Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Michigan Engine builder

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 08:22 AM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Re: Michigan Engine builder (95Purple)

There is a place in Waterford called LSM that builds motors. My friend has his in their shop and he seems real happy with them.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:53 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Michigan Engine builder

I'm glad I found this topic, I'm just beginning to shop around for a shop to do some work this summer. I'm curious if someone can give me a ballpark figure (budgetary quote, if you will) on the price to do one of two things: open the motor up to a 383 (including all necessary labor) or simply work over my 350 and squeeze every last pony from her. At this time I don't want any forced induction as I'm not ready for decreased reliability on the track.

Rippie and LPE charge $9-15K for a crate motor, what can I expect to pay for a rebuild of mine locally? My only reference is that a Mustang buddy of mine spent about $4K to redo his 302 (retaining stock displacement) at Paul's automotive in Cinci, OH. This particular 1988 mustang walked my ~13.2 second 1993 C4 like a dog just last Sunday...

TIA for any help.

Old 06-06-2003, 05:17 PM
blktie8
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Michigan Engine builder (95Purple)

Call Matt G. and get a quote from ARE if you want it done right once!

Quick Reply: Michigan Engine builder