Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

mobile version

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:28 PM
PoVette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mobile version

I've noticed the mobile version has a new appearance.. has anything else changed as far as the features or functions?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Dag Skagney
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I noticed that also - when you open a thread it takes me to the end of the thread rather than the beginning - any way to fix that - i have the lightweight version selected in cp - any other version and it is not optimized for viewing on mobile device - I actually would like to go back to what I had before
Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

So would I....
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...mobile-cf.html
Old 09-20-2012, 01:14 PM
PoVette
Pro

Wow, I guess not that many use it... Only a few of us even talking about it. I don't like the way it takes me to the end of the thread either.. That sucks. Also, where did the PM notification go? I have to access USER CP, then PM to see if I have any? total BS...

Gotta love how it just gets switched over to this....hmmmm
Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Dag Skagney
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the mobile version a good bit on my iPhone - All in all I say the new version sucks ***** - oh by the way don't make the mistake of hitting default - I had hell even getting back to this new crappy version
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It shouldn't just take you to the end of the thread. What it actually does is take you to the first newest/unread post in the thread. If you've read them all, then you will be directed to the bottom of the thread.

This was probably designed that way as people generally want to read the newest posts of a thread to save time from scrolling through content they've already read. Especially on a mobile device.

This feature exists in the normal version whenever you click on the as it is a shortcut to take you to the first newest/unread post in the thread.

In the normal version it's optional. In the mobile device it's not.

I can check to see if we can fix that issue. It's fairly easy to fix.

Originally Posted by PoVette
Wow, I guess not that many use it... Only a few of us even talking about it. I don't like the way it takes me to the end of the thread either.. That sucks. Also, where did the PM notification go? I have to access USER CP, then PM to see if I have any? total BS...

Gotta love how it just gets switched over to this....hmmmm
Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

JT,

Are we still going to have the option of not using the mobile app when browsing from a mobile device?

Thanks....
Old 09-20-2012, 02:35 PM
J T
IB Staff

Yes, it should be optional. My testing it works as intended as it did with the last version.

I posted in the other thread, but this feature is cookie-based. There is a javascript that checks your browser and also checks to see if your browser has a cookie stored that indicates if you previously accepted or declined the mobile theme. If the cookie is found, you get the theme that you requested. If the cookie is not found, then you receive the prompt asking to accept or decline the mobile theme if you're on a mobile device.

Make sure you're actually deleting the cookie. Logging out is not enough. Some browsers will protect "favorites" from having their cookies deleted so that's one possible area. Another is that if you try to view a link/bookmark with the mobile domain or styleid=132 behind the URL, you're likely to get the mobile theme regardless.

The process is pretty much the same as it was with the old mobile theme.

Perhaps this is an issue with a specific browser(s) and may be why it works for some and not others. It may help to indicate what browser you have if you have tried the above with unsuccessful results.

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
JT,

Are we still going to have the option of not using the mobile app when browsing from a mobile device?

Thanks....
Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 PM
PoVette
Pro

Thanks for your help JT. So what about PMs? Is the user cp the only way to get to them or will something pop up if u are pm'd?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:50 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
Yes, it should be optional. My testing it works as intended as it did with the last version.

I posted in the other thread, but this feature is cookie-based. There is a javascript that checks your browser and also checks to see if your browser has a cookie stored that indicates if you previously accepted or declined the mobile theme. If the cookie is found, you get the theme that you requested. If the cookie is not found, then you receive the prompt asking to accept or decline the mobile theme if you're on a mobile device.

Make sure you're actually deleting the cookie. Logging out is not enough. Some browsers will protect "favorites" from having their cookies deleted so that's one possible area. Another is that if you try to view a link/bookmark with the mobile domain or styleid=132 behind the URL, you're likely to get the mobile theme regardless.

The process is pretty much the same as it was with the old mobile theme.

Perhaps this is an issue with a specific browser(s) and may be why it works for some and not others. It may help to indicate what browser you have if you have tried the above with unsuccessful results.

Samsung Galaxy3 phone, default app worked until yesterday evening, option to not use the mobile app (cancel or okay) I selected cancel and did not use the mobile app. Today it still does allow the default view or non app view, even deleted the book mark

cleared the cookies, history, and data out of the browser

recycled the phone

Any ideas?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:59 PM
J T
IB Staff

I'm a little confused. You said you selected cancel when given the prompt and that you did not use the mobile app. That sounds normal? When you select Cancel you will be directed to the non-mobile (normal app) theme that would be also used when you browse from a desktop.

You then say that, today, it still allows default view or non app view.

Sorry, not sure I'm following your specific concern?

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
Samsung Galaxy3 phone, default app worked until yesterday evening, option to not use the mobile app (cancel or okay) I selected cancel and did not use the mobile app. Today it still does allow the default view or non app view, even deleted the book mark

cleared the cookies, history, and data out of the browser

recycled the phone

Any ideas?
Old 09-20-2012, 06:11 PM
RAREBLU1
Instructor

Samsung Galaxy3 phone also, loged out cleared cache, cookies, history and deleted bookmarks. Googled back to the main CF page and worked fine and i could see the full site on the fourm looked great. then i logged in and it took me to the mobile site
Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 PM
J T
IB Staff

If you click on the following link with your phone, do you remain with the C5 (full desktop) theme?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/index.php?styleid=5

Originally Posted by RAREBLU1
Samsung Galaxy3 phone also, loged out cleared cache, cookies, history and deleted bookmarks. Googled back to the main CF page and worked fine and i could see the full site on the fourm looked great. then i logged in and it took me to the mobile site
Old 09-20-2012, 07:17 PM
yellowvette837
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03 thru'19
Tampa Events Princess
2015 C6 of Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by J T
If you click on the following link with your phone, do you remain with the C5 (full desktop) theme?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/index.php?styleid=5
This link takes you to the mobile site, even after clearing cookies, cache, history and not using a favorites.

I ALWAYS click cancel when it asks me about the mobile site, but yesterday I was not asked, I was just taken directly to the mobile site.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:35 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I just tried...I get the Main Forum page...I login and it redirects me to mobile site and default doesn't work....no other option.

The only thing I see normal is the main page after that....all mobile site
Old 09-20-2012, 09:37 PM
RAREBLU1
Instructor

yup click cancel when it whats to go to the mobile site, them past the main page then it goes to the mobile and no why to go back without clearing the cookies. Even after checking not to accept cookies it goes to mobile without asking anything.

Get notified of new replies

To mobile version

Quick Reply: mobile version