Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

30 people shot in Chicago this weekend WARM WEATHER IS BACK !

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:53 AM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnFather
I live about 4 blocks from the city limits that's close enough for me . I don't need to live in the city to know its a hellhole .
Keep the suburban drug addicts, including kids & adults, away from the heroine dealers on the west side. Protect your suburb!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 04:18 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

I think we should put all the malcontents on an island somewhere and let 'em shoot it out amongst themselves. More air for us to breathe.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:17 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy frequently insists that warm weather does not cause shootings. However,the last week’s temperatures support the notion that a break from the cold brings gun-toting gang members back to the streets.

Vendettas, which were on ice over the long brutal winter, are hot and fresh again.

Temperatures on Thursday nudged up into the 60s and eight people were shot, including a 12-year-old boy.

Last weekend, restaurant owners scrambled to set up their outdoor dining in the sunshine. At the same time, 36 were shot in 36 hours.

“We’re making progress but we need to do more,” McCarthy said.

However, an investigation published by Chicago Magazine claims that the “progress” is an illusion. The article says that under pressure from Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Chicago cops have been reclassifying murders and violent crimes. The result is a nearly unprecedented drop in numbers.

"This is a betrayal of public trust in a sense that Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Superintendent Garry McCarthy are public servants. They are paid by our tax dollars and we deserve in return truth from them,” said Elizabeth Fenner, Editor in Chief of Chicago Magazine.

McCarthy responded that the article is “patently false” and he criticized the near total reliance on anonymous sources. “I'm troubled by it because it hurts our credibility while we're trying to build our credibility," he said.

McCarthy and Emanuel held a press conference Friday morning, announcing their response to the spike in gun battles was to increase bike patrols in the “impact zones” – cop speak for bad neighborhoods.

Once again, they both continued to insist the problem would not be solved without toughening up gun laws. “One of the things we also need to do is, obviously, change our gun laws to make sure that our strategy of more police on the street, kids, guns, and drugs off the street is as effective and coordinated as we can be,” Emanuel said.

McCarthy has insisted for a long time that laws need to toughen up on two points: discouraging third party or “straw” purchases in which a legal buyer acquires a gun for a felon, and keeping offenders from bouncing back to the street after serving just a fraction of their time.

“If you don’t go to jail for gun possession, you don’t learn not to carry a gun. If there’s no consequence for bad behavior, you don’t learn not to carry a gun,” he said.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:41 PM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

And the police chief before him, Jody Weis, said the same thing. But guess what, after moving his family to Chicago, he stays in the city and works in the city for a non profit group.

Guess he likes the "hellhole" as you all are describing it so much he decided to stay!

With all due respect, you are completely out of touch with life in Chicago and will believe that what ever the news says must be how it is everywhere.

Now Detroit is a hellhole. Chicago, no.

You are way out of touch with reality and life in the city. You have been gone too long!!!!

Trip Advisor's top 25 cities in the world.

https://travel.yahoo.com/blogs/compa...224309999.html

Chicago is only second to NYC which you may think is a hellhole too and ranked respectively number 12 and 18 in the world.

Now that says Chicago and not a suburban name there pal!!!

Btw, take the looser cubs out to the suburbs. We like winners and winning teams in the city.

Go white Sox!!!!

Last edited by pushrod-v8; 04-19-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:39 AM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

I do not believe Chicago is a hell hole , just parts are no way is Chicago like Detroit . your getting my posts wrong . what I am trying to say how Chicago gun laws do nothing to control gun violence . just to report the latest 7 shot to death 20 shot and wounded so far this weekend .
Old 04-20-2014, 02:02 PM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

I do not believe Chicago is a hell hole , just parts are no way is Chicago like Detroit . your getting my posts wrong . what I am trying to say how Chicago gun laws do nothing to control gun violence . just to report the latest 7 shot to death 20 shot and wounded so far this weekend .

Chicago and its gun laws will do nothing to reduce gun violence in the city.

I am pro gun/nra all the way.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:07 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

what I am trying to say how Chicago gun laws do nothing to control gun violence .
Everything federal or state government touches turns to crap. Little by little they're trying to take control our daily lives, which I find very troubling. It starts out with little things like what (or how much) we can eat, drink or smoke, yadda, yadda, but will eventually encompass more important and controlling issues. What I find equally troubling is apathy amongst many people that things are just fine. No one seems to care as long as it doesn't have a direct impact on their lives. I may not be the sharpest Crayon in the box, but I can run my own life without their help.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:46 PM
BLUEMEANIE
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i've lived in Chitcago aka Chi-raq for 30+ years on the northside (Sox fan). detroit is a dump.

check this site out which tracks the gun crimes there

http://heyjackass.com/
Old 04-23-2014, 03:43 PM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by pushrod-v8
I don't care what you do.

Maybe you have been gone for so long you miss the news of major companies wanting to move from the suburbs into the city to recruit the best talent.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...emplate=mobile

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...chigan-avenue#

Looks like macaroni and cheese may move its headquarters to the "hellhole."

I could go on and on but there is no point as your opinion won't change anything so why?

You old guys crack me up!
All that proves is the city is offering incentives to lure jobs.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:45 PM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

No gun laws stop gun violence.

Quick Reply: 30 people shot in Chicago this weekend WARM WEATHER IS BACK !