Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 07:35 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

Default awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ????

awful quiet on great lakes lately ! where is everyone at ????
tabasco
truck guy
mti 427 roadster
icemansnow1
lil trouble
co brian
any body i missed ?? :eek: :yesnod: :nonod:

[Modified by johnnyvettes, 6:38 PM 10/27/2003]
Old 10-27-2003, 08:00 PM
greggc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (johnnyvettes)

Winters rolling in.............I guess we are all getting ready to do our "winter projects" on our cars............by October all events, cruises ect......are over cept for the swap meets...........there are quite a few swap meets listed in Crusin' News........
Old 10-27-2003, 08:13 PM
WisconsinVETTE
Race Director

Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (johnnyvettes)

Winter is comin' and I know in the midwest that means a lot of things. Getting everything ready for snow :sad: ,football :yesnod: hunting :thumbs: and the vettes are garage bound :cry .

Hope to get down to Chi Town for vette fest or whatever it is called. See you all there :seeya
Old 10-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Kwiksilver01
Racer

Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (WisconsinVETTE)

Hey Joe
Are you and the young lady going to put the Z06 in the show Let me know Lisa and I will be there. Scott :rofl:
Old 10-27-2003, 11:37 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ????

Yea I was thinking the same thing.. guess it's just that time of year again.. oh well, I plan on doing my mods during winter. while its in my garage for storage, I'll probably be tearing into it then..
-Rick
Old 10-28-2003, 01:20 AM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (VetteTech81)

Working too much... not playing enough. :nono:
Old 10-28-2003, 11:58 AM
WisconsinVETTE
Race Director

Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (Kwiksilver01)

Hey Scott

sent you an IM
Old 10-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (WisconsinVETTE)

YEAH JOHNNY,

Just that time of the year buddy with no more car shows, get togethers & events left and winter coming! :banghead: Need to plan for winter upgrades as the Z07 is slamming the rev limiter and clutches slipping on the 2/3 WOT shift. Looks like its time for a new tranny this winter! :banghead: :banghead:
Also Johnny, sure you would be interested to hear that i just dyno tuned my 454 Big BLock 69 camaro last week and that bad boy dynoed at 469rwhp and over 480rwtq which equates to over 600HP/TQ at the crank. The camaro is running alot stronger as we picked up about 30rwhp and 90 fts lbs at the wheels. Ironically it is making about the identical power at the wheels as the Z07.

Thanks to Powerhouse Performance for setting me up with an excellent old school hot rod pro out of Chicago Ridge who has a great above ground dyno jet. HMMMM<could this be the location for our next dyno get together in the Spring! :yesnod: :cheers: :cool:

[Modified by MTI 427 Roadster, 4:29 PM 10/28/2003]
Old 10-28-2003, 05:43 PM
LT-4 CE
Race Director

Location: Everyday you must choose between the pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Fredericktown, OH
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (Patrick96LT4)

Working too much... not playing enough. :nono:
Ain't it the truth!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:50 AM
icemansnow1
Instructor

Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (LT-4 CE)

Well I dont know about you guys but me and the pops have been gearing up for what hopes to be a very cold and snowy winter..Been busy trying to ****** up all the snow plowing accounts we can. :cheers: :cheers: :smash:
Old 10-29-2003, 09:52 AM
RandyVettes
Life's Short. Drive Hard.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'09

Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (icemansnow1)

Just stored the 69 and 90 for the winter. No car suff going on. And like above - too much work and not enough play.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:57 AM
ROJO99
Melting Slicks

Here in Southern Ohio I have a small group heading to the track this weekend :D . My car a Daily Driver (excluding snow and salt), so there will be no rest for the Vette. :flag
Old 10-29-2003, 01:48 PM
96KICKS
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

I'm here! :) Had the vette out today, weather said cloudy today. JUST pulled it into the garage, and it started to rain little itty bitty hard frozen white snow type *****. Hail ***** maybe? Talk about luck! Where's the nice fall days? Ya know, cool temps, but sunny and breezy. :banghead:
Old 10-30-2003, 12:29 PM
non-poster
Racer

and the vettes are garage bound
Maybe for you! No storing mine... No snow, no salt = drive! :cheers:
Old 10-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (non-poster)

and the vettes are garage boundMaybe for you! No storing mine... No snow, no salt = drive! :cheers:

I'm with you brother!!!! :iagree: :iagree: Lift is too short not to enjoy your vette/toys as much as humanly possible!!!! :cheers: When there is not rain, snow, ice, or salt on the ground, i am out cruising and enjoying my babies! :steering: :yesnod: :auto:
Old 10-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Rocketblock
Drifting

Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (MTI 427 Roadster)

Going to haul mine out in the snow and go to Florida in January for the CorvetteForum event at Disney World. Be brave... go for it... see ya there! :yesnod:
Old 10-30-2003, 08:58 PM
WisconsinVETTE
Race Director

Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ???? (Rocketblock)

That would be nice to take a trip to FL in January. Wish I could make it.

Up here after the snow is on the ground the roads are white and it is from all the salt on the road. No way am I driving the vette on the salt roads. I drive in the rain without thinking twice but the salt is hard on cars. I have seen rust on cars that are less than a year old after 1 winter. It doesnt help that we have a foundry here that uses sand molds to pour steel. You can only use the sand once so it is junk and they spread it on the roads with the salt. Well this sand has small amounts of steel in it and the stuff sticks to the cars and rusts. It sucks.

Get notified of new replies

To awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ????

Quick Reply: awful quiet on greatlakes lately ! where is everyone at ????