Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

why do I have to keep logging in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 162 Posts

Default why do I have to keep logging in?

I recently (about 2months ago) got a new computer and changed my email address so I had to reset the password. I now have to login quite often even though I checked the "remember me" box. I'm still using the temp password given to me. Do l need to set up another password?
Old 03-20-2014, 02:21 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is not related to your password. The logging in issue is a cookie issue with your browser.

You'll need to remove all CorvetteForum cookies. Logging out is not the same and won't work. If you have CorvetteForum marked as a favorite and if you use the browser's script to remove cookies, you'll need to deselect the Preserve Favorites option or the data won't be removed. Then revisit the forum, use the Remember Me option, and log in. This issue is not uncommon and because websites generally use several cookies, this issue generally only occurs on one site at a time.

If that doesn't fix the issue then you have some 3rd party security software deleting or interfering with the cookies, your browser isn't allowing cookies, or your browser is deleting cookies upon exist.
Originally Posted by Gary's '66
I recently (about 2months ago) got a new computer and changed my email address so I had to reset the password. I now have to login quite often even though I checked the "remember me" box. I'm still using the temp password given to me. Do l need to set up another password?
Old 03-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 162 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'm not very good at this stuff so l guess it's another trip to Best Buy.

Get notified of new replies

To why do I have to keep logging in?

Quick Reply: why do I have to keep logging in?