the following FAQ but if not, please be sure to check it as this should address/resolve any issue:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...style-faq.html

It is possible you have a browser cache issue if you're following the FAQ and the page refreshes but the logo doesn't change. Only the logo and the links to the left will change. Nothing else will change.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:17 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Still not working.

"...first make sure that the "Default 2014" style/theme is selected..."

That doesn't always show up but when it does it says Default 2014. I also tried Mobile One and that was a disaster! Had to log off to get back to Default 2014. Seems strange that the option box doesn't always show up???

"If you're continuously getting logged out, you may need to delete all CorvetteForum cookies."

I never get logged off but I deleted ALL cookies with no change. (Another disaster since I had lots of logon info for other sites saved that now I'll have to figure out again.) I'm using IE9 which would have deleted All or just those that weren't favorites. Since CF is in the favotites category I had to delete them all.

"If the "Community" links in the left side column blend in with the background, ... "

AH HA!!! Community links show fine and are all for C6 which is what I prefer. But I can't change to C5 or any other. And the logo is still C7.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
Still not working.
I really don't know what to tell you at this point. There was many members that did have some issues when the change was made in which was the reason why I wrote that FAQ. Some expected more than just the logo and left links to change and so they assumed it wasn't working, some had a different theme selected, some had browser cookie issues, some were using 3rd party plugins with Firefox that was causing specific issues, etc., but many of those issues were sorted out with the FAQ. I'm not aware of any number of members that are actively having those issues that hasn't been resolved by the FAQ

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
"...first make sure that the "Default 2014" style/theme is selected..."

That doesn't always show up but when it does it says Default 2014. I also tried Mobile One and that was a disaster! Had to log off to get back to Default 2014. Seems strange that the option box doesn't always show up???
It won't show if you're not logged in. Otherwise, it's part of the footer and pretty much displayed and called nearly everywhere within the forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Style chooser

Search this Thread