Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Mid America Motorworks' Corvette Funfest 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
0Deb@midamerica
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid America Motorworks' Corvette Funfest 2010

We are in the process of completing this year's Corvette Funfest hardbound book and are looking for testimonials about Corvette Funfest to add to a fun spread.

If you would like to be included, please email deb.beasley@mamotorworks.com your comment about Funfest and your name.

Hurry, we are only collecting comments today and tomorrow!
Deb
Old 06-29-2010, 05:25 PM
bizaro
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Deb@midamerica
We are in the process of completing this year's Corvette Funfest hardbound book and are looking for testimonials about Corvette Funfest to add to a fun spread.

If you would like to be included, please email deb.beasley@mamotorworks.com your comment about Funfest and your name.

Hurry, we are only collecting comments today and tomorrow!
Deb

Stop charging admission to the customers who purchase your product and the people who actually draw the crowds to your facility. Without us you have nothing. We have boycotted since the admission and will continue to do so until you make it a customer appreciation event like it is billed as. Print that!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Yep. Can't even bring myself to purchase from MAM any more.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by bizaro
Stop charging admission to the customers who purchase your product and the people who actually draw the crowds to your facility. Without us you have nothing. We have boycotted since the admission and will continue to do so until you make it a customer appreciation event like it is billed as. Print that!
how about... fire family members that are in high positions - but are not skilled/talented to do the task at hand. Instead; hire people that have natural talent and know how to deal with unpleasant situations.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:16 PM
tmjvett2009
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

We do still go but we are not happy about the cost to get in and the high prices for a room that is not worth half of what they charge. If it was not a good get away weekend we would stop.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:52 PM
0Deb@midamerica
Former Vendor

Default Corvette Funfest

Yes, Corvette Funfest started in 1994 as a customer appreciation party. Since that time, it has grown each year into a national car show event. The economics of it, is that last year we had to make a decision whether to start to charge a nominal fee or consider cancelling the event. It would be extremely hard these days to find a free event similar to Funfest.

I personally, have worked at Mid America Motorworks since 2003 (and hoping on many more years to come). The entire Mid America Motorworks family puts a lot into planning and putting on the event and when the event arrives, it is the attendees that make it all worth it.

Have a safe and happy summer,
Deb
Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 AM
bizaro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Deb@midamerica
Yes, Corvette Funfest started in 1994 as a customer appreciation party. Since that time, it has grown each year into a national car show event. The economics of it, is that last year we had to make a decision whether to start to charge a nominal fee or consider cancelling the event. It would be extremely hard these days to find a free event similar to Funfest.

I personally, have worked at Mid America Motorworks since 2003 (and hoping on many more years to come). The entire Mid America Motorworks family puts a lot into planning and putting on the event and when the event arrives, it is the attendees that make it all worth it.

Have a safe and happy summer,
Deb
Deb, We realize all the work you guys put into this event. And all you have done for us in particular over the years. However you are missing the point on how this event got so big. It's because of us. Not your store. I would love to see your sales figures for this weekend. Charge the spectators that come to see all the cars and the people. Not the people that brings the cars and the money to purchase your product. At the very least refund admission to anyone making a purchase. We are the reason this has grown to such an extreme. We bring the cars and the money. Think of it this way. How many would come if the cars were not there? Good luck and we wish you continued success. We just won't be a part of it. Just being honest.

Last edited by bizaro; 07-07-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:12 AM
HEB
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by tmjvett2009
We do still go but we are not happy about the cost to get in and the high prices for a room that is not worth half of what they charge. If it was not a good get away weekend we would stop.

I have attended since 1996, always have a good time,so I'll keep going.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
mcrams
Burning Brakes

Very good idea to refund admission with a purchase!! I will attend though either way. I enjoy this event. Thanks for hosting!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 PM
vettesmith02
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrams
Very good idea to refund admission with a purchase!! I will attend though either way. I enjoy this event. Thanks for hosting!

As will I.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by bizaro
you are missing the point on how this event got so big. It's because of us. Not your store.
ding... ding... ding; we have a winner !
Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 AM
LD85
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My son and I still go, I wont let $20 prevent my son and I from having a good time.

However, the hotel shortage is not so good, we want to spend the night this Saturday and cant find a room, I guess I waited to long when I started looking 2 weeks ago.

Since its the 4th, here is a pic from last year.

Last edited by LD85; 07-06-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 AM
LDB C5
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have been twice in the past, haven't attended for the past 3 years; and will not return. Fun Fest is a "One Trick Pony". MAM is WAY over priced on many (if not all) of their parts; and have little to offer for earlier models. There are other; and FAR better events for enthusiasts.

Go to Corvettes at Carlisle; more cars; more vendors; a swap meet, and guess what ...... MAM has a booth there if you really need to give them your $$

just my $0.02
Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by LDB C5
I have been twice in the past, haven't attended since...

....I haven't supported MAM since they went to having Porsche & VW parts. I'll buy only from someone who sells only "Corvette Parts".

...by having Porsche, VW & Corvette parts I felt it's like buying off of J.C.Whitney.

...just my opinion.

...I attended in '93 & '94. Was a good show then.

...please stop sending catalogs. I'm tired of running the damn things out to the trash.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Tigershark3
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Although I don't totally disagree with some of the negative comments posted here I'll still go.... $20 for an all Corvette event where you get a shirt, book and a concert is a fair exchange IMHO. Besides my wife has many relatives in Effingham so lodging is free and so's the food much of the time.

The "Guess Who" though.... never was much of a fan even in their heyday.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:07 PM
rjwoerheide
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This again? Those of you who are pissed off about the admission charge can vote by not attending. It's a worthwhile event and I enjoy it every year. Don't like paying? Don't! But can you pipe down about it every year and let those of us who do attend not have to field this crap each time?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:10 PM
CRUZN C4
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

It's actually cheaper to attend Funfest than Bloomington Gold. You pay the $25 for the whole weekend. How much does it cost for a weekend pass for Bloomington Gold? I think 50 or 60 bucks. No thank you. Besides it's the people that went to Funfest and bought nothing are the reasons why we have to pay to get in. To some people it was another car show on the calendar, to the long time customers it was a gathering to appreate us. This is my .02.

Get notified of new replies

To Mid America Motorworks' Corvette Funfest 2010

Old 07-17-2010, 06:46 AM
bizaro
Race Director

Originally Posted by rjwoerheide
This again? Those of you who are pissed off about the admission charge can vote by not attending. It's a worthwhile event and I enjoy it every year. Don't like paying? Don't! But can you pipe down about it every year and let those of us who do attend not have to field this crap each time?
Reading goes so much faster when you don't stop to comprehend.
"We are in the process of completing this year's Corvette Funfest hardbound book and are looking for testimonials about Corvette Funfest to add to a fun spread."

Deb asked for testimonials. Not your opinion of them. Get over yourself and pay attention, just once ok?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:17 AM
LDB C5
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Want your click back?
Old 07-17-2010, 09:02 PM
QwikC
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Why then do you bother reading/attending this thread if you find it bothersome and/or unable to accept life's many contrarieties?

Quick Reply: Mid America Motorworks' Corvette Funfest 2010