Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Any Vette owners in Springfield, MO area??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:06 PM
fixvet
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any Vette owners in Springfield, MO area??

I'll be moving to the Springfield, MO area this fall and just wondering if there are any vette clubs, groups etc. in this area of Missouri. I've only been to Springfield one time...........1969!

Please chime in with our posts if you have any information. I'm semi-retired but will be looking for a decent job for the next several years to make ends meet. I currently do alot of detailing for vette and high end car owners here in the San Diego area.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 08-17-2008, 02:22 PM
fixvet
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Any vette owners in SW MO??

Old 08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
ChromeGuy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default springfield, Mo. Vettes

There is a large Corvette Club in Springfield, Mo. call the "Vintage Vettes of the Ozarks" They have all years of Corvettes. They have a web site http://vintagevettesoftheozarks.com.

There is a fair number of us who run the autocrosses that the SCCA has here in Springfield. That is the Ozark Mountain REgion of the SCCA. Web site: http://omrsolo2.org

Every Corvette owner in the area attends the Eureka Springs, Ar. weekend the first weekend in October. http://www.eurekaspringscorvette.org/

I would be interested in meeting you, I own a motorcycle store in Springfield located at US 65 & Chestnut exp. next to McDonalds called Gene's Gallery.

Welcome to the Ozarks!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 PM
B0B
Racer

Default SW MO Table Rock Lake

Welcome to the Ozarks and Table Rock Lake

Hope to see you at the Corvette Weekend in Eureka Springs, Ar, It starts with SHORT COURSE AUTOCROSS , Oct 2, Thursday, 10:00am
Davis Chevrolet, east Highway 62, Berryville, Arkansas.

Bob
Old 09-30-2008, 02:55 AM
CrazyChris
Racer

Welcome to the area. There are several C5 owners in Springfield
Old 10-05-2008, 10:40 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

I was just in Springfield for work this last week. I had a report that Reliable Chev had a ZR1 in its showroom, waiting for the owner to pick it up. Apparently ~100+ cars showed up last Sunday for a quickie show for the guy that was coming in to pick it up.

I just missed it.

I came in on Monday of this last week. They said it was there for a week and an half.

I also have a bud that lives in Battlefield. Says hes glad they choose Mo, coming from Las Vegas. Real happy with the area.

B...
Old 10-22-2008, 08:49 PM
fixvet
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I finally got everything moved from San Diego to Springfield......including my C5 last week. Now, to get everything organized and put away at home....then I'll be ready for some cruining on nice sunny fall days. Last week, I drove in rain for 3 hours across Kansas on I-70, and my car didn't even melt!
It's washed and clean again sitting in my garage again.

Let me know if anyone wants to meet somewhere for coffee some Sat. morning......weather permitting. You can PM me for my cell #.
I live near Campbell/Battlefield Ave. area.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
JJ 86
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,428 Likes on 14,044 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Springfield is a great area to live in. Close to Eureka Springs (big car show there in October each year) and lots of good roads for cruising. I know there are some forum members there - hopefully they will contact you.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:03 PM
z0650
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Ozarks! You'll find the quality of life better here than anywhere else in the USA. Especially Kalifornia. Vettes are everywhere, but some of us wusses only drive then on sunny days. Did anyone tell you about the ice storms?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:38 PM
fixvet
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by z0650
Welcome to the Ozarks! You'll find the quality of life better here than anywhere else in the USA. Especially Kalifornia. Vettes are everywhere, but some of us wusses only drive then on sunny days. Did anyone tell you about the ice storms?
Yeah, I love it here. It's good to be back in the midwest again! I still have my ice scrapers that I had in western KS 15 years ago. I've heard about the ice here!

Mike, my son just bought a beautiful country home west of Nixa off Carroll Rd & Hiway 14. I took some pics of my '98 last Sun in his driveway. My coupe turned 11 yrs old on Monday 11/3. Are you a vette club member or just a cruiser.....like me? I've met a couple of each so far, since my arrival here on 10/1. I need someone to show me the back country roads sometime. I live in SW Springfield off Battlefield, but go out to my son's house often. Wave if you see me!

Dennis

My son's driveway!!

Old 11-08-2008, 02:40 PM
z0650
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice area your son lives in, how much would that cost in calif? Your car looks really good for 11 years old! I live north of him off of AA hiway, west of campbell and the gokart track.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:05 PM
fixvet
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by z0650
Nice area your son lives in, how much would that cost in calif? Your car looks really good for 11 years old! I live north of him off of AA hiway, west of campbell and the gokart track.
Yes, Jason's house if in SoCal would be an easy $900+, but with 3.5 arcres like he has, it would be close to $1.5mil for sure. I've been amazed at the difference in my cost of living here. It's at least 1/2 of what I was spending in San Diego for rent, and everything else is alot less here too, food...gas...clothes etc. I ain't complaining about the weather either, as long as we don't get those raging blizzards like I grew up with in western Kansas.....back in the day! I like the change of seasons again. I'm really happy to be back in the good ol' midwest!

My son has been busy the past 2 weeks sucking up alot of leaves at this place, with his "new" used 48" John Deere mower/bagger. I've been helping too.........and I think the worse is over for him this fall. I detailed the mower for him, just like I would someone's vette!

Dennis

Last edited by fixvet; 11-08-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Dennis
You hoser, what's going on back there. Had a little run with the guys from Orange Co. today. The San Diego guys broke of their little cruise and went to Laguna Bch for Margies and Mexican food. Laughed our butts...missed having you there. Take care bud
8 Ball
Old 11-24-2008, 09:56 AM
fixvet
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Varmit
Dennis
You hoser, what's going on back there. Had a little run with the guys from Orange Co. today. The San Diego guys broke of their little cruise and went to Laguna Bch for Margies and Mexican food. Laughed our butts...missed having you there. Take care bud
8 Ball
Hey Benny, good to hear from you! I saw some pics of your Block cruise in yesterday. I've been keeping busy here picking up leaves (you remember those days in Tenn?! ha!) and looking for a job. Parttime or fulltime, I don't care. Just want something to do. It's been great being close to my granddaughter. She's getting to know her ol' Gramps pretty well. Just my good side, though!
I really like Springfield and the Ozarks. Had some cold mornings already, but it feels good and brings back some memories. Been down to Branson a few times in my C5, mostly just cruising around checking out the back roads...........and there's lots of them in them thar hills!! Beautiful country!! Met a few local vette owners, but haven't cruised with anyone yet. Plenty of time for that. Hope you have a good holiday!

D
Old 11-24-2008, 02:05 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Dennis, welcome to Springfield. I also live in the SW off Battlefield Rd. I'm the outgoing secretary of the local club. We have 91 members from a 1956 through 2009. Checkout www.vintagevettesoftheozarks.com for info on our club. Most of our members are in the 50-65 age group from very diverse backgrounds, and areas of the country. We enjoy our Vettes and our food. Hope you will attend one (or more) of our activities and see if you want to join in with us.

Joe
Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by fixvet
Hey Benny, good to hear from you! I saw some pics of your Block cruise in yesterday. I've been keeping busy here picking up leaves (you remember those days in Tenn?! ha!) and looking for a job. Parttime or fulltime, I don't care. Just want something to do. It's been great being close to my granddaughter. She's getting to know her ol' Gramps pretty well. Just my good side, though!
I really like Springfield and the Ozarks. Had some cold mornings already, but it feels good and brings back some memories. Been down to Branson a few times in my C5, mostly just cruising around checking out the back roads...........and there's lots of them in them thar hills!! Beautiful country!! Met a few local vette owners, but haven't cruised with anyone yet. Plenty of time for that. Hope you have a good holiday!

D

You have a good Thanksgiving with your family back there. Rog and Link will be here Sat to help install the four post lift!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:02 PM
fixvet
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Varmit
four post lift!!!!
You dirty dog!! I envy you big time!!!

The three of you will "get-r-done" for sure!!

Get notified of new replies

To Any Vette owners in Springfield, MO area??

Quick Reply: Any Vette owners in Springfield, MO area??