Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

C7R Racing Saturday at 5:00pm!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 08:43 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12 Vet
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'13-'14-'15

Default C7R Racing Saturday at 5:00pm!!!

If you're into classic road racing, or just love Corvettes, the United Sportscar Championship event at Long Beach, CA is televised LIVE at 5:00pm on Fox Sports1 (channel 237 on my Comcast). If you're not familiar with this series, Corvettes race in the GT class along with BMW's, Ferrari's, Vipers, etc. The race only lasts for 100 minutes, so it'll be a battle from the first lap.

It's already set on my DVR. Tune in!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:49 AM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

NCM Ambassador

Don't forget to set your DVR's if you're not planning on watching.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,497 Likes on 1,008 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

What means this DVR thing you speak of?
Old 04-12-2014, 12:00 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

NCM Ambassador

Its the newest mod!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:23 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Race telecast starts at 6pm.

Name:  image-869030201.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  129.9 KB
Old 04-12-2014, 04:31 PM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08 & '12

6:00 this side of the pond dvr set
Old 04-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

No-IL Events Coordinator
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

My DVR is the thing flashing 12:00 right?
Old 04-12-2014, 09:56 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

NCM Ambassador

1st& 3rd podium finish for the Corvette Racing team.

2nd & 3rd for the Corvette prototypes.

Nice day for Corvette racing!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

No-IL Events Coordinator
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by TOBASCO
1st& 3rd podium finish for the Corvette Racing team. 2nd & 3rd for the Corvette prototypes.
Nice day for Corvette racing!
Thanks for the spoiler alert!

Returning the DVR thing I bought yesterday!
Old 04-13-2014, 12:39 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by Quick Silver Z
Thanks for the spoiler alert!

Returning the DVR thing I bought yesterday!
Old 04-13-2014, 12:51 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

NCM Ambassador

I actually wrote to the sports editor of the Chicago Tribune and not only suggested that they have **** poor coverage of road racing, particularly the ALMS/USC, but I offered to do it for them - for nothing. Siting the Road America race as a "local" race that many sports car lovers would probably be interested in - especially when a lot of cars that they drive have manufacturer sponsored race teams - since there's some bragging rights in the top performing cars. Here was his response;

Hi, Brad. Thanks for writing. I'll take a look at your proposal but I also don't want to unnecessarily get your hopes up. The chances of us covering this series or even that weekend of racing are somewhere between slim and none, even if Slim would fit fine in a carbon fiber racing bucket under a five-point harness. In the eternal weighing of our resources vs. the readership (you and I might read every word of it but I'm not sure it has much reach beyond that), I don't think it breaks that way. But I will look.

Thanks again for writing. And thanks for reading.

Best,

Mike
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:03 PM
To: Kellams, Mike
Cc: tobasco27@comcast.net
Subject: A GREAT sporting event missed by the Chicago Tribune

Hi Mike,

My name is Brad Burdick, a long time Chicago area resident and lifelong Tribune reader.

No doubt you realize that the world of motorsports is a very popular spectator sport worldwide, most notably the Nascar series here in the U.S. One series that is gaining in popularity is the world of road course racing where the manufacturers and cars that many people drive everyday are being raced, such as BMW's, Corvettes and Porches.

Last year, a historic merger of different racing associations occurred to form the Tudor United States Sportscar Championship (USSC) series. This includes a number of outstanding races at classic race courses such as Sebring, the Indianapolis Speedway, Daytona, Watkins Glen, and of course, Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI. Here is a link that announces the new Championship series and the importance of this new racing series: http://www.imsa.com/articles/grand-a...istoric-merger

My request is that the Chicago Tribune sports page seriously consider coverage of this new series. More specifically, to at least cover the Road America event being held August 8-10 this summer. I truly believe that this will be a very interesting and well read story by Tribune readers. In Nascar, it's more of an interest in the competitiveness of drivers. In USSC and road racing, it's more about the competitiveness of the manufacturers . Who makes the best car to withstand hard driving, speed around corners, straight-away speed, etc.? The results of these races can often influence the choice of car for an enthusiast. Many sports car enthusiasts take significant pride in their car, and particularly in the competitiveness of our brands. Road America is a fantastic event to test the supremacy of sports car racing and bragging rights among sports car enthusiasts in the Midwest.

First and foremost, this event needs to be covered. Secondly, If you don't have someone to develop a story and cover this event for you, I'd be more than happy to do this. I'm not a journalist, but an avid sports fan as well as a motorsports enthusiast. I've spent years in the business world writing business plans, reports, etc., and feel that I could do this without question. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for listening!
Old 04-13-2014, 09:44 PM
SupermanZ
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by TOBASCO
I actually wrote to the sports editor of the Chicago Tribune and not only suggested that they have **** poor coverage of road racing, particularly the ALMS/USC, but I offered to do it for them - for nothing. Siting the Road America race as a "local" race that many sports car lovers would probably be interested in - especially when a lot of cars that they drive have manufacturer sponsored race teams - since there's some bragging rights in the top performing cars. Here was his response;

Hi, Brad. Thanks for writing. I'll take a look at your proposal but I also don't want to unnecessarily get your hopes up. The chances of us covering this series or even that weekend of racing are somewhere between slim and none, even if Slim would fit fine in a carbon fiber racing bucket under a five-point harness. In the eternal weighing of our resources vs. the readership (you and I might read every word of it but I'm not sure it has much reach beyond that), I don't think it breaks that way. But I will look.

Thanks again for writing. And thanks for reading.

Best,

Mike
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:03 PM
To: Kellams, Mike
Cc: tobasco27@comcast.net
Subject: A GREAT sporting event missed by the Chicago Tribune

Hi Mike,

My name is Brad Burdick, a long time Chicago area resident and lifelong Tribune reader.

No doubt you realize that the world of motorsports is a very popular spectator sport worldwide, most notably the Nascar series here in the U.S. One series that is gaining in popularity is the world of road course racing where the manufacturers and cars that many people drive everyday are being raced, such as BMW's, Corvettes and Porches.

Last year, a historic merger of different racing associations occurred to form the Tudor United States Sportscar Championship (USSC) series. This includes a number of outstanding races at classic race courses such as Sebring, the Indianapolis Speedway, Daytona, Watkins Glen, and of course, Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI. Here is a link that announces the new Championship series and the importance of this new racing series: http://www.imsa.com/articles/grand-a...istoric-merger

My request is that the Chicago Tribune sports page seriously consider coverage of this new series. More specifically, to at least cover the Road America event being held August 8-10 this summer. I truly believe that this will be a very interesting and well read story by Tribune readers. In Nascar, it's more of an interest in the competitiveness of drivers. In USSC and road racing, it's more about the competitiveness of the manufacturers . Who makes the best car to withstand hard driving, speed around corners, straight-away speed, etc.? The results of these races can often influence the choice of car for an enthusiast. Many sports car enthusiasts take significant pride in their car, and particularly in the competitiveness of our brands. Road America is a fantastic event to test the supremacy of sports car racing and bragging rights among sports car enthusiasts in the Midwest.

First and foremost, this event needs to be covered. Secondly, If you don't have someone to develop a story and cover this event for you, I'd be more than happy to do this. I'm not a journalist, but an avid sports fan as well as a motorsports enthusiast. I've spent years in the business world writing business plans, reports, etc., and feel that I could do this without question. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for listening!
Nice try Brad, my compliments for your effort.

Get notified of new replies

To C7R Racing Saturday at 5:00pm!!!

Quick Reply: C7R Racing Saturday at 5:00pm!!!