Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Best deal on tires in Chicagoland ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
New World Matt
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Best deal on tires in Chicagoland ?

Hey guys ,

It's time that I change out these Goodyear run flats on my 2010 Grand Sport . ( 8,000 miles and they're shot . And I don't beat my car .)

Anyone have suggestions for the best shop in Chicagoland with a best price ( Forum Discount ? ) on a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports . I'm probably NOT going to stay with RunFlats .

I'll need an alignment as well .

Thanks for your help in advance ! .... Matt

Last edited by New World Matt; 04-01-2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Change of mind about runflats.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Woz Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Matt, I'm in the same boat as you. Currently searching the web for the best deal on a set of Bridgestone's, couldn't find any cheaper than Tire Rack. My GY's are also shot, got almost 16k out of them. Hopefully someone will chime in with a smokin' deal.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 AM
perfectlyfrank
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Cruise-In 8, 9 & 11 Veteran

Order from the Tire Rack and have them installed at KO Tire in Elk Grove. They are the best tire shop in the Chicago area (search reviews in this forum and other car enthusiast forums) and are an authorized Tire Rack installer.

http://www.tirerack.com/installer/In...?zipCode=60007

https://plus.google.com/115798877005...ut?gl=us&hl=en
Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 AM
kevakasper
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C4 of the Year Finalist
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Discount tire matched Tire Racks price when I did the PS2 ZP's on my 06 last year. I am looking at the same thing for my '11 GS, TR and Discount tire are about the same price online but Discount is offering free shipping. I just used Douglas tire in Crystal Lake to re balance my fronts (3rd time since swapping rims). I will approach them as to price when I'm ready at the end of this season. If we can scratch up a volume discount, I'm in. I am only considering PS2ZP's.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM
New World Matt
Racer

Thanks for the information guys ! .... I appreciate it . The fact I need new tires already drives me nuts . But , oh well , join the club right ?

High performance vehicles command high dollar maintenance , I guess .

Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM
mjslouz06
Racer

Originally Posted by perfectlyfrank
Order from the Tire Rack and have them installed at KO Tire in Elk Grove. They are the best tire shop in the Chicago area (search reviews in this forum and other car enthusiast forums) and are an authorized Tire Rack installer.

http://www.tirerack.com/installer/In...?zipCode=60007

https://plus.google.com/115798877005...ut?gl=us&hl=en
I agree with Frank. No one other than KO is touching my rims and maybe gouging them..... KO has done 2 sets for me and flawless both times.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 AM
New World Matt
Racer

I see . That's good to know ! Good shops get good references .
Old 03-28-2013, 12:18 PM
perfectlyfrank
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Cruise-In 8, 9 & 11 Veteran

The best part about KO is hanging out in the shop when they are doing the work and BS'ing with the guys. Great group over there and meticulous about their work and their reputation.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
New World Matt
Racer

Default Looking forward to it !

Originally Posted by perfectlyfrank
The best part about KO is hanging out in the shop when they are doing the work and BS'ing with the guys. Great group over there and meticulous about their work and their reputation.
I just spoke with Kevin and I feel very comfortable taking my baby over there . Now I just have to get the process started with Tire Rack . The Brigestone reviews may have won me over , especially the price and tread wear rating . Seems like there's more value for the dollar there .
Old 03-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Witt748
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my wheels and tires for my Z from Matt at discount tires in Naperville. I completely trust them with all of my cars. That Matt is now at discount tires Palatine, but there is a new Matt managing in Naperville who will also make sure your car gets taken care of. So Matt, you could definately trust any of those Matt's with your car . KO is also a great place, you will be in good hands there as well.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:12 PM
New World Matt
Racer

Default Matt's are trustworthy guys !

Originally Posted by Witt748
I bought my wheels and tires for my Z from Matt at discount tires in Naperville. I completely trust them with all of my cars. That Matt is now at discount tires Palatine, but there is a new Matt managing in Naperville who will also make sure your car gets taken care of. So Matt, you could definately trust any of those Matt's with your car . KO is also a great place, you will be in good hands there as well.
That's cool !

I may qualify for the ' Matt's Discount ' and special ' Matt's Only VIP Preferred Express Line ' ...

Maybe they'll match Tire Rack's price .... Or perhaps beat it ?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 PM
FirstC4
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I've always had good experiences with Discount Tire, they always match, sometimes beat TireRack prices. You can usually negotiate with the tire warranty prices too.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 AM
bkalkwarf
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '12

I've used Discount Tire in Palatine twice for Vette tires. The price is always great, just double-check the nut on the valve stems after you leave; they're very afraid of over-tightening and breaking the stems. Both times, the valves stems have been loose enough that I've had a flat.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 PM
New World Matt
Racer

Default Really ?

Originally Posted by bkalkwarf
I've used Discount Tire in Palatine twice for Vette tires. The price is always great, just double-check the nut on the valve stems after you leave; they're very afraid of over-tightening and breaking the stems. Both times, the valves stems have been loose enough that I've had a flat.
Yeesh !

Ok I definitely I will keep an eye on that ! Thanks so much for the heads up .

This forum has helped me on so many levels . You guys ROCK !

Get notified of new replies

To Best deal on tires in Chicagoland ?

Quick Reply: Best deal on tires in Chicagoland ?