Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

70th Corvette Anniversary Celebration Pontiac Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2023, 04:32 PM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
East MI Events Coordinator

Default 70th Corvette Anniversary Celebration Pontiac Michigan

Hello, I have started this email hundreds of times. Thanks for your patience.

If you are interested in any of these events, please let me know.

Our plans have changed slightly this year. More may happen.

Verna and I have organized Corvette Events and Caravans for 19 years. We thank everyone for all their help and support.

Places and dates:

April 27-29BASH at the National Corvette Museum. We arrive on Wednesday the 26th. We have a block of rooms still available until March 26 at the Drury Inn. 145 per night. Verna and I will be in the tent outside at the 2024 Caravan Table stop by and say hello. You may want to check out Simply Corvettes Facebook page. Tux has a Charity Cruise on Thursday night that is a lot of fun and Friday we meet at Chewy’s.

July 15, 2023, Verna and I will be celebrating the 70th anniversary of Corvette at the M1 Concourse in Pontiac, Michigan. There is cars and coffee early in the morning so our event really starts at 11:30 AM. with a People’s Choice Car Show, there will be seminars with special guest speakers in the Event Center. Raffles, and commemorative 70th Anniversary T-shirts for sale.

An additional part of the celebration will be an evening reception dinner in the event center. The dinner will be catered by Andiamo, and they have assembled a terrific menu. Preceding dinner will be guest speakers. One of the best Corvette Historians I know is Jerry Burton. He is one of the speakers. Jerry has written many books on Corvette, including the 50th and 60th Anniversary Corvette Book, and a book on Zora.

If you really know Verna and me, you know that all of the proceeds from this day’s event will go to local charities. We are now a Michigan Corporation and a 501c3 non-profit organization.

July 16Gilmore Museum Cruise to attend the Corvette and Camaro Event. We will meet in the parking lot at Matick Chevrolet at 8 AM and will leave by 9 AM and will arrive at Gilmore around 11. Unless you participate in the car show that day, you will have plenty of time to see everything. If people want, we can caravan home together and stop for dinner. We have some time to figure that out.

August 16 & 17 Corvettes on Woodward I will have more information soon on what will happen on Wednesday the 16th. The GM Heritage Center is moving to Grand Blanc and will not reopen until next year. We will be going to Pratt Miller and the Lingenfelter Collection on Thursday. As usual, space is limited at Pratt Miller to 30 Cars. I really need to know if you plan to attend. I am working on the tours schedule to Pratt Miller.

DREAM CRUISE WEEKEND IS FRIDAY AUGUST 18 AND SATURDAY AUGUST 19. Please check out the website for the M1 Concourse in Pontiac. They are having a really special weekend. When you sign up for the car show you may be chosen for the special 70 Corvette exhibit, they are having. Yes, one of every year Corvette will be on display, including the 1983 from the Corvette Museum. All cars registered will be in the People’s Choice award show. Each registered car will receive 2 event tickets for Friday. When entering the show please use the CODE CORVETTE 23. a PORTION OF THE SHOW FEE WILL BE DONATED TO OUR CHARITIES. Enter early, the show will limit to 1000 cars.

The Saturday event is an in and out day. Or you can stay all day. There will be a huge CORVETTE CORRAL at the M!.

Thanks, Larry & Verna Courtney MichiganCorvetteEvents@gmail.com

Last edited by Dreamcruiser1977; 05-20-2023 at 03:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Quick Silver Z (03-25-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 04:05 PM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

I made a few changes to the event on July 15 at the M1 Concourse. Gary Pratt, Pratt Miller will be hosting a seminar on Corvette Racing. The seminar will be inside the event center. Time will be announced soon. He is also bring some racing artifacts to auction, with proceeds going to the food pantry. The evening reception is becoming really special. During the day I expect over 1000 Corvettes.
Old 05-22-2023, 04:27 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 189 Likes on 91 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Hi Larry, do you have any more info on the evening reception, ticket info. etc. Thanks
Old 06-09-2023, 11:19 PM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

to register and get tickets I have set up an Eventbrite site https://www.eventbrite.com/e/70th-co...dssbdestsearch

Get notified of new replies

To 70th Corvette Anniversary Celebration Pontiac Michigan

Quick Reply: 70th Corvette Anniversary Celebration Pontiac Michigan