Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Back to the Bricks, Flint, MI

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 05:49 PM
kevinmi
kevinmi
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Back to the Bricks, Flint, MI

Here's a pic of some of the 'Vettes on display today in Flint. MI
Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2013, 02:22 AM
hipocars1
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I attended "Back to the Bricks" this weekend for the first time. Did Woodward on Saturday.
Regarding "The Bricks", I arrived about 5 pm and was surprised by the large numbers of roving packs of what appeared to be high school teenagers. The large contingent of law enforcement officers kept things under control. But it looked like a scenario where some serious mischief could break out at any time.
For an event like this, there should be a limited number of controlled access points to enter the area. This looked like an accident waiting to happen. I'm sure the town wants to keep this a "family friendly" event. Just my observations.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:14 AM
zcarbon
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hipocars1
I attended "Back to the Bricks" this weekend for the first time. Did Woodward on Saturday.
Regarding "The Bricks", I arrived about 5 pm and was surprised by the large numbers of roving packs of what appeared to be high school teenagers. The large contingent of law enforcement officers kept things under control. But it looked like a scenario where some serious mischief could break out at any time.
For an event like this, there should be a limited number of controlled access points to enter the area. This looked like an accident waiting to happen. I'm sure the town wants to keep this a "family friendly" event. Just my observations.

Wait a second ! The 4th Corvette Reunion @ The Bricks concluded at 4pm. Was a wonderful and secure time for all
**580 Vettes**I was there from 7till 4, Enjoyable event, Well Run. Just my 2 cents
Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Peeps9823
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got up to Flint just after 9:00am. Lots of people. I didn't sense any riff-raff, plus there were cops on almost every corner. If you stayed on Saginaw St. I think it was fine. If you ventured out 2-3 blocks in either direction...yeah the buildings and homes looked kinda run down. But lots of cool cars, and tons of corvettes!

Last edited by Peeps9823; 08-19-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Back to the Bricks, Flint, MI

Quick Reply: Back to the Bricks, Flint, MI