Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

good body/ paint shop in st louis

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 PM
painter306
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good body/ paint shop in st louis

Im certain this has been asked before, but i am in need of a good paint/body shop in st louis. I recently had an accident ( door almost ripped off) and had read good things about elco chevy. So i took it there especially since it was a select shop w/ my insurance.

Had the car back there twice and it keeps getting worse. After the initial visis the drivers window would seal, took it back for that then the window rattled and it developed a whistle at highway speeds and the door rubbed the fender when hit opened. None of this happened before the accident, and the rattle really bothered me, so it went back again now i have a chip in the clear coat on the passenger side (that side wasn't involved in the accident), the hood has been misaligned probably to make it line up on the drivers side since the quarter panel is in the wrong spot, and to "solve" the wind issue the driver door has been moved in about an eighth to quarter of an inch. So it doesn't line up with the body and the gaps on either side are noticeably different.

So id like a recommendation on a good shop, so i can get all this sorted out,. Im afraid of what else they'll screw up if i take it back to elco.

On the plus side the paint work they did on the correct side of the car was awesome.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:27 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

West County Autobody and White Autobody have both done good work for me.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 522 Likes on 323 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

There is a shop called Cornerstone in St. Peters that does good work. They also have experience with Corvettes.

Get notified of new replies

To good body/ paint shop in st louis

Quick Reply: good body/ paint shop in st louis