Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Thread indicator, form skin, and sig

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Default Thread indicator, form skin, and sig

Is there anyway to have a indicator next to the threads that you have posted in? I post on multiple threads and when I come back to look at them I can't remember the thread name. On other sites that i'm on basically if you post in a particular thread it has like a curve arrow or something to indicate that you have posted. Figured that would be easier than subscribing to every thread cause that is just annoying.

Also is there any possibility of getting new forum skins? Just a way for individuals to change things up from the norm.

Lastly why don't sigs post in every post? Maybe its just this site and something I have to get used to but i'm used to sigs posting in every post and not having to manually add it by clicking on the show sig thing.

Thanks!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:41 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You must manually select the Show Signature input box whenever you want to display your signature. This is because CorvetteForum Administration requests that signatures be used one time per, per member, per thread to prevent cluttering the thread with the same signatures from the same members. Please see the policy below:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...ature-use.html

CorvetteForum offers multiple skins, one per each generation. You can change it by using the bottom-left, or top-right, drop-down menu to select a skin based on a Corvette generation.

As far as the thread indicator, that was disabled on Corvette Forum a few years(?) ago because it can contribute to used resources and it doesn't scale well with large data. The My Recent Topics can be used to view recent activity in thread you participated in, or you can use the Subscription feature with no email notification to also keep track of new activity in threads you participated or simply subscribed to.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

I saw the drop down menu and used it but it doesn't change background or font color.

Not here to criticize or anything because I love the site but if large sites like ls1tech could utilize the thread indicator I don't see why CF can't.

I live with the sig situation and any others but just figured I'd at least ask.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:14 PM
J T
IB Staff

Regarding the thread notification, I will look into it to see if anything has changed since it was disabled quite some time ago.

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I saw the drop down menu and used it but it doesn't change background or font color.

Not here to criticize or anything because I love the site but if large sites like ls1tech could utilize the thread indicator I don't see why CF can't.

I live with the sig situation and any others but just figured I'd at least ask.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

I see the indicator is in use. Its so much easier to look for post i've made now.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:02 PM
J T
IB Staff

Yup, the topic was revisited and the feature enabled.
Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I see the indicator is in use. Its so much easier to look for post i've made now.

Get notified of new replies

To Thread indicator, form skin, and sig

Quick Reply: Thread indicator, form skin, and sig