Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

announcement; Restoration Station Fall Colors Road Tour

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 06:18 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Default announcement; Restoration Station Fall Colors Road Tour

from Jeff Bernhardt;
The Restoration Station’s Annual Fall Colors All-Corvette Road Tour is in the books. With this being the 23rd year for our event, Covid-19 has taken it to an early end of a 25-year planned run. I am very grateful for the new friends I have made, to the people that have travelled from great distances, and to the volunteers that worked without hesitating. I am in awe that this event went from 35 cars the first year to over 350 cars these last years. I will always have fond memories of the third Sunday in October!

I can fully understand Jeffs decision to end the event for good; I will always have the good memories of it.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:57 PM
Z28ImpalaSS
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Old 09-13-2020, 08:06 PM
Z28ImpalaSS
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Man that really sucks. This was an awesome event that Jeff put on every year. I can only hope that he reconsiders.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:42 PM
Edmund Iverson
Burning Brakes

Received 644 Likes on 349 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

This is absolutely crushing. Another blow to one of our great Corvette get-togethers, even worse, I only got to attend one, which was apparently the last one. Thanks to Jeff and the Restoration Station crew for putting it on in the past, and hope they reconsider for the years yet to come.

Last edited by Edmund Iverson; 03-11-2022 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:15 PM
87 Ragtop
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
CI X Blind Auto-X Champ

I was literally just thinking about if this was still going on today. I was afraid that it might be cancelled this year but certainly didn't think it would end for good. I enjoyed the times I got to go on this tour and hated missing the last few years. Hope someone does bring it back!
The following 2 users liked this post by 87 Ragtop:
Edmund Iverson (10-09-2020), Mike Mercury (10-15-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 10:36 AM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,703 Likes on 1,277 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I was hoping to participate next year in my new C8. This sucks
The following users liked this post:
Edmund Iverson (10-09-2020)
Old 09-06-2021, 09:34 AM
MDeg
Racer

Received 484 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 87 Ragtop
I was literally just thinking about if this was still going on today. I was afraid that it might be cancelled this year but certainly didn't think it would end for good. I enjoyed the times I got to go on this tour and hated missing the last few years. Hope someone does bring it back!
I was also heartbroken to hear that the tour would end after a great run. The Restoration Station Cruise has been a staple in the Dayton area for over two decades, and we owe Jeff and the rest of the crew at RS a huge thank you for all of the work they have done to keep it alive over the years. With the Fall Colors tour coming to an end, we recognized that there is still a huge appetite for a Corvette cruise in the area, and wanted to find a way to not only keep this concept alive, but to take it to the next level. Through my role this year with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and in collaboration with Josh Palmer and the rest of the team at Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet of Beavercreek, we are excited to announce the first annual Driven By Hope cruise (Sept 26, 2021).

Driven by Hope will be open to Corvettes and GM muscle cars, and will feature an hour long cruise through the Greene County countryside, with help from local police. Prior to leaving, we will host a 3 hour meet at JS Beavercreek, with food trucks, vendors, and a DJ for your enjoyment. Raffle tickets will be included in vehicle registration, and afford you the chance to win the following prizes:

- Full vehicle detail by B Shiny Detailing
- 4 Ohio State Football tickets
-Vehicle photoshoot by Shutterfuel Media
-Gift basket by Dorothy Lane Market (valued at $300)

Most importantly, every dollar raised by Driven By Hope goes straight to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, an organization that I have been involved in since by diagnosis of non Hodgkins lymphoma many years ago. We look forward to raising a lot of money for an outstanding cause and establishing DBH as the premiere Corvette cruise in the state of Ohio for years to come. You can learn more about the event, pre-register, or RSVP by the following link, or by emailing drivenbyhopecruise@gmail.com :
https://fb.me/e/1LPx3OCB5

We look forward to seeing you on the 26th! Be sure to invite friends, family, and fellow club members.
-MD
The following 2 users liked this post by MDeg:
Mike Mercury (09-07-2021), Z28ImpalaSS (09-06-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To announcement; Restoration Station Fall Colors Road Tour

Quick Reply: announcement; Restoration Station Fall Colors Road Tour