Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Ogden (TEAM) Chevy Service Dept - Help - I MISS JASON!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 12:18 PM
RandyVettes
Life's Short. Drive Hard.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'09

Default Ogden (TEAM) Chevy Service Dept - Help - I MISS JASON!

Dropped my 90 off a week ago. 8,000 miles ago I paid over a grand for a new DERM. It was a fix for the common 90 airbag light problem. Well the light is on again, plus the ride control lights never come on at ignition or start-up, and the tire sensor lights come on when I hit a bump - but I dont have sensors! Anyway, after a week they still haven't looked at it! Do they have a Vette mechanic? Should I get it out of there? Anyone know anything about them these days? Thanks!
Old 06-26-2004, 01:58 PM
icemansnow1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ogden (TEAM) Chevy Service Dept - Help - I MISS JASON! (RandyVettes)

We just took our 04 in that we brought from them because the fuel gauge will drop off sometimes and say we dont have any fuel and even after it happened and we showed them what it was doing we went to pick it up because they still hadnt done anything with it and they just said "yea I dont know what was going on but it wasnt doing it for us" and they "lost" our car in one of the bays even after i told em where it was.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:52 AM
Stilcrazee
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Ogden (TEAM) Chevy Service Dept - Help - I MISS JASON! (RandyVettes)

Guys, to my knowledge they do not have a Vette tech. You would do well to pick up your cars and move to Bil Kay, Sunrise in Glendale Heights or Schaumburg.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:02 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Ogden (Stilcrazee)

Yea there are alot of problems going on at Ogden/Team right now.. next week the techs may be on strike... the owner is cleaning house and most of the management has been replaced already and the parts personal as well... next sounds like the techs.. Basically why I got out of that dealer.. I was hired by the new owner, but I didn't like how he was treating people around there..

If you have your car there the only person I would have touch it is Louis M. he was the original vette tech before Jason Smith.. he really doesn't want to service them anymore however but he knows C4's well.. so I would talk to him. He works only part time. Sorry to hear about your issues..

-Rick
Old 06-27-2004, 10:10 AM
COBrien
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

Default Re: Ogden (VetteTech81)

I agree, if you're going to go to Ogden/Team, then make sure Louis is the guy looking at the car. But since he's usually not around, I'd suggest finding some place new.

We took Raina's car in to Ogden a few weeks ago for a misfire - turned out to be a bad plug wire, which they replaced. Unfortunately the guy who did it (not Louis) was apparently having a hard time getting the wire connected (#7, which is a pain to get to), so he decided to remove the heat shield from the end of the wire to get more room. We never bothered to check it (come on, it's a plug wire, how hard is it!?!?!), with the expected result that the rubber insulation on the wire melted on the header primary, and a week after this "repair" it shorted out and the car had to go in again. We got Louis to fix it this time, but I think it's time to find somewhere else to go.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Ogden (COBrien)

Yeah, i hear you guys OGDEN CHEVY is pretty much toast these days and LOUIS M is the only guy there you can even consider touching your baby. I am now going to SUNRISE Chevy in Glendale Heights and they have recently serviced both my vettes and have really taken care of me well!!!

The vette tech is a young cool guy, John Gongola, who drives a big HP red VIPER and is a major gearhead himself. He seems to know his stuff and just replaced my rear end diff. in the 427 car and also had the tranny out, etc. The service manager i dealt with, LOU GOUTIEREZ, is also a really nice guy. THey have my bussiness now for warranty work, etc. and our straight on north avenue a mile or two west of I-355!

[Modified by MTI 427 Roadster, 2:05 PM 6/27/2004]
Old 06-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Z QQH 6
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Ogden (MTI 427 Roadster)

I will add to this Kevin@ Bernard Chevrolet in Libertyville. A bit of a ride but worth it. They took in my 01Z for reringing when I was having problems with many other dealers. Easy to deal with and the job was done right.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:53 AM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

Default Re: Ogden (Z QQH 6)

I will add to this Kevin@ Bernard Chevrolet in Libertyville. A bit of a ride but worth it. They took in my 01Z for reringing when I was having problems with many other dealers. Easy to deal with and the job was done right.
plus he has his own shop HP PERFORMANCE CORVETTES IN MUNDELEIN IL link at the bottom of my sig

Last edited by johnnyvettes; 07-22-2004 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Jason Smith
Advanced

Hey guys,

I miss the cars alot, but not the bs at the dealer. Sorry for all of your inconviences.
jason
Old 06-28-2004, 06:44 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Ogden (Jason Smith)

Hey guys,

I miss the cars alot, but not the bs at the dealer. Sorry for all of your inconviences.
jason
Hi Jason! Hows everything over in IN...
-Rick
Old 06-30-2004, 08:34 AM
c5vetteman
Drifting

Hey VetteTech81, since Jason is no longer in the area, I'll be contacting you to do my oil change in about a month's time.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:51 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Ogden (c5vetteman)

No Problem...
-Rick
Old 07-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Monster231
Safety Car

Hey Jason, Whats up!!!! We need you back. Ogden use to be the place to now it sucks Louis is great over there but he'll be the fisrt to tell ya, he's on his way out. The other guy is a total idiot, I took him there to fix a misfire, and he replaced the power steering cooler then he dented it then he for got to plug in three harnesses
Old 07-05-2004, 11:30 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Ogden (Monster231)

Hey Jason, Whats up!!!! We need you back. Ogden use to be the place to now it sucks Louis is great over there but he'll be the fisrt to tell ya, he's on his way out. The other guy is a total idiot, I took him there to fix a misfire, and he replaced the power steering cooler then he dented it then he for got to plug in three harnesses
Yep thats the level of workmanship that you could come to expect from a dealership that doesnt want to pay it's techs, and treats them like crapolla. Most the techs there know what there doing and have a clue.. so I'm not flaming on them. I just feel bad at what has happend to such a nice place to work and over cool dealership. it just went to HE|_|_ when the took over..
-Rick
Old 07-19-2004, 12:03 PM
RandyVettes
Life's Short. Drive Hard.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'09

Good News: GM is paying for the repair.
Bad News: Car is still there after a month and mechanics are on strike.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:17 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RandyVettes
Good News: GM is paying for the repair.
Bad News: Car is still there after a month and mechanics are on strike.

Thats cool that GM will pay for it..

As for the strike.. another reason why I left..
-Rick
Old 07-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Liberty2000
Instructor

I heard pretty much the same thing. It looks like the new owner figures to make the money on car sales and not on serviice and parts. Because my Corvette is no longer under warranty I take mine to D&M on Ogden Avenue in Downers Grove. Service has been great with everything done promptly and done right. But I suppose if I had to take it to a dealer I would probably go to Bill Kay Chevy.

Get notified of new replies

To Ogden (TEAM) Chevy Service Dept - Help - I MISS JASON!

Old 07-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Jason Smith
Advanced

the techs are on strike over at ogden. If you are in the neighborhood drive buy and show your support for them. The owner thinks he can train monkeys to fix cars. Let him try. He does not care about customer service, and that is what we were. I sure do miss it there.

jason
Old 07-23-2004, 01:50 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jason Smith
the techs are on strike over at ogden. If you are in the neighborhood drive buy and show your support for them. The owner thinks he can train monkeys to fix cars. Let him try. He does not care about customer service, and that is what we were. I sure do miss it there.

jason

Basically summed it up.. show your support..
-Rick
Old 07-26-2004, 12:05 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

[QUOTE=Z QQH 6]I will add to this Kevin@ Bernard Chevrolet in Libertyville. A bit of a ride but worth it. They took in my 01Z for reringing when I was having problems with many other dealers. Easy to deal with and the job was done right. [/QUOTE
and I actually purchased my vette from them too. First week I had it , there was a short in the drivers side power seat,,kinda scary because it would move on it's own while I was driving!!,,move all the way up then back..imgaine that while trying to clutch and shift/steer ...ANYWAY they fixed it , no problem no hassle.

Quick Reply: Ogden (TEAM) Chevy Service Dept - Help - I MISS JASON!