Getting Logged Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Ibanez540r
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Getting Logged Out

I've noticed more recently that I have to sign in several times while reading the forum and posting comments. I know that if you sit idle for a period of time this use to happen, but again it is happening very often in the middle of jumping around on the site.

It is pretty frustrating. I could be on for 5 minutes, go to post a comment, have to sign back in.

Was a setting changed? If so it is way to short.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:06 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The logging in issue is a cookie issue with your browser.

You'll need to remove all CorvetteForum cookies. Logging out is not the same and won't work. If you have CorvetteForum marked as a favorite and if you use the browser's script to remove cookies, you'll need to deselect the Preserve Favorites option or the data won't be removed. Then revisit the forum, use the Remember Me option, and log in. This issue is not uncommon and because websites generally use several cookies, this issue generally only occurs on one site at a time.

If that doesn't fix the issue then you have some 3rd party security software deleting or interfering with the cookies, your browser isn't allowing cookies, or your browser is deleting cookies upon exist.

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
I've noticed more recently that I have to sign in several times while reading the forum and posting comments. I know that if you sit idle for a period of time this use to happen, but again it is happening very often in the middle of jumping around on the site.

It is pretty frustrating. I could be on for 5 minutes, go to post a comment, have to sign back in.

Was a setting changed? If so it is way to short.

Quick Reply: Getting Logged Out