Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Michigan Mile

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 05:42 PM
ToppThat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Michigan Mile

I just found out the hard way that the most legit looking event can turn out to be a scam. Alex Conley,sent a Email saying no refunds and no event. Keep this in mind,i know i will.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Witt748
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a joke. This Alex Conley sounds like a great guy .

From the Michigan Mile Forum:

http://themichiganmile.com/wordpress...77.0#postid-96

"For those who registered for this year's Michigan Mile race and are now wondering what happened, I'm sure you are just as angry as I am about how events have unfolded in the past couple of weeks. As you know, ZERO information has been given out as to the future of the event or if you will be able to get a refund of your registration fee. You might have also noticed that the Michigan Mile Facebook page has been removed. Because we have been given so little information, I decided to do some digging into the matter.

I started by calling W.K Kellogg Airport today. They gave me the name of the company that is operating the air show that was to be going on in conjunction with the Michigan Mile. I gave them a call and spoke to a woman and explained I was looking for information regarding the people who coordinated the event. At first, all she would say was the event was cancelled. It was obvious she did not want to talk about it, but I kept asking and finally she gave me me a phone number of the person they were working with on the Michigan Mile.

His name is Alex Conley. He also runs the website motokure.com. He is the one who sent out the cancellation notice via email to everyone, and he is the one that sent out the email a couple of days later saying Chris Sanchez was stepping down from the Michigan Mile. What you don't know is that part of the reason for this is that Alex has just accepted a position with Roush and he is moving to Detroit. The lady from the air show told me this. Funny how she knows that but we are left in the dark, huh? The truth is Alex wasn't just coordinating the Michgan Mile, he WAS the Michigan Mile. He was the only contact the air show had for coordinating both events. And now that he is starting a new job in another city, I very much doubt he has any interest in continuing the event.

What angers me is that he seems to have the intention to keep all of the registration fees for everyone that has already paid in full and not return them. I called him today and got his voicemail, I implored him to call me back to explain his side of this. I have not received a call back yet. If I don't hear from him in the next day or two, I may just make his phone number public on this forum so anyone who sees this can let him know how they feel about him cancelling this event and walking away with our money. I will update this thread with any information I obtain. If you did register for the event and want your money back, I already tried to file a grievance with Paypal. They won't get involved because no goods are physically exchanging hands. Hopefully you paid with a credit card and can consult them as to how to proceed. "
Old 07-08-2014, 04:53 PM
ToppThat
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks for trying. I sent numerous Emails to Conley and on 6/12 I contacted Director Barbara Haluszka at Barb@BCBallons.com and she blamed michigan mile.I hope Roush knows what a crook and scam artist they are getting. The money bugs me, but not as much as the time spent doing crazy things to my Z06 for a ***** out full mile.(And the will could of waited).
Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2014, 08:08 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 1,742 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

For those of you on Stalkerbook, Alex is going at it this morning with some of my Friends.

Facebook Page :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...age_fan_invite

And POOF he deleted his account,but the page above is worth checking out for anyone trying to get a refund etc.

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 07-09-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:39 AM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 91 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

And here I was bummed that I missed the deadline to signup for this event a while back.

What a jerk.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:55 PM
ToppThat
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by YLWFVR75
And here I was bummed that I missed the deadline to signup for this event a while back.

What a jerk.
I'm sorry I saw how professional Wannagofast was. And it being the 2nd year for Mich. Mile. I didn't suspect it was a farce.i paid in Febuary.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:41 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 1,742 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by ToppThat
I'm sorry I saw how professional Wannagofast was. And it being the 2nd year for Mich. Mile. I didn't suspect it was a farce.i paid in Febuary.
I sure hope they find a new venue, was looking forward to a return trip this fall.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:32 AM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 91 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
I sure hope they find a new venue, was looking forward to a return trip this fall.
You mean a new organizer? I would hope this crook doesn't try to schedule another event elsewhere
Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,009 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by YLWFVR75
You mean a new organizer? I would hope this crook doesn't try to schedule another event elsewhere
No, she is talking about Wannagofast (they lost the airport location).
Old 07-21-2014, 04:24 PM
ToppThat
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Quick Silver Z
No, she is talking about Wannagofast (they lost the airport location).
After seeing how wannagofast fast ran things the last two years. I hoped others would be as professional. Man was I wrong! I too wish they could run more events.

Get notified of new replies

To Michigan Mile

Quick Reply: Michigan Mile