Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Thanks HP Performance!!!!! No better test than at the Drag Strip!

Old 09-10-2010, 03:01 PM
OneBadZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

Default Thanks HP Performance!!!!! No better test than at the Drag Strip!

A huge thanks to the guys at HP Performance. They built my Z06 over the past two years and I finally decided to take it to the drag strip to see how she would run.

Light attendance at the track, so I got in around 10 runs!!! Nothing like really testing a car the first time out!!!

Ran like a bat outta hell all night. The power is crazy, now I just gotta learn how to get out of the hole without spinning on street tires.

And to make things even better, we had a nice group of HP Performance vettes all racing the same night. Everyone running in the 11s. Jimmy was even there as our own personal pit crew!!

Regardless if its a Show Car, Race Car or perhaps both, man do the guys at HP Performance know how to put one together. Thank you Craig, Jimmy and Steve.

My best run was a 11.1 @ 134 MPH with a 1.8 60's. Not to shabby considering I am running a 20" rear wheel and low profile Nitto Invos!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY3azh92ueA
Old 09-10-2010, 03:17 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by OneBadZ06
A huge thanks to the guys at HP Performance. They built my Z06 over the past two years and I finally decided to take it to the drag strip to see how she would run.

Light attendance at the track, so I got in around 10 runs!!! Nothing like really testing a car the first time out!!!

Ran like a bat outta hell all night. The power is crazy, now I just gotta learn how to get out of the hole without spinning on street tires.

And to make things even better, we had a nice group of HP Performance vettes all racing the same night. Everyone running in the 11s. Jimmy was even there as our own personal pit crew!!

Regardless if its a Show Car, Race Car or perhaps both, man do the guys at HP Performance know how to put one together. Thank you Craig, Jimmy and Steve.

My best run was a 11.1 @ 134 MPH with a 1.8 60's. Not to shabby considering I am running a 20" rear wheel and low profile Nitto Invos!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY3azh92ueA
A 10 second car w/ drag radials/slicks, has but no choice than to spin STREET tires. come on now! Gota love fast cars.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:02 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Mike,

I still think you can get that puppy into the 10's. I heard you did a great job of driving that bad boy. I'm glad you guys had fun.

Steve
Old 09-11-2010, 08:06 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Next time you guys go hit me up.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:06 AM
OneBadZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

Originally Posted by ZBADESTZ
Next time you guys go hit me up.
You bet. Wwe are hoping to go a few more times before the season is over.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:40 PM
BRZI
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Congrats man those are some good times w/ the tire/ rim combo your running. With some dr's you should have low 10's no prob. What track did you go to? If you dont mind when you guys head out again let me know I would like to run it one more time this year.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:14 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by BRZI
Congrats man those are some good times w/ the tire/ rim combo your running. With some dr's you should have low 10's no prob. What track did you go to? If you dont mind when you guys head out again let me know I would like to run it one more time this year.
Mickey,

They ran up at Union Grove (Great Lakes Dragway). We're probably going to be heading up there again in a few weeks and I'll let you know. We normally meet there around 5 p.m. or so. I've got to try to get the TrailBlazer into the 13's.

Steve
Old 09-13-2010, 06:14 PM
BRZI
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks Steve. Yeah I would like to see if I can drop my Et's a litlle lower. Cool weathers here so its a good time to run em.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
KWIK 99
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great times and definite 10's with DR's. Watch the street tires for excessive wheel hop. Hate to break an output shaft and have to limp on the trailer for an embarrassing pull home!

:o

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks HP Performance!!!!! No better test than at the Drag Strip!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thanks HP Performance!!!!! No better test than at the Drag Strip!