Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Issues posting photobucket slideshow HELP?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Makai2200
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues posting photobucket slideshow HELP?!?

I've been at this since 9:30 this morning and am at my wits end

Here's the problem, i made a slideshow on Photobucket i pasted the required code onto the forum and the "live" slideshow is not showing up.
I get the BIG box with the little box in the upper lefthand corner with the circle/square/triange in it. So i know i'm kind of close.

(i even tried all 5 codes to see if maybe i was using the wrong one)

Remedies i've tried:

1) Searching on CF for 'slideshow help' (nothing)

2) "PhotoBucket Forum" when i login to post my problem, it says invalid password, yes, i clicked forgot password...so it could be emailed to me, and i've been waiting for 3 hours! YES i checked my spam folder as well...nothing! (note: PB forum pw and PB pw are different) I can log into photobucket, just not the PB forum.

3) Sent PB "contact us" an email asking how to login to PB Forums...still waiting for answer

4) I noticed at the very bottom of the threads theres a box on the left side that has BB code "on" smilies "on" img "on" html "OFF" I'm wondering if the HTML code being "off" is my problem?
Went into "user control panel" and cannot find how to turn it on.

5)Cleared cache,cookies.

I can get a thumbnail that you click and it takes you to the slideshow via PB, but i don't want it posted that way. I want it to be right there live when you open the thread.

At this point i'm almost bald from ripping my hair out...can someone PLEASE help me post a Photobucket slideshow?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:09 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A few things to note.

1) You cannot use the YouTube tag, as you attempted to do so as appears by your post in the HOWTO: Embed Youtube Videos thread. This is because CorvetteForum defined the YouTube tag specifically to play YouTube videos. This was done in BB code, since HTML is disabled.

2) HTML is disabled for all and that is a standard practice on most forums due to the fact that HTML is a security risk and can be abused.

CorvetteForum can rewrite certain HTML code into BB code, which is easily controlled by CorvetteForum. This allows certain, approved, HTML tags to be used without actually having HTML enabled via BB code. This is how the YouTube BB tag is used on Corvette Forum. CorvetteForum took the YouTube HTML code and wrote it in BB code. You will not be able to use the YouTube tag for your purposes. It contains YouTube specific strings.

I don't think you're going to be able to accomplish your goals without requiring the user to click on the link. Not only is there security issues involved with some of these decisions, but if certain HTML and BB code was made available, it could be abused in the form of annoying other members - such as having an audio clip play when a thread is opened. Or worse, infecting one's computer.

Last edited by J T; 04-26-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Makai2200
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J T
A few things to note.

1) You cannot use the YouTube tag, as you attempted to do so as appears by your post in the HOWTO: Embed Youtube Videos thread. This is because CorvetteForum defined the YouTube tag specifically to play YouTube videos. This was done in BB code, since HTML is disabled.

2) HTML is disabled for all and that is a standard practice on most forums due to the fact that HTML is a security risk and can be abused.

CorvetteForum can rewrite certain HTML code into BB code, which is easily controlled by CorvetteForum. This allows certain, approved, HTML tags to be used without actually having HTML enabled via BB code. This is how the YouTube BB tag is used on Corvette Forum. CorvetteForum took the YouTube HTML code and wrote it in BB code. You will not be able to use the YouTube tag for your purposes. It contains YouTube specific strings.

I don't think you're going to be able to accomplish your goals without requiring the user to click on the link. Not only is there security issues involved with some of these decisions, but if certain HTML and BB code was made available, it could be abused in the form of annoying other members - such as having an audio clip play when a thread is opened. Or worse, infecting one's computer.
Thanx for all that info JT....wow, no wonder i don't have any hair left! It was never gonna happen to begin with!

I wonder if i contact whoever is in charge of the BB codes and ask if they can create one for Photobucket slideshows if they would do it?

Or is it even possible? These slide shows are for a supporting vendor on here. I think a slideshow at the top of his threads would be much better than posting a bunch of pix over several pages. Do you happen to know who i would contact regarding this issue?
Thanx for your time?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:29 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You would probably be best contacting Jim (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...-savewave.html) as he's one of the main Administrators on CF with the proper abilities.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Makai2200
Burning Brakes

Ok great...i sent him a PM...thanx for the help...i hope he can help me out some <praying>

Get notified of new replies

To Issues posting photobucket slideshow HELP?!?

Quick Reply: Issues posting photobucket slideshow HELP?!?