Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Firearm enthusiasts; Benefit shoot

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 09:50 AM
LDB C5
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Firearm enthusiasts; Benefit shoot

I know that several of you are also firearm enthusiasts. There will be a benefit match (open to the public) at the Aurora Sportsman's Club in Waterman IL on Saturday 8/15 from 12:00 - 5:00 PM. A portion of the proceeds generated by the match will go to the Allen Lynch Medal of Honor Foundation. There will be food and beverages (donations requested) available, as well as a couple of interesting surprises!

As some of you know, I am a big supporter of our military and the men and women in uniform. I had the opportunity to meet and spend some time with Allen at the Heart of a Marine Ball, and can tell you that you will not meet a finer gentleman anywhere. His foundation is well worth your support! My company has offered to match, dollar for dollar the first $1,000.00 raised. Make me write a big check!

Come out, send a few rounds down range, and spend some time with a true American HERO! How often will you have the opportunity to meet and shoot with a Medal of Honor recipient??

PLEASE NOTE: The access roads to the ranges are not very Corvette friendly.

Last edited by LDB C5; 08-12-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,506 Likes on 1,014 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Thank Len, ASC is a fine organization and the Waterman site is big fun!
Old 08-12-2015, 01:23 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

To echo Len's post, this will be a great event!!! I am one of the guys who runs the Action Shooting department at ASC and I'm working closely with Allen Lynch and Len to assure we have a great event. To edit one thing on Len's post...... the event starts at 1pm but we ask that you be there around 12:30 so you can park, gather your gear and attend the mandatory safety brief at 12:45pm.

For those that cannot be there right at 12:30-12:45 there will be safety briefs done at the top and half of every hour so that anyone arriving during the event will get the opportunity to participate. The brief takes about 10 minutes. All participants much attend a safety brief before they will be allowed to shoot

What we plan to have available for participants:

3 total stages of shooting which consist of the following:

(1) Stage at 200 yds. for rifle which will let 2 participants shoot simultaneously from VTAC barricades. On this same range there will also be a .50BMG available to shoot for $5/shot

(2) Stages at 25yds that will be "shooter's choice" for either rifle or pistol

Stages will be $5/each to shoot.

These are stages that will have the shooter moving/manipulating barricades while firing, this is not some kind of boring, bench shooting!!! It's not often the general public can participate in this kind of action shooting so come out and take advantage of the opportunity!!! There will be multiple RO's on each stage helping novice/new shooters so don't be intimidated to come out and try something new, you won't meet a greater bunch of people who are involved in the shooting sports.

As Len mentioned there will be food on the grill and water available for a donation. I as well as a couple of other members will have extra rifles (M4's with red dot optics) available for participants to shoot. Ammo will be available for purchase (must be used on the range so we don't step into legality issues). You are also welcome to bring your own factory ammo (no reloads for loaner guns).

Things you will need:

*Ear/hearing protection
*Eye protection
*Appropriate clothing/footwear.... the ranges are gravel roads and grass ranges, don't wear flip flops or sandals.
*Sunblock
*Hydration (water will be available for a donation on site)

If you have questions..... post up and I will be happy to answer them!!

For directions/information on Aurora Sportsman's Club
http://www.aurorasc.org/

For more information on the Allen J. Lynch Foundation
http://www.ajlynchfoundation.org/
Old 08-15-2015, 02:38 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be out there as well Len & Mike!
Old 08-15-2015, 02:45 PM
Comfortably Numb
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default St Charles Gun Club

I've been looking to join the SC Gun Club and see that they've opened member ship up. I sent a few messages/requests out already.

If you're reading this and would consider sponsoring me I would appreciate the help.

I have a friend who is a member who'd serve as my main sponsor. I'm looking for a few co-sponsors.

Shoot Safe
Old 08-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Chip E.
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Dangit!!!
I saw this too late. Hope to see you folks on the range soon.

My wife and I operate TopShotAcademy.com (discounts for Corvette Owners). We primarily compete at Pine Tree Pistol Club in Rockford, and teach our CCW Classes at Cabelas in Hoffman Estates.

- chip
Old 08-16-2015, 08:43 AM
LDB C5
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Great day at ASC !!!

We raised some $$ for a great cause!

Mike: Thank you for all your help in getting this put together!

Rick: Great seeing you again!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:21 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LDB C5
Great day at ASC !!!

We raised some $$ for a great cause!

Mike: Thank you for all your help in getting this put together!

Rick: Great seeing you again!
Like wise.. I bought a few raffle tickets and shot the 50 cal and some suppressed firearms as well.. Actually Matt Mattatk89 I may have his screen name wrong were both out there.. shot practical rifle as well...

Get notified of new replies

To Firearm enthusiasts; Benefit shoot

Quick Reply: Firearm enthusiasts; Benefit shoot