Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 06:16 PM
physman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question

I am setting up my corvette forum for the C6 general discussions and every time I log in, under community, it always stays with all the c5 discussions. How do I change that setting to the C6?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2014, 06:18 PM
MGretz70
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if there is a specific setting for it, I bookmarked C6 General Discussion and where it takes me.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:28 PM
physman
Instructor

Yeah,

The sight has changed since I made an account back in 2010. I remember That I could set it to C5. So on the left hand side I see:

Community

C5 General
C5 Tech & Perf.
C5 Scan & Tune
C5 FI/Nitrous
C5 Z06
C5 Performance Results
C5's For Sale
C5 Parts
C5 Vendor for Sale

Now that I have a C6 I want to change it and can not remember how to do it. It is really convenient too. When your 10 pages into a discussion you can click on C6 general and it takes you back to the beginning without have to go back 10 times and refresh the page.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

physman
Old 03-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,291 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

There's a Help forum here for these kinds of questions; probably have better luck getting an answer there.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help-forum-31/
Old 03-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Steve_R
There's a Help forum here for these kinds of questions; probably have better luck getting an answer there.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help-forum-31/
Please post these types of questions in the HELP forum. That's where this thread is going.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:07 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please review the following link that describes the new layout and common issues/questions:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...style-faq.html

Originally Posted by physman
I am setting up my corvette forum for the C6 general discussions and every time I log in, under community, it always stays with all the c5 discussions. How do I change that setting to the C6?

Thanks
Yeah,

The sight has changed since I made an account back in 2010. I remember That I could set it to C5. So on the left hand side I see:

Community

C5 General
C5 Tech & Perf.
C5 Scan & Tune
C5 FI/Nitrous
C5 Z06
C5 Performance Results
C5's For Sale
C5 Parts
C5 Vendor for Sale

Now that I have a C6 I want to change it and can not remember how to do it. It is really convenient too. When your 10 pages into a discussion you can click on C6 general and it takes you back to the beginning without have to go back 10 times and refresh the page.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

physman
Old 03-16-2014, 09:00 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Look on the left sidebar where your links show up now. There should be a link (might be hidden by the color of the background) called EDIT LINKS. Select this. This is where you can select what Forums links show up on the left hand sidebar.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:18 PM
J T
IB Staff

That's different and only for premium memberships like you have.

Originally Posted by franman69
Look on the left sidebar where your links show up now. There should be a link (might be hidden by the color of the background) called EDIT LINKS. Select this. This is where you can select what Forums links show up on the left hand sidebar.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:49 PM
physman
Instructor

Thanks for information.

I must be missing something. It is still not working for me. I cleared my cookies and I even tried a different browser. It does not matter which generation I pick, the links on the left hand side stay C5.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:05 PM
J T
IB Staff

Make sure to follow it to the letter. It will resolve the issue. It's a cookie issue with your browser or, possibly as noted in the FAQ, your skin is selected to something else instead of "Default 2014".

Thanks for information.

I must be missing something. It is still not working for me. I cleared my cookies and I even tried a different browser. It does not matter which generation I pick, the links on the left hand side stay C5.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:59 PM
physman
Instructor

Originally Posted by J T
Make sure to follow it to the letter. It will resolve the issue. It's a cookie issue with your browser or, possibly as noted in the FAQ, your skin is selected to something else instead of "Default 2014".
J T,

I checked the skin, and I have only two options, Default 2014 and Mobile 1. Every time the page comes up is says Default 2014. My browser that I am using is Internet Explorer and I manually deleted all the cookies and history. When that did not work I went to Chrome, did the same thing but with no results. I will try it again of course.

Thanks,
Old 03-17-2014, 12:23 AM
physman
Instructor

J T,

I tried it again, step by step, and still nothing worked. I cleaned out my cookies and I even restarted my computer. What I did notice is when I click on any of the links, c1-c7 on right hand side, nothing happens, it will stay on page I was currently on. For me to change forums, I have to go to the very top under the corvette logo and go into forum tab and click on C6 forum to actually get to the C6 forum or any other forum for that matter. I did this both my browsers.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:56 AM
J T
IB Staff

The only thing that will happen is the page will refresh (it is a link after all) with the updated CorvetteForum logo in the upper left and different links to the left. That's all that changes. It does not take you directly to any of the C1 - C7 forums. The C1 - C7 links in the upper corner are merely for the style change - just as they always have been.

Whatever page you're on when you click on any of the C1 - C7 links is the same page you will be taken back to - only with the updated CorvetteForum logo and links on the left side.

If it does nothing as you say, then there is some sort of issue on your computer that may be beyond our ability short of access.

J T,

I tried it again, step by step, and still nothing worked. I cleaned out my cookies and I even restarted my computer. What I did notice is when I click on any of the links, c1-c7 on right hand side, nothing happens, it will stay on page I was currently on. For me to change forums, I have to go to the very top under the corvette logo and go into forum tab and click on C6 forum to actually get to the C6 forum or any other forum for that matter. I did this both my browsers.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:27 PM
physman
Instructor

J T,

I tried the same thing on two other devices and it is doing the same thing. One was my daughters laptop and she never gone to the corvette forum. She is a slow learner. Maybe it is Wyoming.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:54 PM
J T
IB Staff

Then there is something in common (3rd party software or setting) with the computers you're using that is interfering with the normal operation of setting and updating the browser's cookies. Neither would be common. A computer out of the box using default settings would not have this issue as there is no special settings required.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot more information I can provide beyond deleting all cookies in the browser (again, logging out is not the same), using the Remember Me option when logging back in, making sure you're not using any 3rd party software that is interfering with the cookies, and making sure the browser is set correctly to allow cookies and is not deleting them. The issue is going to be one of those things. If this was a server side issue, every single member would be impacted - including myself.

J T,

I tried the same thing on two other devices and it is doing the same thing. One was my daughters laptop and she never gone to the corvette forum. She is a slow learner. Maybe it is Wyoming.

Get notified of new replies

To Newbie question

Quick Reply: Newbie question