Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Indy Dana 44 needs help

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 09:04 AM
Al R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indy Dana 44 needs help

First, I recently moved into the Plainfield, IN. area and want to say hello to my Indy Corvette brothers and sisters.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at some of the local events as soon as I get my broken baby back on the street.

The "broken" part is why I'm posting tho', my Dana 44 needs a complete rebuild and maybe a gear change (still thinking on that one) from a 3.07 to a 3.73. I managed to break a couple teeth off of one of the spider gears and the diff has a little over 100K on it so a complete overhaul is in order.

I'm asking for your help in finding a shop qualified to do this work and get it right. Anyone with advice on a good shop to get a Dana 44 rebuilt please speak up, I would appreciate it very much.

Al R
Old 05-31-2006, 08:57 PM
indy300
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Al R
First, I recently moved into the Plainfield, IN. area and want to say hello to my Indy Corvette brothers and sisters.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at some of the local events as soon as I get my broken baby back on the street.

The "broken" part is why I'm posting tho', my Dana 44 needs a complete rebuild and maybe a gear change (still thinking on that one) from a 3.07 to a 3.73. I managed to break a couple teeth off of one of the spider gears and the diff has a little over 100K on it so a complete overhaul is in order.

I'm asking for your help in finding a shop qualified to do this work and get it right. Anyone with advice on a good shop to get a Dana 44 rebuilt please speak up, I would appreciate it very much.

Al R
Welcome to the neighborhood, Al. I hope to see you out at some events this season. Keep checking here for info.

Unfortunately I don't have a recommendation for a place to fix you gears. However others will chime in with suggestions.

Welcome again!
Old 06-02-2006, 01:36 PM
vettecop1125
Le Mans Master

CI 7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05

Call Rodney at RPM Transmission and see if he can help. He's near New Castle, IN.
http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/

Last edited by vettecop1125; 06-02-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:43 PM
95Purple
Pro

What hood do you have on your car it looks sweet? Have anymore pictures of it?
Old 06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Al R
Instructor

Mike, Thank's for the welcome. I'll keep my eye on this forum watching for upcoming events, looking forward to joining the Indy scene. I should be rolling again by the end of June, sooner the better, I'm having Corvette withdrawal reeeeal baaaad.

vettecop1125, Thank's for the tip. I talked to Rodney and although he won't be handling this job I'll be keeping his number handy for future reference.

95Purple, The hood is made by ToledoPro Fiberglass and is the 2 3/4" version. I'm very happy I decided to go with this hood when I ended up having to replace the original, fit is good, uses all the factory hardware and the vents in the cowl area provide someplace for underhood heat to escape. I have plenty of pic's but haven't set up internet service at my new home just yet. I could put a few pic's on the memory stick and email them to you from here (work) if you would like. Let me know.

BTW, the broken Dana 44 is being dropped off at a local driveline shop tomorrow, hope to (read, neeeed to) have it back soon.

Al.

Get notified of new replies

To Indy Dana 44 needs help

Quick Reply: Indy Dana 44 needs help