Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Time 2 Switch Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 03:24 PM
Vikinglover42
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Time 2 Switch Tires

Hey gang......it's time to get rid of the stockers they have 10K on them and I'm tired of the countless rocks hitting the wells lol I cringe everytime. Looking for your input plz....my driving style is some back road twisties with some xtra throttle on occasion and a few road trips in the spring and summer. Headed to Corvette's on Carlisle the end of Aug and up to Traverse City area early fall maybe a few other trips in between unplanned for now. I live in SE MI and might go out for a run on some sunny fall days above 40deg.I have a '16 coupe w/Z51 pkg headers and a CAI rest is stock. I guess I'm headed toward and all season or ultra high perf here's my shortlist and then you guys can direct me with what you think or have expierience in running here in the weird Michigan weather lol

1) Hankook V12 EVO2's
2) Nitto 555 G2's
3) Michelin Pilot Sports AS3+ nonRF's

TIA Ross
Old 06-11-2020, 08:44 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12 Vet
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'13-'14-'15

You can't go wrong with the Michelin AS 3+ ZP. They are the current rage among enthusiasts.
The following users liked this post:
Vikinglover42 (06-11-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 02:49 PM
Vikinglover42
Instructor

Ok everybody calm down not everyone all at the same time please........
Old 06-14-2020, 11:24 AM
DRKCYDE
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In VII & IX Veteran

I was planning on going with the as3 runflats because I love to drive my car in feb and November, but got a great deal on Michelin PS2s. they are pretty soft. Softer you go= more rocks kicked into wheel wells.
Its like having a totally different car once I took off the original 8 year old stock Goodyear’s. The fronts were hard as granite, and the rears were down to belts.
Vikinglover42 (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 06:28 PM
Bimmervet
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

1) Hankook V12 EVO2's
2) Nitto 555 G2's
I had the Hankooks and was pleased with them. Huge improvement over the Goodyear Run flats. They handle great for the occasional autocross. I had them on my Z06. I just bought a 96 and bought the Nitto 555 G2 to replace the Michelin Pilot Sports that were on it. Much better ride however the Michelins were 8 years old. Very limited tire choice for the C4 17" no Hankooks. I have many friends that run autocross and the Michelin does handle better BUT it is a softer rubber compound and will throw rocks. I would go with the Hankooks they will work quite well for what you need.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:21 AM
Vikinglover42
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bimmervet
1) Hankook V12 EVO2's
2) Nitto 555 G2's
I had the Hankooks and was pleased with them. Huge improvement over the Goodyear Run flats. They handle great for the occasional autocross. I had them on my Z06. I just bought a 96 and bought the Nitto 555 G2 to replace the Michelin Pilot Sports that were on it. Much better ride however the Michelins were 8 years old. Very limited tire choice for the C4 17" no Hankooks. I have many friends that run autocross and the Michelin does handle better BUT it is a softer rubber compound and will throw rocks. I would go with the Hankooks they will work quite well for what you need.
Thank you for responding.......I appreciate ur feedback for sure. I've switched my thinking a little bit now I really like the Conti Extreme Contact DSW06's still haven't made up my mind lol but I really like the Hankook's and the price!
Old 06-19-2020, 08:42 PM
2002 C5
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been researching new tires as well, but I am looking for road course use, that's how I found this thread. I can tell you from online, in person, and personal experience, I found the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s to be probably the best option out there for "street" use, out side of the run flat series. I live in rural, and commute mostly on the highway to work. It is a rare day that I don't put the power and tires to work. When I made the final switch, it was the the PS4S. I have no regrets at all, they perform as advertised! The roads where I live now are a lot smoother than the east side of the state (I used to live on that side for 40+ years) , and I can open it up when I want to. There is also plenty of back roads where I can open it up as well. A picture of my collectors, and header wrap will prove that these tires will allow you to drive just about as "spirited" as you like, just watch out for the deer! LOL The price is worth it, don't buy on price, buy on performance that you expect and need. I am leaning very hard on going with the Pilot Sport Cup 2 over the Proxes R888R for the track. Buy once, cry once.... Hope this helps...
Vikinglover42 (06-22-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Time 2 Switch Tires

Quick Reply: Time 2 Switch Tires