Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 to 0, top of the 8th and 6 outs away from clinching the NATIONAL LEAGUE CENTRAL PENNANT CHAMPIONS! GOTTA FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! #1 and GOING ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :smash: :cheers: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :smash: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag

[Modified by MTI 427 Roadster, 6:31 PM 9/27/2003]
Old 09-27-2003, 07:07 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (MTI 427 Roadster)

:cheers: :thumbs: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Old 09-27-2003, 07:36 PM
icemansnow1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (johnnyvettes)

Man Jimmy your crazy, I thought I would be the first one to make a post on the CUBBIES...... Well they won and on behalf of AKSNOW1 I would like to say CONGRATS and bring on the braves!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :smash: :smash: :party: :party: :party: :party: :thumbs: :thumbs: :hurray: :hurray:
Old 09-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (icemansnow1)

CASEY :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a great time to go out with your FOLKS tonight for a little CELEBRATION on behalf of those AMAZING CUBBIES!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cool: :cool: :cool: I'LL hav a few drinks for you buddy!!!!! :eek:

See ya tommorrow morning DUDE!!!!! :auto: :hurray: :party: :steering: :chevy
Old 09-27-2003, 07:56 PM
icemansnow1
Instructor

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (MTI 427 Roadster)

AMEN BROTHER :smash: :smash: :lol: :lol: Have fun!!!!!! It looks like I might try and make it downtown tonight to join in the festivities!!!! :grouphug: :party: :party: :party: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 09-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Sweet98
Instructor

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (icemansnow1)

Fluke :)
Old 09-29-2003, 04:29 PM
86_RedRider
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor '03 & '05

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sweet98)

go tigers!!! :jester
Old 09-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Karl_in_Chicago
Racer

2 playoff tix to Braves vs. Cubs at the "Ted" - $56.50
Roundtrip airfare via UAL from ORD to ATL - $236.00
Seeing the Cubs in postseason - Priceless :D

And staying at my sister's for free! :cool:

Go Cubs Go (and thanks to the cheeseheads for beating the Astros - makes the thumping the Pack's gonna give the Bears tonite a little more tolerable)

[Modified by Karl_in_Chicago, 4:24 PM 9/29/2003]
Old 09-30-2003, 12:36 PM
BIG LAW MAN
Drifting

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Karl_in_Chicago)

I was there for both games and the all night party that happened after them! :cheers: :crazy: :party:
Old 09-30-2003, 06:05 PM
icemansnow1
Instructor

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BIG LAW MAN)

Big game tonight.. ROOT FOR THE GOOD GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :smash: :smash:
Old 09-30-2003, 08:43 PM
NICEDRV
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my cub flag flying high. I watch both games at Murphy's on Saturday, bleacher tickets were going for 200.
Do you know how much beer you can drink for that. :cheers:
Old 10-01-2003, 12:12 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NICEDRV)

GAME 1: CUBBIES 4, Bad Guys 2
GAME 2: CUBBIES 3, Bad Guys 5 (series tied at 1 each)

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE BABY, YOU GOTTA BELIEVE BABY, YOU GOTTA BELIEVE! :cheers: :cheers: :eek: :eek: :yesnod: :yesnod: :lol: :lol: :chevy :chevy :party: :party: :hurray: :hurray: :auto: :auto: :steering: :steering: :smash: :smash: :crazy: :crazy: :yesnod: :yesnod: :seeya :seeya

[Modified by MTI 427 Roadster, 9:42 PM 10/1/2003]
Old 10-01-2003, 01:31 PM
BIG LAW MAN
Drifting

Hell yeah....and I will be at Friday and Saturday home games!!!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 02:06 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BIG LAW MAN)

WILL:

Any leads on some tickets i could get my hands on for a not TOO EXORBERANT PRICE! :eek: :cheers:
Old 10-02-2003, 04:07 PM
Karl_in_Chicago
Racer

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NICEDRV)

I have my cub flag flying high. I watch both games at Murphy's on Saturday, bleacher tickets were going for 200.
Do you know how much beer you can drink for that. :cheers:
A heck of a lot more if you go to a real bar instead of Murphy's! Do they still charge $5 for a 12 oz can of domestic beer there?
Old 10-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Karl_in_Chicago
Racer

GAME 1: CUBBIES 4, Bad Guys 2
GAME 2: CUBBIES 3, Bad Guys 5 (series tied at 1 each)
Yeah, the Braves "fans" weren't saying jack after Game 1. After Game 2, however, their liquid courage got some of them (most are nice people, just like us, they are just misguided :blueangel: ) to try and hassle me and my brother as we were walking out of the Ted back to the parking lot. Some well chosen words got rid of most but this one dumbazz wouldn't let up. Thing is - he wasn't making any sense! I finally turned around and said "Well, at least you guys finally figured out why they built all those extra seats, huh?" (Wednesday was an all time attendance record for the Atlanta version of the Braves @ 52K+, usually they are lucky to draw 40K for the playoff!). He was speechless for a while and his friend was laughing at him and then he tried to give it a go but it was like after you've suffered the ultimate diss in the dozens - he had no game. Even his friend told him if you can't even say somthing that makes sense, shut up. Then everyone, Braves and Cubs fans, was laughing at him. I told him you waited all year and that's your best game? Why don't you just stop now and start working on next year's heckles?

Weird park, a little too circus-y, but nice sightlines. Beer is $7 - SEVEN - dollars!!! :eek: Took a peek at some of the food offerings. 21 different versions of hot dogs - and I bet they all suck. :lol: Then I saw the ultimate - a BBQ sandwich, pork or brisket, for $9.50! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Prior vs. Maddux Friday night - fans will be all over Maddux. And I will be at Saturday's game for the clincher! Gotta find some Matt Clement chin-hair to wear. :cool:
Old 10-02-2003, 04:23 PM
icemansnow1
Instructor

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Karl_in_Chicago)

:lol: :lol: :lolg: :lolg: I love that comment you made about the seats.....Thats just great :thumbs: :thumbs: :lolg: :lolg:

Get notified of new replies

To HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2003, 08:03 PM
BIG LAW MAN
Drifting

WILL:

Any leads on some tickets i could get my hands on for a not TOO EXORBERANT PRICE! :eek: :cheers:
Nope....brokers are the only ones with the tix now. You will pay through the azz for them.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:30 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

How bout them Cubs!! I am going to friday's AND sats game. Sat should be the game to be at. Great pitching for friday though. :party: :party: :party: :party:
Old 10-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (intel55)

INTEL:

What, you forget about your friends dude? What am i chopped liver! :yesnod: :lol:

Quick Reply: HOW ABOUT THEM FREAKIN CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!