Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

RPM Transmissions : Simply the *BEST* Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:05 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Default RPM Transmissions : Simply the *BEST* Customer Service

Massive props to RPM Transmissions in Indiana. TJ & Rodney of RPM went WAY above and well beyond in their customer service. Outstanding outfit!!!!

Here's the story : I ordered a RPM Level IV 4L60E & RPM 2400 stall for one of my customers in early December 2007.

RPM shut down for the Christmas holiday from Dec 14th thru January 2nd.

The trans arrived quickly (on Wednesday Dec 18th) and scheduled my customer to come in Dec 21st.

On Dec 20 - still no stall arrived, so called TJ of RPM and asked if they could overnight the stall as my customer wanted his car completed before Christmas.

No problem - Friday Dec 21st, stall arrives via overnight UPS

Get everything swapped on Friday, fire it up and there is a major leak where the torque tube meets the trans.

Back on the lift and a quick call to RPM. TJ suggests it might be a bad front seal. No worries, I'll just pull it back out on Saturday Dec 22nd, change the seal and throw that bad boy back together and get my customer on his merry way.

New seal from NAPA on Sat morning, tranny and stall back out, swap seal, check everything is copacetic, and get everything back together. Refill with trans fluid - and the leak is the same! Bummer.

Call TJ on his cellphone and he says to me "I'm on vacation in Melbourne, FL - I'll come down on Monday and have a look at it". Monday - is Christmas Eve!!!!! Talk about crazy customer service!!!! Wow!

On Sunday Dec 23rd, I pull the drivetrain back out.

TJ comes down to the shop on Monday Dec 24th and performs a low pressure air test on the torque converter. It passes, so he investigates the RPM transmission itself and diagnoses the problem as a possible front pump hairline crack on the transmission front pump.

TJ gets ready - on Christmas Eve - to perform major surgery - and pull apart the old transmission and use the front pump from that and put it in the new RPM transmission.

Again - what can I say??? On Christmas Eve whie he is on vacation! Awesome!!

Turns out I didn't have the specialty tools needed to strip the old and new 4L60E down to swap the pump, so TJ gets on the phone to Rodney and Rodney decides to send me another new transmission - and get this - he will go into the shop the day after Christmas and build it!!!!

True to his word, Rodney builds me a new tranny on December 26th and it is in my shop on Friday December 28th, bright and early. 2 day freight at Christmas time - free of charge!!!!

On with the new tranny, on with the diff, stall, torque tube etc. Install, fill, fire up... it still leaks!!!!

Quick call to TJ (who, I might add, is still on vacation!!!). All that's left is the stall - so a new one will be ordered on January 2nd, as Precision are also closed.

January 3rd, new stall arrives - again - overnight at no charge!! On with the stall, torquetube etc. Fill, fire it up - no leaks!!! Success!!!

Customer was present for most of this drama and met TJ at my shop - he is very appreciative of all that TJ and Rodney have done - well above and beyond - to make him a happy camper.

RPM Transmissions : Simply the BEST!! Thanks again to TJ and Rodney!

Stephen
Old 01-04-2008, 04:39 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

I drove down from Chicago to Indiana, nice little 5 hour trek (give or take) Rodney had me scheduled for an appointment...there must have been 15 or so cars there they were working on that day, but they got me in and out in 1 day!!... did a New Level IV Tranny, Clutch, Gears.. in and out in 8 hours

Great shop and crew. Rodney Rules!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:57 PM
black98c5
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why they'll be getting my business when my tranny gives up the ghost.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:39 PM
JeepTJ
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Just can’t think Stephen and TJ enough for all they did over the holidays. Vette is running great. New Stage IV A4 with RPM’s 2400 stall converter is Awesome.
I can’t believe Stephen did not post any pics in this thread. So I will help him out.

Stephen installing the soon to be called DEMON converter.

TJ at the shop on Christmas eve.

Stephen arriving at the shop. I must have been early.

Christmas dinner at my house. For those of you up north, this is on the screen porch. Temp in the mid 70’s. Notice the bottles in front of Stephen.

Another new Transmision. Again shipped the day after Christmas from RPM. And they were closed untill Jan 2.

The customer support from Englandgreen and RPM was over the top. Many thanks to Stephen and TJ for getting my Vette back on the road. And better then new.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
kp@hp
Pro

Thats why we are starting off the new year with RPM being our new source for transmissions and diffs..
www.hpperformancecorvettes.com
Old 01-04-2008, 06:19 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Default HP Performance Corvettes - Mundelein

Who's stopping by "The Man Cave" tomorrow morning (01/05/08)? I've got the donuts!

Steve
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by kp@hp
Thats why we are starting off the new year with RPM being our new source for transmissions and diffs..
RODNEY and RPM transmissions are simply the best, bar none!
Old 01-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Bluvette1
Burning Brakes

We have been using Rodney for years, since before he started RPM. Stands behind all his work zero problems, great customer service.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:57 AM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Old 01-05-2008, 09:35 AM
perfectlyfrank
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Cruise-In 8, 9 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by kp@hp
That's good to know Kevin, but I hope I don't need either for a while.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:40 AM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

RPM & HP rock very cool Kevin
Old 01-05-2008, 10:54 AM
blwnc5
Drifting

I had great customer service from them to, I had to have my car towed to them with there trailer, 300 buck, Not bad, They had my car ready in less than a week and I rented a car and drove down, Todd met me a the Budget rent a car that saved me 1.5 hrs off my trip, Had the car clean and ready, Went over everything and I was on my way, The tranny is perfect and he put in a diff and all the good stuff so no worry's at the track, Thanks RPM.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:20 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
Who's stopping by "The Man Cave" tomorrow morning (01/05/08)? I've got the donuts!

Steve
Sorry guys. I thought I had started a a new thread and ended up posting it here. I'll figure out how to use this thing one of these days.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:47 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

to RPM
Great to hear positive stories about supporting vendors

also to ENGLANDGREEN
EG, you also busted your butt over a holiday giving customer service to your customer. Lets not all forget that fact
Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by c5 BearsFan
to RPM
Great to hear positive stories about supporting vendors

also to ENGLANDGREEN
EG, you also busted your butt over a holiday giving customer service to your customer. Lets not all forget that fact
Just keeping my customers happy - they pay my bills
Old 01-06-2008, 03:42 PM
JOHNNY P.
Drifting

Location: IF YOUR BIG DOLLAR PROJECT DOESN'T RUN 9'S OR BETTER ....BURN IT ! SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GRAB A LANE ! CHICAGO IL. -------- HOME OF THE FASTEST STREETCARS BARNONE !
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard of RPM.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Y2KC5NBM
Pro

Cruise-In V Veteran

Rodney and Crew is top notch and I've always had great experiances with them. The best part for me is that I live 10 minutes from their shop!

Get notified of new replies

To RPM Transmissions : Simply the *BEST* Customer Service

Quick Reply: RPM Transmissions : Simply the *BEST* Customer Service